Let's play...Pick a replacement port!

cruisequeen4ever

We are most likely going to miss Key West on our next cruise.

I would take Costa Maya over any port in Jamaica or Cozumel. Or might be fun to do an overnight in one of the ABC islands, which are also on our itinerary. Martinique is someplace I've never been before ... maybe that one would be good.

Would think overnight stays in ports difficult with all cruise lines looking for replacement ports. Perhaps early in and early out port times coupled with late in and late out port times to accommodate more ships would happen if needed.

Our upcoming November cruise includes St.Thomas and St. Maarten. Also Princess Cays is our other stop. That one sounds like a go. Will be interesting to see what happens.

We have St Maarten on our 10-26 cruise. Since we are going to Bonaire, Curaçao would be my choice for replacement. I am assuming we will still go to Antigua. Time will tell.

We also have 3 days booked in Key West after the cruise. 😂

Cheers, Denise

Just got the itinerary change for the 10/26 cruise out of NYC to FLL. Antigua, St.Kitts, and Bonaire in that order....Great cruise for those folks who like sea days and St.Kitts is much better overall than St. Maarten....

Just got the itinerary change for the 10/26 cruise out of NYC to FLL. Antigua, St.Kitts, and Bonaire in that order....Great cruise for those folks who like sea days and St.Kitts is much better overall than St. Maarten....

Thanks for the info. We love St Maarten but St Kitts works for us! It's been a while since we were there.

Cheers, Denise

All the cruise ports in the Caribbean depend on the cruise lines and the tourist trade it brings, we all know that. It will take some time but you can rest assured that they will be working extremely hard to get the port back up and running so that the cruise lines will add it back to their itinerary.
It will take lots more than getting a port up and running (i.e. the docks, etc.). Most of the scenery has been wiped clean, not to mention the homes and stores being badly damaged, if not destroyed. Snorkeling and other water activities would appear to be the only things a cruise pax could do in the foreseeable future.

How much infrastructure does St. Croix have for proposed huge increase in cruise ships visit? We've been on 15 eastern Caribbean cruises and never stopped there.

Edited by BarbinMich
additional material

Actually it'll be a nice change to visit St Croix for a change. Their shopping used to be very limited compared to St Thomas but it's still a nice island for a day at the beach.

It also looks like they've built a shopping mall near the cruise dock.

We are sailing (another cruiseline) in 10 days. 3 of our ports were changed. An 11 night cruise.

Cancelled: St. Thomas, Tortola, St. Maarten

Replaced by: St. Croix, Martinique, San Jaun

That's a good one! When I asked DH what his top pick would be, he said Martinique.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ugh is right. Poor people all over the Keys. Since we aren't scheduled to arrive until 11-5, I am waiting to find out what the situation is. No, the deposit isn't refundable but then again these aren't ordinary circumstances. If we can make the drive there, we will. Time will tell.

Cheers, Denise

I hope it works out not only for your trip but for the sake of those poor locals!!

St. Thomas has been replaced with San Juan, PR on the CB Oct. 7th voyage. Nice alternative. Never been there except to fly in for a NCL voyage. It's not St. Croix, but we are looking forward to the visit.

Good! It's always nice when you can tick off another port.

St. Thomas has been replaced with San Juan, PR on the CB Oct. 7th voyage. Nice alternative. Never been there except to fly in for a NCL voyage. It's not St. Croix, but we are looking forward to the visit.

Good! It's always nice when you can tick off another port.

We have St Maarten on our 10-26 cruise. Since we are going to Bonaire, Curaçao would be my choice for replacement. I am assuming we will still go to Antigua. Time will tell.

We also have 3 days booked in Key West after the cruise. 😂

Cheers, Denise

I second Curacao as a replacement port. Love that place.