Muse Maiden From Montreal - Sept 28-Oct 12 - Montreal to FLL

Master Echo

Well supposedly it's going to happen tomorrow, after Manfredi and his friends have left. He has 150 people in Atlantide this evening, some charity event, and he himself will be eating in La Terrazza.

Spotted with Fernando this morning.

No wonder you had trouble getting into Atlantide!

Have now been to the Silver Note twice, the food is good, but miss the tapas style. We love the Razzle Dazzle duo and their style and choice of music. Last nights fail was the lack of bread on the table and a second request before we actually got some, about the time we finished our starters.

We did manage to get off the menu cheese instead of desert.

The waiters and waitresses new to SS definitely need some retraining in customer service though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Mr Silver,

Question regarding the hairdryers, perhaps a little mundane, I will need to bring mine if they are ineffective...do you and/or your wife have an opinion as to hairdryers?

Any other hints or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks much

I'm really not sure how not having to book solves anything..... other than a mad rush to get in early on a first come first served basis for a table.

I was thinking the same thing. There is still not enough capacity across the most popular restaurants to serve the number of passengers who would want to eat there and at a reasonable time. I can also envision a mad dash and lots of competition, and lots of bad feelings and frayed nerves. The "solution" may cause even more problems. I think a major overhaul is needed, not this easy fix.

Edited by Bon.Vivant

Mr Silver,

Question regarding the hairdryers, perhaps a little mundane, I will need to bring mine if they are ineffective...do you and/or your wife have an opinion as to hairdryers?

Thanks much

She says it's a good professional one, it's a Carbonic 1900 by Aliseo

Beautiful weather made our tour of the Big Apple by an NYC friend all the more enjoyable. He revealed places off the normal tourist routes and gave a personal insight into the City that Never Sleeps.

Back on board Barbara from the Monaco office, who Sir and Madame had met in Monaco at the Christening of the Muse in April, explained that media and travel agents had been entertained on board during the day. For the evening the ship has been given over to the Kennedy Foundation for a charity fund raising event for around 190 guests. Manfredi was sitting close by and pleasantries were exchanged. Unfortunately his commitments mean that he is only on for the day, but Rudi SS's Culinary Director will be onboard until FLL.

Manfredi confirmed the intention to update the Fleet to the Muse decor style.

Now off to the Peninsula Hotel with 150 Venetians for a cabaret dinner.

Kindest regards

Master Echo

Mr Silver,

Thanks much

They work fine for my long gray (thin) hair.

Last night's special event at the Peninsula Hotel proved to be rather shambolic because there were way too many people for the size of the venue.

Early arrivals naturally gravitated to the open air terrace on the 34th floor. From here, in the near foreground, stood the Trump Tower, with the now permanent fixture of barriers round the entrance, Even more entrancing was the view right along Fifth Avenue, with the lights twinkling brightly from the high vantage point.

Later arrivals appeared to be directed to a large enclosed lounge which worked well for them, when the food was served in this area. This proved to be a buffet and they had the advantage of chairs and tables.

By the time those in the terrace area were aware that food was being served, there was a long line in the narrow interlinking corridor, to collect a plate of food. This wait took in excess of ten minutes. Returning to the outdoor terrace, the only option was to perch plates and drink on the ledge. The upshot was about half those present here, decided it was just too much effort and opted out of "dinner" altogether. Some people said they would come back to the ship and find somewhere to to eat onboard.

At the noon announcement the Captain announced that the ship would not now call at Savannah, a great disappointment to most passengers. Seemingly precedence is given to cargo ships! I booked this cruise specifically for the calls at Charleston and Savannah. The former was cancelled several months ago, and now the latter. I will not be rebooking a sailing that includes these ports in case the same thing happens again. We are therefore going straight to Port Canaveral for a two day stay.

Kindest regards

From a Very Sad Master Echo

PS seating capacity expansion in Atlantide commenced this morning, so breakfast and lunch in Indochine for the next three days.

We opted to eat on board last evening since we were entertaining a guest and chose La Terrazza. I am so glad that I did not post earlier about my disappointment with the venue since last evening LT was as good or better than ever! Unfortunately, we could not be seated outside due to the wind, but we had a table with a great view. Our waiter was Repesh. Nicolas was the sommelier. Both went out of their way to provide excellent service and a great experience for our guest. The food was also superb! We are now happy campers despite the lack of carpeting and the elimination of table cloths for breakfast and lunch in LT.

Too bad about Savannah. I wish we could just float around for the sea day rather than be docked in Cape Canaveral, but we will make the best of it. I just hope the cargo ships that have taken precedence over us in Savannah are taking relief supplies to the areas hit so hard by the hurricanes!

Walked into Atlantide bar this afternoon and wall has gone. Photo to follow.

Venetian cocktails this evening, over 400 of the 495 guests on board qualify, way too many to present the 100 day qualifiers. Nice presentation to JB for reaching 1500 days. Total sailed days on board came to I think 265 years.

Definitely not impressed with missing Savannah and this after Charleston.

If these ports do not want us then they should be removed permanently from SS schedules.

Last night's special event at the Peninsula Hotel proved to be rather shambolic because there were way too many people for the size of the venue.

Early arrivals naturally gravitated to the open air terrace on the 34th floor. From here, in the near foreground, stood the Trump Tower, with the now permanent fixture of barriers round the entrance, Even more entrancing was the view right along Fifth Avenue, with the lights twinkling brightly from the high vantage point.

Later arrivals appeared to be directed to a large enclosed lounge which worked well for them, when the food was served in this area. This proved to be a buffet and they had the advantage of chairs and tables.

By the time those in the terrace area were aware that food was being served, there was a long line in the narrow interlinking corridor, to collect a plate of food. This wait took in excess of ten minutes. Returning to the outdoor terrace, the only option was to perch plates and drink on the ledge. The upshot was about half those present here, decided it was just too much effort and opted out of "dinner" altogether. Some people said they would come back to the ship and find somewhere to to eat onboard.

At the noon announcement the Captain announced that the ship would not now call at Savannah, a great disappointment to most passengers. Seemingly precedence is given to cargo ships! I booked this cruise specifically for the calls at Charleston and Savannah. The former was cancelled several months ago, and now the latter. I will not be rebooking a sailing that includes these ports in case the same thing happens again. We are therefore going straight to Port Canaveral for a two day stay.

Kindest regards

From a Very Sad Master Echo

PS seating capacity expansion in Atlantide commenced this morning, so breakfast and lunch in Indochine for the next three days.

Dear Master Echo

Thank you so much for the advice of missing the Southern US Ports, we had originally booked this Muse Cruise , then thought it would be a ' travel agent show off' so moved to the Wind similar itinerary next year, well sounds like we best get of that as well, as we like you wanted to see Charlestown and Savanna.

You are kind to post all information and it is truly appreciated.

That was lucky to have an display going on. Good result!

Any idea how long Atlantide is shut for? I assume its closed for Breakfast also? Lucky Manfredi's 150 guests have left I guess! Shame the bar has gone. I liked that one, though the smaller Indochine bar is nice too. (The cocktails in Indochine were the best choices for my taste!)

Has anyone been able to visit the bridge?

That was lucky to have an display going on. Good result!

Any idea how long Atlantide is shut for? I assume its closed for Breakfast also? Lucky Manfredi's 150 guests have left I guess! Shame the bar has gone. I liked that one, though the smaller Indochine bar is nice too. (The cocktails in Indochine were the best choices for my taste!)

Has anyone been able to visit the bridge?

It's only been shut for breakfast and lunch for a couple of days. Excellent meal there with a couple of the Voices this evening. There has been one Bridge visit so far with another scheduled for the last sea day.

Amazed that they can make big construction changes in Atlantide during the day, and still serve special dinners at night. What this says to me is that they have been listening...they'd have to be stone deaf not to hear all the fury...but I give them full credit for correcting their mistakes. Next, I hope they will make the Terrasse less of a hard edged cafeteria. Even at night, with lower lighting and tablecloths, this venue isn't warm and welcoming. This should be an easy fix...carpet, and color beyond grey and brown for starters. Ditto with the huge main bar...easy fixes....COLOR...in pillows, in flowers, maybe some decorative screens, more artwork chosen by a different Art Consultant!

It's just nice to know that that the Powers that Be are aware of problems and are working on making this beautiful ship more passenger friendly.