Muse Maiden From Montreal - Sept 28-Oct 12 - Montreal to FLL

Master Echo

Happy to hear Mrs. Silver and you are now on board. Thanks for sharing the Muse suite snap. Look forward to reading more about your Muse impressions from hardware to software. Hope y'all have a terrific voyage.

Muse Maiden from Montreal to FLL - Part 2

I am delighted that others onboard are sharing their thoughts and progress updates on this thread.

As already noted our berth in Montreal's "boondocks" caused some confusion to independents not using an SS transfer. What should have been a $10 cab ride for us, ended up at $30, and an unscheduled tour around most of the port area!

For the record Captain Zanello heads the team that includes Ken the HD who stood in at short notice and will be succeeded by Lester at the end of this cruise in FLL. Jimmy is the CD and Luke a former Voices of Silversea is filling the post of Assistant CD. Anne-Marie is the Executive Chef who did such a superb job from start up in April and excelled on the night of the ChrIstening.

As Silver Spectre has reported, all cabins are occupied, but with many singles, the passenger complement is 525 out of a maximum of 596. Around 100 have stayed on from the previous cruise.

Jimmy said that Trivia was exceptionally well attended during the TA with well over 100 and we wait to see what this afternoon brings. Time marches on - towards 4.45 pm and we dare not be late!! All for now

Kindest regards

Master Echo

MarineTraffic - such a useful app.

I always look at it on embarkation morning to see where my ship actually is, saves any confusion.

It's also useful on board when pulling into dock since many ports have more than one dock - I like to know if there's anything within walking distance or if I am condemned to a bus.

MarineTraffic - such a useful app.

I always look at it on embarkation morning to see where my ship actually is, saves any confusion.

It's also useful on board when pulling into dock since many ports have more than one dock - I like to know if there's anything within walking distance or if I am condemned to a bus.

Ah, you wait until you reach stalker status and receive daily updates of the whereabouts of the Cloud, Wind, Muse and Shadow! All must have information of course!

I always tend to look in advance to see "what's in port", which is good for being nosey, but also to know if you're sharing with monster ships which could play a part in the decision to book a tour or DIY. Funnily I don't always use the info from MT.... Back in June, I waited for the Wind to pass me on the Thames... and waited and waited. The Wind was still showing as being at Tower Bridge which couldn't possibly be correct.... except it was, as Wes can confirm! Navigational instrument problems ended up meaning a 10 hour or so delay due to Tidal issues. Sadly I missed that as it was then at about 6am or so at Dartford where I fly the drone from.

I've yet to have a pass by I've been aware of like SS just posted of the Whisper, but really hopeful to share a port one day.

Ken the HD who stood in at short notice and will be succeeded by Lester at the end of this cruise in FLL. Jimmy is the CD. Anne-Marie is the Executive Chef
Master Echo,

Do you know how much longer Anne-Marie and Jimmy will be on board? We've enjoyed Anne-Marie's cooking in the past and while never sailing with Jimmy before, imagine we would enjoy so from the posts of fellow cruisers here who have. Also, is Lester a new HD? I don't remember reading his name here before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Stumblefoot

Jimmy and Luke - the latter is the ADC, will be on unril January. They will be succeeded by Vicki and Sandra.

Anne Marie has only been back after vacation for three weeks and is looking very well and rested. I do not know how long her contract is, but will find out and let you know.

I first sailed with Lester in November 2012 on the Wind and again in February 2016 on the Shadow.

Kindest regards

Master Echo

We will be on the Dec 18th Holiday Cruise. Interested to know if tuxes and gowns are common on formal nights. We are extremely disappointed with no real dress code on Seabourn and miss the opportunity to dress formally. Hopefully Silversea passengers will be more like we were accustomed to prior to the move on the part of Seabourn to the mass market.

Muse Maiden from Montreal to FLL Sept 28 to Oct 12 Part 3

The parachutes that we thought we saw dropping onto the ship overnight during our two sea days, and which were ascribed to US Navy Seals practising a drill, proved to be an extra 23 passengers. Actually, as we have found previously, the passenger complement varies depending on to whom you pose the question. Never being satisified with the first answer, a recount has upped the passenger complement to 548.

A straw poll of two other couples plus Sir and Madame who ate in La Terrazza last night elicited the information that too many of the dishes served were regarded as unacceptable. This is a disappointing standard.

Trivia today had 13 teams, one less than yesterday, with numbers around 100. The size of Dolce Vita provides an ideal venue and I am pleased to say that the competition to date has not become over competitive, albeit closely fought. Jimmy has maintained the high standard which he sets himself.

During the first sea day quite a few people regarded the ship as cold, reflecting outside air temperatures in the mid 50's. Happily matters have warmed up internally today, thought not outside.

A short call at Halifax Nova Scotia beckons tomorrow - arrival noon.

More to follow

Kindest regards

Master Echo

Plus we have on board 404 crew. Poor standard continues in Atlantide this evening, great service but tough Argentine steak, served on the new extra cold platter, all heat gone in a couple of minutes. Bring back the porcelain plates please. Great Karaoke night in the Paranormal to round off a lovely day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I like the Muse! It's a beautiful ship. The brochure pictures don't do her justice. So far, both the food and especially the service have been very good. I am going to save up my impressions and write a real report when I get home. The only one hour of "free" internet makes me too nervous to write.

It has been terrific to put Cruise Critic names and actual people together. No disappointments....everyone I met at the Mix and Mingle have been terrific.

So wonderful to see Norman and Fernando...two of my most favorite SS people! And it has been both fun and enlightening to attend John Fleming's lectures.

Great weather in Halifax today...Portland tomorrow....and I know that there will be a lobster with my name on it!

Muse Maiden from Montreal Part 4

An excellent dinner in Indochine, of rock lobster and Malabar chicken had just the right amount of spice for our palates used to Indian food. The glitch was that the first dishes of chicken and fried noodles and vegetables arrived at the table cold and were therefore sent back for the items to be returned closer to their cooked temperature!

Next, a near cloudless day in Halifax awaited us when we woke this morning. Seven Seas Mariner tried to queue jump to effect an earlier arrival ahead of us but pulled back as we took precedence.

We were certainly blessed with calm warm and sunny conditions during this too short half day call and took a ship's excursion to Peggy's Cove.

Trivia beckons- without wishing to blow our trumpets our team comprising Well Seasoned, Embtsam and Cruisin Pashmina has not disgraced itself.

More to follow

Kindest regards

Master Echo

Heading towards Portland, Maine this morning, where we meet US Immigration and the ship gets US Customised for the first time. We hope they treat us gently.

Had a second try of Kaseki for lunch yesterday and ended up being the only guest to eat there, so service and attention was superb.

Tea in the Arts Cafe works ok, but only if less than 20 people decide to turn up. For the 2nd day out of 4 we did not get clotted cream with the scone. Another galley glitch.

Had an excellent dinner in the cafeteria ( La Terrazza) last night, but still cannot get a really hot plate.

Manfredi is apparently bringing 150 guests on board in New York, so we are waiting to hear how much of the ship will be left for us in the evening.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No, he is not our esteemed former literature professor at Princeton. He is a young, interesting travel destination lecturer.

Glad to hear the John Fleming on board is a great destination lecturer. But what an amazing series lectures that would be if John Fleming *63 were giving them especially on the medieval monastic tradition.