Live from Regal Princess 9/23/17

cruiserking

Great pics thank you Cruiser king - Jonathon. All looks wonderful on Regal. We are on Royal Princess next June, so we hope it all as it looks on Regal.:p

PS..we were on last cruise of old Regal, September 2007, LA to Sydney, before transfer to P&O Australia - Pacific Dawn. now operates from Brisbane, mainly doing the Pacific Islands.

Thank You NWSP, will have some more posted later tonight. Thanks for following along.

Jonathan

Thanks, Jonathan. Does it cost anything to join the no ad program? One or two ads wouldn't be so bad, but I just counted six on one photo and yes, a viewer, can click them off, one-by-one, but who wants to have to do that? Are there any photo-sharing sites that don't have ads, such as Flickr? One of our friends inserts some of her photos directly in her daily emails when they're on a cruise and uploads the rest on photos.google.com.

Hi Barb,

It's only $2.49 a month for no ads on Photobucket. I had used flickr but, had issues signing in. Will look into the Google site you mentioned. Thanks.

Jonathan

Thanks so much for putting this together. Like a few others, I'll be on the 10/14 sailing too....can't wait! :)

Indeed, thanks Jonathan for including so many great photos. I'm one of the "few others" who will be boarding on the 14th October and am salivating at the prospect, thanks to your timely Live review.

I'll be writing a lengthy review after I get home on the 23rd.

You didn't need any special visa to enter the Canadian ports, did you? I have a British passport.

Cheers!

Norris

Indeed, thanks Jonathan for including so many great photos. I'm one of the "few others" who will be boarding on the 14th October and am salivating at the prospect, thanks to your timely Live review.

You didn't need any special visa to enter the Canadian ports, did you? I have a British passport.

Cheers!

Norris

Thank You Norris. Wow, everyone and his brother is on that October 14 cruise.

From what I understand U.K passengers entering Canada by land or sea do not need visas. There is a CC discussion here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2299061

Have a wonderful cruise on Regal!

Jonathan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

Cheers!

Norris

Norris, a Chicago area resident but vis a vis a British passport my good man?

BTW, love pushing back a couple with the Brits:beer-toast:. See you in just 9 days, first Guinness is on my tab.

Cruiserking, I would love to look at your photos, but am besieged by ads on each page showing a photo. As others have not mentioned this, am I missing something re using the Photobucket site, where you post your photos? Thanks!

Barb

I might be missing something here Barb, but I just looked at the photos here with all the posts. The photos appear perfectly for me (no adds) with each post. I didn't use Photobucket, whatever that is.

From what I understand U.K passengers entering Canada by land or sea do not need visas. There is a CC discussion here:

Have a wonderful cruise on Regal!

Jonathan

It’s completely sold out....must be peak leafing season. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cheers!

Norris

I’m loving this review and looking forward to yours,Norris.

Mark

Have a wonderful cruise on Regal! (end quote)

Jonathan, thanks for taking the time to give me that link re the visa question.

Yes a lot of the people responding to your review are sailing on October 14th and your review couldn't have been better timed to get their attention. We picked the date thinking it would give us a better chance of seeing some peak fall foliage. We usually drive to Northern Michigan or even up into Ontario to bask in the colors but we needed a second cruise this year as it's (now) already 9 long months since we were last on a ship. So we are hoping to kill two birds with one stone and thanks to your review we are itching to drop the mooring lines and sail out of New York.

For those on the sailing here is my Weather Channel phone app's prediction of what we may find....

New York Oct 14 68F Mostly sunny

Newport RI Oct 15 64F Sunny

Boston MA Oct 16 65F partly cloudy

Bar Harbor ME Oct 17 61F chance of rain 40%

St John NB Oct 18 56F partly cloudy, no rain

Halifax NS Oct 19 58F cloudy, no rain

The Roll Call for Oct 14 has been active but, as the Meet and Greet is happening during sailaway when I will be beavering away on our aft balcony taking photos of the skyline etc, I'm unable to attend. So I'll wish everyone involved "Bon Voyage" right now!

Cheers Jonathan!

Norris

The North End of Boston has the best Cannolis outside of Italy. This the place to go

20170925_152743_zpsuwgeewrk.jpg

Freshly Piped and Delicious - 257 Hanover St

20170925_154133_zpsk9kaq4ia.jpg

Carnival Sunshine is our Boston Berth Mate

20170925_162826_zpsnetbc8es.jpg

Sunshine Sets Sail ahead of Regal

20170925_171928_zpsdwvtkmat.jpg

Both Ships trade horn blasts

20170925_172544_zpsewj5wugr.jpg

Jet plane gets bird's eye view of the Fun Ship

20170925_172845_zpsid3adnnc.jpg

Jonathan

Have a wonderful cruise on Regal! (end quote)

Jonathan, thanks for taking the time to give me that link re the visa question.

Yes a lot of the people responding to your review are sailing on October 14th and your review couldn't have been better timed to get their attention. We picked the date thinking it would give us a better chance of seeing some peak fall foliage. We usually drive to Northern Michigan or even up into Ontario to bask in the colors but we needed a second cruise this year as it's (now) already 9 long months since we were last on a ship. So we are hoping to kill two birds with one stone and thanks to your review we are itching to drop the mooring lines and sail out of New York.

For those on the sailing here is my Weather Channel phone app's prediction of what we may find....

New York Oct 14 68F Mostly sunny

Newport RI Oct 15 64F Sunny

Boston MA Oct 16 65F partly cloudy

Bar Harbor ME Oct 17 61F chance of rain 40%

St John NB Oct 18 56F partly cloudy, no rain

Halifax NS Oct 19 58F cloudy, no rain

The Roll Call for Oct 14 has been active but, as the Meet and Greet is happening during sailaway when I will be beavering away on our aft balcony taking photos of the skyline etc, I'm unable to attend. So I'll wish everyone involved "Bon Voyage" right now!

Cheers Jonathan!

Norris

Hi Norris,

I've just discovered some of your epic cruise travelogues. I will look forward to perusing in the lead up to our next voyage in February.

Have a wonderful time on Regal, happy picture taking.

Jonathan

A quick comment to say great job on the travelogue, awesome pictures. I was on the Regal for a TA plus Baltic last year, heading out soon to board the Royal. I wasn't sure I would like this class, but I do.

I'm going to book the Royal cruise for next year while onboard. Being a 4 season type, I love Canada and New England cruises.

A quick comment to say great job on the travelogue, awesome pictures. I was on the Regal for a TA plus Baltic last year, heading out soon to board the Royal. I wasn't sure I would like this class, but I do.

I'm going to book the Royal cruise for next year while onboard. Being a 4 season type, I love Canada and New England cruises.

Thank You Susancruzs. We love the Royal Class too, it's the only class of Princess we've cruised.

Would love to do the Regal transatlantic from Copenhagen to New York or the British Isles on Royal. The longer the better on these beautiful ships. ;)

Jonathan

Hi Norris,

I've just discovered some of your epic cruise travelogues. I will look forward to perusing in the lead up to our next voyage in February. Have a wonderful time on Regal, happy picture taking.

Jonathan

Thanks, Jonathon, for the good wishes!

The " Epic Travelogues" feature some non-Royal class ships in the Princess fleet as this will be my first experience of the Royal class, which includes Regal of course. There are also a couple of Celebrity S Class reviews and my enthusiasm for that class of ships is as high as it can get.

I have been critical of the Royal class design so there may be some "fire and fury" in my review as well as my usual unicorns and rainbows.

I am taking 6 cameras on the Regal which is 4 more than I took on my first Princess cruise....so I'll be snap-happy!

cheers!

Norris

Thanks, Jonathon, for the good wishes!

The " Epic Travelogues" feature some non-Royal class ships in the Princess fleet as this will be my first experience of the Royal class, which includes Regal of course. There are also a couple of Celebrity S Class reviews and my enthusiasm for that class of ships is as high as it can get.

I have been critical of the Royal class design so there may be some "fire and fury" in my review as well as my usual unicorns and rainbows.

I am taking 6 cameras on the Regal which is 4 more than I took on my first Princess cruise....so I'll be snap-happy!

cheers!

Norris

Well Norris, I will eagerly look forward to your Regal review. We love the ship and route and have sailed it many times.

It will be a pleasure to sail vicariously through your photographs before our next run on Regal.

Jonathan

I might be missing something here Barb, but I just looked at the photos here with all the posts. The photos appear perfectly for me (no adds) with each post. I didn't use Photobucket, whatever that is.

All I see is a link to each photo, such as http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/y...psuwgeewrk.jpg. So it's frustrating to click on the link to look at a photo and have 6 pop-up ads, including one right on top of the photo itself. As you can see, the website he's using is photobucket.com as shown in the link above. From what I understand, there are no pop-up ads if you're a fellow subscriber to photobucket.

I thought it was possible to insert a photo into a CC post. That's what one of our friends does on all her many cruises--she inserts some in emails and then gives a link to the rest, which all reside on photos.google.com. What Norris has been doing is inserting a link to each photo on a site outside CC.

I love to look at other CC members' photos so this has been a frustrating experience. Perhaps CC could help advise people on how best to share their cruise photos. I tried to insert one of my own photos [residing on google], but all it shows is the link, which works, not the photo itself.

AF1QipNLwMO99f-CU2kxEpOxlQZkz4JmsiddA2aPiqHi

Edited by BarbinMich

All I see is a link to each photo, such as http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/y...psuwgeewrk.jpg. So it's frustrating to click on the link to look at a photo and have 6 pop-up ads, including one right on top of the photo itself. As you can see, the website he's using is photobucket.com as shown in the link above. From what I understand, there are no pop-up ads if you're a fellow subscriber to photobucket.

I thought it was possible to insert a photo into a CC post. That's what one of our friends does on all her many cruises--she inserts some in emails and then gives a link to the rest, which all reside on photos.google.com. What Norris has been doing is inserting a link to each photo on a site outside CC.

I love to look at other CC members' photos so this has been a frustrating experience. Perhaps CC could help advise people on how best to share their cruise photos. I tried to insert one of my own photos [residing on google], but all it shows is the link, which works, not the photo itself.

AF1QipNLwMO99f-CU2kxEpOxlQZkz4JmsiddA2aPiqHi

Thanks for your explanation Barb. However I am seeing his photos perfectly in each post, no links required and just a little bit of Jonathon's text above each photo. There are no links appearing in his posts in relation to the photos he has uploaded.

Have you tried another browser? I'm using IE at the moment for this site and as I said his photos are there straight up with each post.