why was the booze package removed from my cruise?

luckyinpa

i log on every day just to check things out. i know princess never puts things on sale but royal does so i'm trained to check every day and its just ingrained in me

every day the booze pack is on the top of the menu. today the soda pack is there on top and no booze pack. i dont really drink so no biggie but just wondering why this would not be an option 36 days out from sailing?

i log on every day just to check things out. i know princess never puts things on sale but royal does so i'm trained to check every day and its just ingrained in me

every day the booze pack is on the top of the menu. today the soda pack is there on top and no booze pack. i dont really drink so no biggie but just wondering why this would not be an option 36 days out from sailing?

I just noticed that on ours (Royal) last night too. (15 days out). :confused:

Just checked now and it's there again.

How bizarre, I just looked again and it's gone again. :o

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I just checked all of my bookings and the AIBP is not available for purchase on any of them. It's very strange. At least the cruises I have booked under "Sip and Sail" are still showing that we have the AIBP. Hopefully this is just a glitch in the booking system and it will be fixed shortly.

Is your cruise an Ocean Medallion cruise?

I'm sailing on the cruise before the Golden Princess gets the Ocean Medallion activated, and have been wondering if I can get the Soda and More package. Logged into my Cruise Personalizer the other day, and yes I can! Probably will get at least 1 Buy 6 Cans of Soda for the Price of 5, available through Room Service , so I don't need to get dressed to go and get myself a Soda late at night-learnt about the deal in the Folder in my Suite, ever so useful it was!

Is your cruise an Ocean Medallion cruise?

We're sailing on the Pacific Princess in May. AIBP is no longer an option and it's definitely not a Medallion cruise.

It's also missing from the next two segments we booked on PA but the Sip N Sale is still listed as complimentary.

So now I'm wondering (hoping) they've only temporarily pulled it so they can harmonize the wording across the site to reflect the limits we've been reading so much about.

Edited by beg3yrs

If you and other posters are talking about the Sip and Sail Promotion -- it ended on August 31st. The deadline date for which it would be offered was clearly spelled out throughout the website and on each cruise's info.

If you and other posters are talking about the Sip and Sail Promotion -- it ended on August 31st. The deadline date for which it would be offered was clearly spelled out throughout the website and on each cruise's info.

No, that's not what is being discussed. The option to purchase the AIBP under Onboard Reservations / Beverage Packages has disappeared from the web-site.

I have 5 cruises booked through winter 2019 and all no longer list the AIBP package. I have S'n'S on all of them and that package is listed on my 5 cruises in the cruise personalizer. So now I am wondering like the rest of you what is going on. Is Princess dropping AIBP entirely, changing the parameters or simply changing the wording. Something for sure is happening to AIBP and also to future S'n'S sales. We will all have to anxiously await the news.

I am in the UK, and just checked my personaliser, I can still purchase the AIBP for our May sailing. £45.96 per day.

My husband hasn't added it yet, we usually don't add anything until after final payment.

Now wondering is it a glitch on the US site, or are changes a foot and He should purchase it now.

I can see that it's still available if I go to the Booking Summary tab in the Cruise Personalizer and click on the Beverage Packages link on the bottom of the screen. I have cruises booked for both Medallion and non-Medallion ships and it's showing up on all of them.

I can see that it's still available if I go to the Booking Summary tab in the Cruise Personalizer and click on the Beverage Packages link on the bottom of the screen. I have cruises booked for both Medallion and non-Medallion ships and it's showing up on all of them.

found it when I did it this way ...thanks

found it when I did it this way ...thanks

I see it there as well. Interesting that it's disappeared from the more obvious way to find it.

Thanks, I will check that out. DH wants it for our cruise next month.

I posted comment on a thread about the MORNING coffee bar was starting to remind me of a Las Vegas style coffee bar where many in the MORNING are having Bloody Mary's, Mimosa and beers and it was changing the ambiance in the café in the morning. I decided this is probably the reason we will not be booking cruises with Princess after we complete our 80th cruise that we have already booked. I read the follow up replies and was rather disappointed in the level of reading comprehension of the majority of post that said they have not noticed an increase in drunken behavior. Some said they never saw passengers over the edge, some said I was probably one who likes to give cruisers a bad name, others said I was probably not a normal guy , a regular guy . I was a type of snob. The answers then went into how great you can have all those martinis and how they started to share what drinks were better and so on and it turned into a stand up for people right to drink alcohol and enjoy their fun. It had nothing to do with my post of MORNING café bar is a changed ambience and I never saw that UNTIL the AIBP. The critic forum is for critiquing, an expression of opinion involving a judgement of it's value that's all. I then see this post about the AIBP maybe is gone? Oh my it must be a glitch? Well maybe the Executives, Security , etc.. have shared their input of the program? I would like it to be gone but that is my opinion. I do not tell oothers that they cannot do whatever they want to, I just thought it was not a good idea to offer this on a cruise ship .

I have the Sip & Sail promo with the AIBP booked for a cruise in Dec 2018. Where on the Princess website booking should I look to find that they show I do have the bev package? Thank you

In your cruise personalizer click on Onboard Reservations then scroll to the bottom of the page. Your complimentary AIBP should be listed there.

enhance

My understanding is that they are reworking the package mostly as a result of "cheating" There was some consideration of a daily limit and believe that has been tried. The other option was everyone in the Cabin would have to buy the package. I know there were other ideas afoot so it may be anyones guess what the final product will be

I posted comment on a thread about the MORNING coffee bar was starting to remind me of a Las Vegas style coffee bar where many in the MORNING are having Bloody Mary's, Mimosa and beers and it was changing the ambiance in the café in the morning. I decided this is probably the reason we will not be booking cruises with Princess after we complete our 80th cruise that we have already booked. I read the follow up replies and was rather disappointed in the level of reading comprehension of the majority of post that said they have not noticed an increase in drunken behavior. Some said they never saw passengers over the edge, some said I was probably one who likes to give cruisers a bad name, others said I was probably not a normal guy , a regular guy . I was a type of snob. The answers then went into how great you can have all those martinis and how they started to share what drinks were better and so on and it turned into a stand up for people right to drink alcohol and enjoy their fun. It had nothing to do with my post of MORNING café bar is a changed ambience and I never saw that UNTIL the AIBP. The critic forum is for critiquing, an expression of opinion involving a judgement of it's value that's all. I then see this post about the AIBP maybe is gone? Oh my it must be a glitch? Well maybe the Executives, Security , etc.. have shared their input of the program? I would like it to be gone but that is my opinion. I do not tell oothers that they cannot do whatever they want to, I just thought it was not a good idea to offer this on a cruise ship .

Ahhhhhhhhh..... Many thanks for returning to point out the clarification of your issue. Greatly appreciated.

Just reporting back that I was able to go to our booking summary and purchase the AIBP. There was some discussion of a possible price increase in the package, starting September 30th. Anyway, the pricing today was still $57.40 per day, including the gratuity. Since we leave in October, I wanted to ensure that we purchased under the old pricing, just in case. Thank you again SpareBrew.:)