Live from Regal Princess 9/23/17

cruiserking

If you get a chance can you tell us who the party band is and the B band. We are on the 26 Oct cruise.

We also are big fans of M107/M108. We have 35 days booked in those cabins this season on the Royal and 44 next season. We had M107 booked for the 26 Oct cruse on the Regal but backed out to save some money and went to L101/102 which we consider the best value on the ship.

Have a great cruise.

Todd

I just watched your sailaway Jonathon and you had great weather for it! Thanks for the smoking tip on deck 17 aft. I am in an aft cabin in 3 weeks from today and will be popping up for a Guinness and a puff.

Have great cruise!

Best wishes,

Norris

Yes!!!! I'm always looking forward to your cruises as I know we will get some fantastic reviews!

OP, your live from is great, thank you!

If you get a chance can you tell us who the party band is and the B band. We are on the 26 Oct cruise.

We also are big fans of M107/M108. We have 35 days booked in those cabins this season on the Royal and 44 next season. We had M107 booked for the 26 Oct cruse on the Regal but backed out to save some money and went to L101/102 which we consider the best value on the ship.

Have a great cruise.

Todd

Woo Hoo ! Don't forget your Halloween costume!! :evilsmile:

I see you met Martyn Moss.. He got engaged last November on the ship and moved swiftly... Married and has a little girl.. wife is from Ukraine.. Played the violin..Fun evening for all as we were on the ship when he got down on one knee[emoji177]❤️[emoji483]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have you noticed who is playing at the piano bar :)

Liam Stewart is the pianist, tonight he's playing Elton John music with the Regal Orchestra. Other music includes the Randy Heddon Quartet, Guitar with Phillippa Cookman. Xcite is the DJ and I believe Alpha is the house band.

Jonathan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

cruiserking

Thank you for your Live posting. If you get a chance, could you check to see if Zivka is in the Wheelhouse. Thanks.

KreinKrunker,

Zivka, I'm told is now in the International Cafe, according to the waitress at Churchill's I just spoke with.

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan! I hope you had a perfect cannoli in Boston yesterday, and are looking forward to Bar Harbor today.[emoji886]

I have a question about sailaway from Brooklyn. Which side of the ship do I need to be on for views of the Statue of Liberty and the Manhattan skyline? I saw some pictures the other day that made me think both sides had an opportunity to see those views, but I don't think that's correct. Since I couldn't convince my husband to go aft for this trip, I need to plan ahead!

Thanks!

Hi Jonathan! I hope you had a perfect cannoli in Boston yesterday, and are looking forward to Bar Harbor today.[emoji886]

I have a question about sailaway from Brooklyn. Which side of the ship do I need to be on for views of the Statue of Liberty and the Manhattan skyline? I saw some pictures the other day that made me think both sides had an opportunity to see those views, but I don't think that's correct. Since I couldn't convince my husband to go aft for this trip, I need to plan ahead!

Thanks!

Hi Cindy,

We had a great day in Boston, the canolis were suberp as usual, thank you.

To see the Statue of Liberty you'll want to be a cabin on the starboard side of the ship.

You will also have a great view of lower Manhattan from the starboard side while you are at port prior to departure.

Once you sail away, you leave Manhattan behind you and will pass, Staten Island, Coney Island and New Jersey.

We had a terrific view of Lady Liberty as we cruised from the harbor a few days ago.

Jonathan

Hi Cindy,

To see the Statue of Liberty you'll want to be a cabin on the starboard side of the ship.

You will also have a great view of lower Manhattan from the starboard side while you are at port prior to departure.

Jonathan

Thank you! That's exactly what I needed to know!

Only one person in our group has a cabin on the starboard side, so I guess I better look at the deck plans and choose my viewing/photography strategy.[emoji846] We will probably want to be out on a public deck anyway. Two people in our group have never cruised before, and they will want to be out taking it all in!

Thank you! That's exactly what I needed to know!

Only one person in our group has a cabin on the starboard side, so I guess I better look at the deck plans and choose my viewing/photography strategy.[emoji846] We will probably want to be out on a public deck anyway. Two people in our group have never cruised before, and they will want to be out taking it all in!

A great viewing place on the Regal is the Horizon Terrace aft outside behind the buffet. Views from either side, bar service and a lot of seating.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry, but I've never had a cannolis on a Princess ship that's acceptable. :(

If anyone thinks that Princess makes them great they should try one made elsewhere for comparison.

Even our local supermarket (Publix) puts theirs to shame.

We did not have canolis on the ship. We enjoyed them at Modern Pastry in Boston's North End, about a 10 minute cab ride from the cruise pier.

Jonathan

A great viewing place on the Regal is the Horizon Terrace aft outside behind the buffet. Views from either side, bar service and a lot of seating.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great! That was my thought when I looked at the deck plans.[emoji16]

Boston Ma.

Monday September 25

Regal backed into the Boston cruise pier at around 10:45 am. We were joined in port by the Carnival Sunshine which had arrived before us.

The day was hazy and warm as we set off for the gangway on deck 6. Princess offers a shuttle from the pier to Quincy Market for $15.95 round trip per person. We opted for a cab instead.

The Boston Harbor Authority has a taxi line set up just to the right of the terminal exit. The traffic was a bit fierce but, within 15 minutes we reached our first stop at the Boston Aquarium.

Tickets here were $32 per adult. This is a terrific venue highlighted by a massive central tank with a walkway spiralling around it corkscrew style to the top. It’s very much like the Guggenheim Museum in New York, with fish instead of art.

As soon as you walk in you’re greeted by a cluster of concrete squares filled with statue still penguins. These comical birds stood preening their feathered tuxedos while a constant stream of water spritzed their tiny, plump bodies. The array of tropical fish swimming within the tank is really breathtaking. Stingrays glide by, a giant eel slithered from the man made coral reef. Box fish, hammerhead shark and hundreds colorful fish from every color of the rainbow.

The mayor of the aquarium is undoubtedly the giant sea turtle Myrtle who constantly floats by. She seems to understand that visitors are eager to take selfies with her as she hovers and drifts by each tank window.

There are also seals and dozens of smaller tanks with a variety of fish plus some tiny painted frogs, an octopus and a small toucan.

A 10-minute stroll took us to the North End where we enjoyed a delicious Italian lunch at Florentine on Hanover street. My pepperoni pizza for one was flavorful and delicious. My wife Elene raved about the sausage and vegetable panini. They refill your soda once including a glass of wine this charming local restaurant only set us back slightly over $40 with tip.

We somehow found room for canolis and coffee at our favorite bakery in Boston, Modern Pastry. The canolis here are all freshly hand piped to order. The shell is crispy the interior filling is sweet, rich and luxurious. Do not miss Modern Pastry.

Back on our balcony we waved at the Carnival passengers as the Sunshine backed away from the pier. One of my favorite cruise moments followed. Three short blasts from the Sunshine were replied by two deep belts of the Love Boat theme from the Regal horn. The Carnival faithful roared their approval as their ship eased into the harbor her white hull bathed in the warm glow of late afternoon Boston Sunshine.

Jonathan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Forums mobile app

Merci Jonathan for your great review!

Wondering about your emplacement in the boat... do you feel a lots of motion?

Thank you

Martine

Enchante, Martine. We have experienced a very smooth transit so far. At night there is a very slight rumbling sensation, but, I find it rather nice, like being rocked gently to sleep. M107 is a spectacular cabin, our favorite of all the ships we have cruised.

Jonathan