Lemon Drop and Espresso Martinis?

Cruiz'nBaers

DH and I love these drinks in the evening. Having sailed on HAL frequently, we know they are available in any bar and are covered by the Signature Beverage Card, similar to Celebrity's Classic Beverage Package. My question is, will they be available at most bars, and will they be covered by the Classic package? Or, are they only available at the Martini Bar. Thank you.

I am sure that they are only in the premium pack and most likely only at th martini bar.

I did a mixology class that was held in the World Class Bar. It was offered at 1/2 price towards the end of the cruise. It was a great deal at 1/2 price but would have been worth full price.

The BT made 4 drinks and were were able to write down the recipes. The drinks were espresso martini, Hemingway Daiquiri, Mojito, and grapefruit Cosmo The 4 drinks were full size. Needless to say if you drank all of them you wouldn’t be able to drive.

The espresso martini

1/4 oz simple syrup

1/2 oz Kahlua

1 oz espresso

1 1/2 oz vodka

Easy to make at home. He suggested if you don’t have a way to make espresso to purchase a few shots from a coffee shop.

Drink up 🍺🍻🍷🍸🍹

DH will be forever in your debt. We have everything we need to make Espresso martinis just as soon as I make a run to our local coffee shop. I forecast a lovely evening ahead.

You will need the premium package and at the martini bar only.

You could ask at other barks and they might be able to do it but I am not certain. Im referring to the espresso martini.

Lemon Drop can be had at any bar and depending on brand can be covered under classic

DH and I love these drinks in the evening. Having sailed on HAL frequently' date=' we know they are available in any bar and are covered by the Signature Beverage Card, similar to Celebrity's Classic Beverage Package. My question is, will they be available at most bars, and will they be covered by the Classic package? Or, are they only available at the Martini Bar. Thank you.[/quote']

They are made in lots of the bars, not just Martini Bar, Be sure and try the ones up in the Ocean View Cafe at the bar there. They were smaller but better than Martini Bar IMHO. Those 2 martinis are my favorite also. We played cards and drank Espresso Martinis every afternoon up in the Cafe.

We will be taking our first Celebrity cruise in April 2018. My favorite after dinner cocktail is a chocolate martini. I have this in lieu of eating dessert as I am a diabetic. I asked my physician if I could drink these and he said yes, just one, but not 10. If they do make these, does anyone have the recipe or know which liqueurs and liquor do they use and what kind of chocolate.

I am sure that they are only in the premium pack and most likely only at th martini bar.

I did a mixology class that was held in the World Class Bar. It was offered at 1/2 price towards the end of the cruise. It was a great deal at 1/2 price but would have been worth full price.

The BT made 4 drinks and were were able to write down the recipes. The drinks were espresso martini, Hemingway Daiquiri, Mojito, and grapefruit Cosmo The 4 drinks were full size. Needless to say if you drank all of them you wouldn’t be able to drive.

The espresso martini

1/4 oz simple syrup

1/2 oz Kahlua

1 oz espresso

1 1/2 oz vodka

Easy to make at home. He suggested if you don’t have a way to make espresso to purchase a few shots from a coffee shop.

Drink up 🍺🍻🍷🍸🍹

Hi,

Would you, please, share the Mojito recipe? Love those! Thanks!!

Sharon

They are made in lots of the bars, not just Martini Bar, Be sure and try the ones up in the Ocean View Cafe at the bar there. They were smaller but better than Martini Bar IMHO. Those 2 martinis are my favorite also. We played cards and drank Espresso Martinis every afternoon up in the Cafe.

Thanks, we will definitely go there.

Hi,

Would you, please, share the Mojito recipe? Love those! Thanks!!

Sharon

1 oz simple syrup

2 oz rum

1 oz fresh lime juice

8 mint leaves

1 to 2 oz club soda etc.

Muddle the mint leaves but not too much as you want the hint of mint and not being bitter. Basically like slapping them

Also suggested to squeeze the limes instead of muddling as you don’t want the bitterness from the peel.

Add mint leaf for garnish. Straw long enough to sip from while and getting your nose close to the rim to smell the garnish.

Mojito are easy to make and basically make to taste. More sweetener, less lime and etc. Also try honey, agave, maple syrup and etc for sweetners. Take a taste and adjust by addding more rum, mixer, or sweetener.

I experiment using different flavors of vodka like Limon, or flavored Vodkas.

Also try different flavored sparkling water such as Izzy lime, orange and etc.

Orange or citrus Mojito uses a little orange along with the lime.

Have fun experimenting and

Drink up 🍹🍻🍸🍷🍺

Drink up 🍹🍻🍸🍷🍺

I don’t know why I wrote vodka???? 😴

I meant rums. Limon is a lime infused rum.

Try it with 1/2 dark and 1/2 light rums or all light or all dark. Try using your favorite spiced rums or other flavored rums.

Drink up 🍹🍸🍷🍺🍻

1 oz simple syrup

2 oz rum

1 oz fresh lime juice

8 mint leaves

1 to 2 oz club soda etc.

Muddle the mint leaves but not too much as you want the hint of mint and not being bitter. Basically like slapping them

Also suggested to squeeze the limes instead of muddling as you don’t want the bitterness from the peel.

Add mint leaf for garnish. Straw long enough to sip from while and getting your nose close to the rim to smell the garnish.

Mojito are easy to make and basically make to taste. More sweetener, less lime and etc. Also try honey, agave, maple syrup and etc for sweetners. Take a taste and adjust by addding more rum, mixer, or sweetener.

Also try different flavored sparkling water such as Izzy lime, orange and etc.

Orange or citrus Mojito uses a little orange along with the lime.

Drink up 🍹🍻🍸🍷🍺

Thanks so much!!! 🍸🍷🍸🍷🍸🍷👍

Thanks so much!!! 🍸🍷🍸🍷🍸🍷👍

I also found using more mix like 4 to 6 oz is more refreshing for the Mojito. I just wrote the way that the BT made and served it. It is also in a tall glass filled with ice.

The main thing in any drink is how it taste to you. Not sweet enough add more sweetener. Too strong add more mix. Not strong enough add more alcohol. Make notes for future reference and adjust. I have a book with notes on my favorites along with what needs to be changed to “improve” it. Getting too old to remember everything

I find it enjoyable and fun to make drinks. Love having guests and making them drinks. They all claim that I am the best. I think it is because I use good premium alcohol but mostly because they drink for free. I load up with booze when in Nevada, FL at Costco, and I the duty free shops. I don’t even get a tip except for maybe a kiss from my wife. 😍😜

One fallacy is not using good stuff for mixed drinks. It all depends on the taste you are after. Some drinks taste better with the cheap stuff such as a margarita. You need the bite and be able to tasted the tequila. Many other drinks take on the taste of what you are using. If you drink a lot or don’t drink a lot you can taste the difference between a great tasting drink or one that isn’t.

Drink up 🍺🍻🍹🍸🍷

I also found using more mix like 4 to 6 oz is more refreshing for the Mojito. I just wrote the way that the BT made and served it. It is also in a tall glass filled with ice.

The main thing in any drink is how it taste to you. Not sweet enough add more sweetener. Too strong add more mix. Not strong enough add more alcohol. Make notes for future reference and adjust. I have a book with notes on my favorites along with what needs to be changed to “improve” it. Getting too old to remember everything

I find it enjoyable and fun to make drinks. Love having guests and making them drinks. They all claim that I am the best. I think it is because I use good premium alcohol but mostly because they drink for free. I load up with booze when in Nevada, FL at Costco, and I the duty free shops. I don’t even get a tip except for maybe a kiss from my wife. 😍😜

One fallacy is not using good stuff for mixed drinks. It all depends on the taste you are after. Some drinks taste better with the cheap stuff such as a margarita. You need the bite and be able to tasted the tequila. Many other drinks take on the taste of what you are using. If you drink a lot or don’t drink a lot you can taste the difference between a great tasting drink or one that isn’t.

Drink up 🍺🍻🍹🍸🍷

I believe this. I have such a hard time ordering drinks at bars because we have mastered them at home. But i still enjoy the WCB and special bartenders we find onboard

I really got to like those espresso martinis....so (over a period of time) developed my own recipe for our large martini glasses (at home). Start by taking some cold Hershey's syrup and streaming some around the martini glass (this is where you can be an artist). Then, in a large cocktail shaker with a few ice cubes add about 3 ounces of vodka, 2 ounces of freshly made (and chilled) espresso, 1 1/2 ounces of Kahlua, and about 3/4 ounce of Creme de Cacao. Shake a few times and pour :). You can adjust the proportions to fit your glass....but we recommend filling the largest available martini glass. Some have told me that it works fine with powdered espresso.....but we are purists and happen to have a decent espresso machine.

I have experimented with a larger proportion of espresso, but the proportions above seem to be about right to get a perfect balance between the espresso and chocolate.

Hank

I believe this. I have such a hard time ordering drinks at bars because we have mastered them at home. But i still enjoy the WCB and special bartenders we find onboard

The BTs at the WCB always measure out the drinks but I have found that there is even a difference between who makes them. Those that put the extra passion and pride into making a drink tend to make drinks that are better than those that go thru the motion. I learned to never order a drink at the WCB when the break person is there.

As you wrote about the BTs there are some that make the drink the way you like it and it is best to seek them out.

A few years back I found two BTs that were fantastic on the Eclipse. I told the Bev manager about how great they were and he agreed that they were his best BTs and then said that they are also room mates. One left the cruise industry because he missed being home and the other became a manager.

Drink up 🥃🍷🍸🍹🍺🍻

I learned to never order a drink at the WCB when the break person is there.

As you wrote about the BTs there are some that make the drink the way you like it and it is best to seek them out.

Drink up

Yes, we always keep on walking if we don't see the main BT at WCB. You can tell who is truly a master in the art of craft cocktails and those that just go through the motions.

We tend to follow and get to know the 1 or 2 BT that make things just the way we like it. We leave good feedback in hopes that it will help them move up in the chain of command along with good tips at the end of the trip.

Salud!

DH and I love these drinks in the evening. Having sailed on HAL frequently' date=' we know they are available in any bar and are covered by the Signature Beverage Card, similar to Celebrity's Classic Beverage Package. My question is, will they be available at most bars, and will they be covered by the Classic package? Or, are they only available at the Martini Bar. Thank you.[/quote']

On Summit definitely at the Martini Bar and definitely on the Premium Package. You can get a smaller glass version of a Lemon Drop at other bars.