Who is your favorite cruise director past or present?

matymil

I don't really have a preference, but a man named George (pronounced Hor-hey) Something-or-Other, on the Triumph several years ago, was funny and funny in an original way. He is really the only one who has made an impression on me.

I'm sure that you are referring to Jorge Solano. Had him as CD on the Glory once. He is very personable and very funny. He shows up periodically in the comedy clubs onboard now. Watch for him there.

I'm sure that you are referring to Jorge Solano. Had him as CD on the Glory once. He is very personable and very funny. He shows up periodically in the comedy clubs onboard now. Watch for him there.
Yep, I think that is him. He is the only CD that has made me genuinely lol. He is a true comic, as opposed to someone just spouting lines. He was great with spur of the moment stuff.

1. Karl with a K. The week I sailed with him he was sick but every time you turned around there he was. He was great and energetic.

2. John Heald. Had him on the Dream, the first year Dream sailed. Just a funny guy and really was personable with everyone

3. Matt Mitchum. Just a fun CD.

I agree with you about Karl with a K. Those who got the opportunity to sail with him will tell you that he was unique. I don’t know how he was at every single event all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I must be one of those rare cruisers who doesn't pay attention to the CD or who he/she is. I do my thing, they do theirs. I just wish they would stay off the intercomm.

With that said, we had a guy that appeared to be real popular on a cruise. He wore a kilt.

Then we had a CD that looked just like Jim on American Pie. He danced funny on the atrium bar one night.

The rest are just background noise.

We loved Mike Pack!!!!! My next cruise has Lee Mason--- anyone ever heard of him? He looks young and new.

Lee is amazing. I had him on the Miracle last November. Loved Greg Kneale. From a long time ago and I think he was only the assistant cruise director Malcolm Kennedy.

Candi

Cory Rodgers was the best CD we've cruised with. Kevin (Elation??? or Ecstasy???) was the runner up.

Dr. E was great the first time we were on Magic. Got old after the second trip.

Absolute worst? Donkey. Should not have quit his day job (whatever that was!).

• 4 weeks later...

We have never had a cruise director who made substantial positive impact on a cruise until our Sensation cruise a week and a half ago. Kevin Donohue was fantastic. I would highly recommend taking a cruise that Kevin is a part of. We have sailed with Felipe twice, a few I can’t remember, and the worst of all time to us was Goose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have never had a cruise director who made substantial positive impact on a cruise until our Sensation cruise a week and a half ago. Kevin Donohue was fantastic. I would highly recommend taking a cruise that Kevin is a part of. We have sailed with Felipe twice, a few I can’t remember, and the worst of all time to us was Goose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol!! Goose ive never even heard of him. How long ago was that? He must have been pretty bad to never be brought up

I've been on 9 cruises and honestly none of them stand out to me. I hear the announcements but that's about it. Never had any issues with any either as they've all been fine. There was one that was Scottish? And one that was Australian?