Who is your favorite cruise director past or present?

matymil

47 cruises, most of them on Royal, (not all). I must say Matt onboard the Vista is the best by far. (although he didn't know that Miami port has global entry.

I would have to say over the years, Vance, Greg Kneale, Wee Jimmy and Josh (Big Sexy)very hard question as a Diamond Cruiser, we have had so many excellent Cruise Directors

Vance Palm? He was the CD on our first cruise, Festivale, in June 1992, for our honeymoon. Funny to see his name came up, we watched half of our honeymoon video last night and plan to watch the 2nd half tonight.

For us, it's Jen Baxter (who I think is on a ship that's in Australia right now), Matey (who was onboard the Triumph out of NOLA) and Steven Schwartz (who is going to be on the Breeze this summer when we sail). :-)

Except for one person, we've never had a cruise director we DIDN'T like.

Vance Palm? He was the CD on our first cruise, Festivale, in June 1992, for our honeymoon. Funny to see his name came up, we watched half of our honeymoon video last night and plan to watch the 2nd half tonight.

our 1st cruise was on the holiday in 1991, vance palm was our cd. as well. he loved cuban cigars!

Until I sailed with Matt it was Wee Jimmy bc he was so laid back. But Matt is the opposite and is def the best I've sailed with!

Same...Wee Jimmy was my favorite, until Matt. If you think he's high energy you need to go on a Cookie cruise lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

I am just off the Vista as of Sunday. Matt M is a great Cruise director. My wife and I both agree he is fantastic at his job, and seems to love every minute of it. He was everywhere. Even greeting people while at the tender port in Costa Maya taking pictures, just making sure people were enjoying themselves. It will be hard to find a better CD in my opinion.

• 5 months later...

Wee Jimmy was our first (2010) and I'll never forget him because he took the time to introduce himself to us at a little café in Cozumel. He was in plain clothes and on his time off, but, that really stood out to us.

Second most memorable would be Matt Mitchum. Kind of Will Smith and Dr. Who all in one. Really enjoyed his morning show as well.

My most recent favorite was Cookie. We really enjoyed his energy and passion.

We loved Cookie on our July trip on the Magic. My sister and I both thought he was kind of annoying the first day, but that may have been because we had a nightmare plane trip getting to the port and hadn’t slept in over 24 hours. We both loved him and thought he was one of the best by the end of the cruise.