Continuing on from New York to Montreal on the Mariner!

SGolffan

We will be on the Mariner on Oct 4th from Montreal to NYC. This is our 3rd Regent cruise, but I don’t know what a Code Red is. Could someone please explain exactly what that means and how it limits your cruise? I read Travelcat’s post that it was a virus, not norovirus but what kind of flu? Thanks, any info will be helpful.

Holy Moly Andy! Our daughter and son in law live in Newport. That was a nice shot of their yacht club!! I can't see their boat but it's out there somewhere. I'll be missing you by a day. I leave for Newport in the am.....girls weekend!

Beautiful town! Kudos to your family. I imagine if possible they were hopefully out today as it was a beautiful sunny day! [emoji137][emoji12][emoji136]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will be on the Mariner on Oct 4th from Montreal to NYC. This is our 3rd Regent cruise, but I don’t know what a Code Red is. Could someone please explain exactly what that means and how it limits your cruise? I read Travelcat’s post that it was a virus, not norovirus but what kind of flu? Thanks, any info will be helpful.

We have traveled almost 200 days on Regent and this has been our first code red, yet actually second...since we have been on Mariner from San Francisco through New York up to Montreal.

From my "new" understanding sadly.. [emoji52] Once we boarded in San Fran they had an issue with flu. Per maritime law it needs to pass 48 hours and then you can let red code go. If you review the prior blog not by myself, check out the numbers as she explained more than I want too.

What changes on the ship (Pain for guests;

However, Regent does an amazing job to try too minimize the issues):

- Any buffet you cannot touch any plates nor tongs they serve you. Sounds very small and I appreciate what they are trying to diminish the spreading. No salt and pepper on the tables. You need to request from our server and they can only do it.

- All public bathroom doors are open and they have signs stating so.

- Viewing staff sanitizing everything,

BIG Yeah!

- No Menus, only paper menus.

Most of and not Regents fault, the last thing you want to think is having an outbreak.

Ready for code Red to be done!

Very glad the Code Red is gone. may it stay gone! Honestly though I think being served at buffets is the way to go. Oceania does that as a routine thing. You can always ask for more or less but you do not touch the serving spoons/forks. To me this is far more hygenic.

The photo of Concord brought back memories - I flew Concord twice - once Paris to NY. 3hrs 15 mins all in. So fast that the crew told us we could have EITHER dessert or cheese and not both. Not enough time! London to NY the crew managed to get all the courses served. It was a wonderful experience if very cramped. I am not a tall person (1m60) and I could barely stand upright in the loo. But the time it took was so short being cramped didn't matter. I wish it would come back.

Very glad the Code Red is gone. may it stay gone! Honestly though I think being served at buffets is the way to go. Oceania does that as a routine thing. You can always ask for more or less but you do not touch the serving spoons/forks. To me this is far more hygenic.

If the Riviera did not have at least twice as many Code Red situations as any Regent ship, I would reluctantly agree with you (as we intensely dislike being served by someone at the buffet - particularly when selecting salad items). However, the facts are the facts and Regent has less rather than more Code Red's than Oceania. I do think that it is a good idea to have a paper napkin in your hand to use on the utensils but I tend to forget to use them about half of the time.

Now, in terms of that sandwich, if it were offered on Regent, I would order it every day:D

How is the cruise progressing? Is the food in La Veranda or CR improving?