On Anthem now and love it so far.

JAMESCC

First time in Anthem and it's great. Ship is as we all know just enormous and I think nicely decorated. Check in at the port was fast and easy, 20 minutes or so I'd say and on the ship. Esplanade Vs Promenade, honestly I would say both are just about there same really. Not much difference really. Food I think is excellent but I'm not picky at all. That's my thoughts so far. Heading to Portland now.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Oh and we did Wonderland yesterday and that was a cool experience. The food your skeptical to try and then you do and it's awesome and fun. We really enjoyed that. 270 is simply one of the coolest rooms at sea. It's just so versatile and cool. Ate breakfast there twice so far. Nice and relaxing space, period.

Glad you are liking Anthem. Not a good day to be in Boston today though.

No, no it wasn't. We did the duck tour and it went smoothly. I was afraid it would be cancelled but made it through with no problems and it was fun. We wanted to do the Salem tour but sold out. We did that a few years ago and loved it.

First time in Anthem and it's great. Ship is as we all know just enormous and I think nicely decorated. Check in at the port was fast and easy, 20 minutes or so I'd say and on the ship. Esplanade Vs Promenade, honestly I would say both are just about there same really. Not much difference really. Food I think is excellent but I'm not picky at all. That's my thoughts so far. Heading to Portland now.

Favourite thing about Anthem vs other Royal cruises?

Favourite thing about Anthem vs other Royal cruises?

I would say my favor thing about anthem is that it's basically the same. I know what to expect and the design and passenger for if Royal ships is what separates them from the others. Without the promenade/esplanade you just don't have good passenger flow. There has to be a large area, a good starting point to venture out from and that's what the promenade/esplanade is and does.

I will say this about this specific ship is 270 is incredible. That is just an awesome, awesome room or part of the ship. I really, really like it.

No, no it wasn't. We did the duck tour and it went smoothly. I was afraid it would be cancelled but made it through with no problems and it was fun. We wanted to do the Salem tour but sold out. We did that a few years ago and loved it.

I wonder if that Salem tour even went today. Salem was one of the areas that had some flash flooding with all the rain overnight. I thought Salem and Lynn were the areas that got it worse.

Portland should be better tomorrow. The weather is saying high of 67 but not predicting rain, so that isn't bad.

Check out Holy Donuts on Exchange Street for an awesome potato donut! Have one for me too!

I wonder if that Salem tour even went today. Salem was one of the areas that had some flash flooding with all the rain overnight. I thought Salem and Lynn were the areas that got it worse.

Portland should be better tomorrow. The weather is saying high of 67 but not predicting rain, so that isn't bad.

Check out Holy Donuts on Exchange Street for an awesome potato donut! Have one for me too!

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that about the floods. We tried to book since the minute we boarded and couldn't at all. Literally the first thing we did was try and book that excursion and it wouldn't let us.

Did you try the Whoopie Pies at Two Fat Cats Bakery too? That is another favorite of ours.
Nope, do recall hearing or reading about it

We had booked online the Main Foodie Tour for Portland. During the last bit the weather became somewhat wet, windy, and cool. So browsed a few nearby shops and headed back to the ship.

Sent from a mobile device

Two things I'm not loving is the beds are pretty hard, not soft at all. We have a pretty big standard balcony on deck 12 and the beds aren't the most comfortable. The other thing is what's with the tiny baby pillows? They are small and are too soft so it's like your head is laying flat to the bed.

We are eating at Jamie's tonight and I've been looking forward to this for quite some time.

While not on a ship tour, we did go to Salem and didn't see any flooding. Had no problems at all.

Anthem of the Seas is also my favorite ship!!! After last May's cruise, we went ahead and booked it again for next year. I love that you don't have to go outside to eat in specialty restaurants. The colors and decor on the ship makes it feel like a hotel. The only negative was that we did not like our Junior Suite. The layout was very poor. Next year we will have a family Junior Suite. I think we will like it better!

Have a GREAT cruise!

Glad you're having a great cruise. We're considering an Anthem cruise next year. Could you confirm whether there's a mini golf course on board? There doesn't appear to be one looking at the deck plans but on the RCI website it specifically lists mini golf on the "things to do" section.

I've read numerous times about website problems, but it seems crazy if they're listing an option that doesn't actually exist!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you're having a great cruise. We're considering an Anthem cruise next year. Could you confirm whether there's a mini golf course on board? There doesn't appear to be one looking at the deck plans but on the RCI website it specifically lists mini golf on the "things to do" section.

I've read numerous times about website problems, but it seems crazy if they're listing an option that doesn't actually exist!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No mini golf.

They have bumper cars, trapeze and roller skating.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Glad you are having a great cruise. We were on the Anthem last holiday season and it was our favorite cruise.

If you have the ability to ask somoene onboard (dining staff / entertainment staff), would you be able to find out which bands will be aboard the ship in December for the holidays and if the dining menus are the same menus from last year?

Our only hesitation of booking the same cruise is experiencing the same everything. We know the shows will be the same but are wondering if some of the live music will be new and if some of the food options / menu selections will be updated?

Thank you. Hope you have a great rest of your cruise.