Live from Regal Princess 9/23/17

cruiserking

Hi Melissa,

I lived in Boston Jonathan is giving you great advice. Uber is probably the cheaper then a Taxi. It’s about a

15 to 20 minute ride. I used to live five minutes from Paul Revere’s house in the Italian section of the North End. If you like good Italian pastry go to Modern pastry on Hanover Street. Most tourist will be at Mike’s. IMO it’s not as good. I have 60 years of experience eating Italian pastry :D :D.

Tony

Hi Tony,

My mother grew up in the North End too. Right across from the Regina. My favorite feasts were St. Rocco's and St. Anthony's, and St. Lucy's. :)

You are so right, Modern Pastry is the place to go!

Maybe I’ll bring my Longhorn sweatshirt, Melissa! I wore it in Wales and got the funniest looks. Nice to see some fellow Texans will be on board[emoji869]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Love it TravelingTexasGal!!! 🤘🏻

Saturday September 23

Brooklyn, NY

20170923_103005_zpsinuwcusg.jpg

Couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day to board the stunning Regal Princess

First Ones at the Concerto for Lunch

20170923_120400_zps1ynrczgd.jpg

A Peaceful Retreat from the hectic Horizon Court

20170923_120419_zps0uuwmpxq.jpg

Antipasto Salami and Roasted Vegetables

20170923_121656_zpss5ow4bjr.jpg

Delicious way to start a Cruise!

Nice Selection for Embark Lunch

20170923_124252_zps0ch4lchg.jpg

At Concerto Dining Room Deck 6 Mid Ship

20170923_124252_zps0ch4lchg.jpg

Jonathan

Blockbuster View of the Big Apple from balcony of M107

20170923_132808_zpscqrh1mss.jpg

We Sailed Quite Close

20170923_132816_zpsvfrrqb0f.jpg

Past Lady Liberty at Sail Away

M107 Bedroom

20170923_133238_zpsbnsh2g1w.jpg

Picture doesn't do it justice. It's a nice sized bedroom with a separate living, very spacious cabin.

All Fueled Ready to Cruise

20170923_132932_zpsgchunr82.jpg

Nice Chaise Lounges

20170923_132858_zpsrhajncgy.jpg

On Club Class Balcony

Quick Poolside Cocktail

20170923_140809_zpszrtgdojl.jpg

Jonathan

Jonathan, I had no idea you were doing a live from the Regal. It gives me another chance to thank you for organizing that wonderful balcony sail away and slot pull. We had a great time and are going to do it again some day. Also,thanks for the advice,(Carmel). Worked out great! Your pictures are torture. I can't get myself to look at mine yet. Too soon. Still in the FOG. You know, the was it a dream fog. Thanks!

It's good to see the old embarkation lunch menu. On the Caribbean Princess in August they served a very pared-down version without many choices.

Old or new? I thought there was supposed to be salmon or steak choices. I recently saw a picture posted on a thread, but forget the date. Never been to MDR on embarkation. Prefer to be outside in the Florida weather after escaping cold weather in the north.

If all on offer is a burger or pasta, I don't see the point. Early boarders won't run into lines at Horizon and Regal has a great buffet. Plus Alfredo's (okay that isn't outside exactly).

A Whimsical Ambience

20170927_094954_zpskm4carjc.jpg

But, the Gelato is Bland

Vines Wine Bar - Deck 5

20170927_093741_zpsfk62ohkt.jpg

Comfortable chairs Great spot to Relax and Read

Or observe Low Tide

20170927_093753_zpsqosw2fas.jpg

In Saint John, NB

Another Vines View

20170927_093731_zpsfzhfu13g.jpg

Tucked away from the Piazza

Even if you don't drink Wine

20170927_093644_zpsecp0xofc.jpg

Vines is a great spot to Venture

Jonathan

Old or new? I thought there was supposed to be salmon or steak choices. I recently saw a picture posted on a thread, but forget the date. Never been to MDR on embarkation. Prefer to be outside in the Florida weather after escaping cold weather in the north.

If all on offer is a burger or pasta, I don't see the point. Early boarders won't run into lines at Horizon and Regal has a great buffet. Plus Alfredo's (okay that isn't outside exactly).

We went to the Horizon Court last year on Regal and found it was a tight fit with luggage. The tables are quite close together.

The Concerto Dining Room is so peaceful, inviting and calm it's an easy trade off for the Lido. There were only about two couples in the whole restaurant at the time it was fantastic.

What a terrific way to start a cruise with excellent service in a beautiful restaurant. We'll sign up for that every cruise.

Jonathan

Thank you again for taking the time....:D

Cant wait to see more pics.

My pleasure, it's fun to re-live the cruise all over again!:D

Thank you Jonathan!;)

I'm glad you're enjoying the pictures Frenchymp

Thank you for sharing your cruise with us! Wonderful pictures!

Thanks you. I appreciate it Mthomp5. ;)

Thanks for doing this. We'll be onboard in a couple of weeks so this is a great preview!

You're in for a treat Suite Traveler. On the second night of the cruise my wife said, "This is in the top 3 of all of the cruises we've taken". It was. You will love this ship, can't wait to cruise Regal again soon.

Jonathan

Jonathan, I had no idea you were doing a live from the Regal. It gives me another chance to thank you for organizing that wonderful balcony sail away and slot pull. We had a great time and are going to do it again some day. Also,thanks for the advice,(Carmel). Worked out great! Your pictures are torture. I can't get myself to look at mine yet. Too soon. Still in the FOG. You know, the was it a dream fog. Thanks!

Hi Phil,

It was great meeting you at the Sail Away and the Slot Pull too. We had such a fabulous time.

We're in the same fog too, still dreaming about those wonderful meals, tasty cocktails and fun port side adventures.

Hope you'll post some of your pictures too and stay in cruise mode a bit longer.

Yes, let's have another Sail Away and Slot Pull again soon, next time we'll hit the Jackpot. :cool:;p

Jonathan

I think only half the menu was shown. There were two pictures of the same thing. The other half should have listed the main dishes. If there were no main dishes then that would be VERY disappointing.

I think only half the menu was shown. There were two pictures of the same thing. The other half should have listed the main dishes. If there were no main dishes then that would be VERY disappointing.

My bad. Here are the Main Courses from the Embark Menu at Concerto.

The fellow next to us ordered the salmon and it looked delicious.

20170923_124227_zpsa8lyq13j.jpg

Jonathan