Who is your favorite cruise director past or present?

matymil

From the distant past it is Lenny Halliday. From the more recent past it is Steve Cassel, who plays a mean fiddle. Looking forward to Frankie Portera for the 3rd time on an upcoming cruise. I check the list before booking and anyone except Jen Baxter is OK. .

I always find these Cruise Director posts interesting. I have yet to even remember a cruise directors name. Can't say I have seen one out and about other then doing the stuff on stage. Either mine have sucked or I just don't pay attention.

I felt the same way as you until two weeks ago when we sailed on the Vista. When we booked over a year ago I assumed it would be Matt Mitcham as the cruise director and I couldn’t wait to see what all the hype was about. Then closer to cruise Time I realized it would actually be Schwartz. I was dissapointed until that first announcement he ended with “I Love You”, which made me chuckle. Then throughout the cruise we actually looked forward to seeing him interact and perform. Hands down best cruise director ever!

Used to love Big Tex back in the day!

We second Big Tex. He was great. We also loved Mat Segun. We are in the minority because we did NOT like Dr. E at all. But I am very excited to be sailing with the Flying Scotsman in January on the Dream. May have a new favorite.

• 1 month later...

I have no "favorite" CD. I judge their worth as to how they handle the "It's that time to get your butts off the ship" speech. I can only recall one CD that appreciated the "last day syndrome" when saying it was time to leave, then saying a simple "God bye" with "feeling".

Just got off the Sunshine yesterday. Emma was absolutely wonderful. She was always so energetic and enthusiastic. I’ve missed hearing her “Hello, Lovlies!” since we’ve left the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Benjamin Lambert!! I've been on 11 cruises so far and Benjamin is the only cruise director that I cared to follow around the ship. This guy has so much energy, is personable and has a great sense of humor!! He's on the Victory now. I even took the time to go shake his hand and tell him what a great CD he was.

We second Big Tex. He was great. We also loved Mat Segun. We are in the minority because we did NOT like Dr. E at all. But I am very excited to be sailing with the Flying Scotsman in January on the Dream. May have a new favorite.

He just left and won't be back until February 11. This is a change from the previous schedule.

Last week I was on the Triumph. The cruise director is Jessica Brandt, known as Jess From the US. She was great - very personable and outgoing and has a tremendous attitude. She has prior experience with RCCL and one of the river cruise companies. She is a great addition to Carnival.

Thank you! We had Jess from the US last year on the Triumph and thought she was great, made quite an impression, plenty of energy and positivity, covered a lot of ground and seemed to be an active part of just about every event.

• 2 months later...
I felt the same way as you until two weeks ago when we sailed on the Vista. When we booked over a year ago I assumed it would be Matt Mitcham as the cruise director and I couldn’t wait to see what all the hype was about. Then closer to cruise Time I realized it would actually be Schwartz. I was dissapointed until that first announcement he ended with “I Love You”, which made me chuckle. Then throughout the cruise we actually looked forward to seeing him interact and perform. Hands down best cruise director ever!

We were just on Breeze with Schwartz for Valentine’s Day he was giving hugs. That just made me smile. He was very good and we totally enjoyed him

Sent from my iPhone using Forums