Higher Mariner levels

Ladies: always read the fine print and then try to remember it!

Another good reason to sail the Prinsendam.

Hope you both enjoy that extra dinner.

OMG Silver, I did know that but can't fathom how I will do 6 PG dinners plus those that HAL is currently giving to us on a 28 day cruise. LOL. :D Unless, I can treat ;). LOL. (Not allowed).

OMG Silver, I did know that but can't fathom how I will do 6 PG dinners plus those that HAL is currently giving to us on a 28 day cruise. LOL. :D Unless, I can treat ;). LOL. (Not allowed).

Oh, you can do it. Over 28 days it should be easy. You need to space these dinners. Plan it like a military campaign.:D

Wish HAL would do that on ALL ships.

We don't use the spa. But love the Pinnacle.

We can still get half price on dinner, no matter how many we had free. I never used the free dinner on Veendam tHE dinner we had which I had reserved ahead of boarding, was so bad we didn't return even for free

I just turned 4 star, which is great considering I have a 22 night cruise coming up. I can't wait to have free laundry-it's the one benefit I am really looking forward to! I am also looking forward to priority tendering and 50% off at the Pinnacle. I don't drink wine, so that doesn't help me. I don't know if I will ever make 5 star-I think I'd have to hit the lottery for that to happen. I have been so happy with Hal I haven't sailed with other cruise lines in a long time. I don't think I would sail with RC, or NCL again. I would sail with Celebrity again, and I would try Princess at some point, but now that I have extra benefits with HAL and my Carnival stock, it makes it hard to sail elsewhere, especially as a solo.

I just turned 4 star, which is great considering I have a 22 night cruise coming up. I can't wait to have free laundry-it's the one benefit I am really looking forward to! I am also looking forward to priority tendering and 50% off at the Pinnacle. I don't drink wine, so that doesn't help me. I don't know if I will ever make 5 star-I think I'd have to hit the lottery for that to happen. I have been so happy with Hal I haven't sailed with other cruise lines in a long time. I don't think I would sail with RC, or NCL again. I would sail with Celebrity again, and I would try Princess at some point, but now that I have extra benefits with HAL and my Carnival stock, it makes it hard to sail elsewhere, especially as a solo.

Congratulations! Enjoy this great itinerary and the 4 star laundry (YAY!). Remember the Explorations Cafe is 50% off and Caneletto and the Pinnacle lunch are well worth a trip.

We do not pay much attention to the levels on any of the cruise lines that we buy cruises on. It is about the last thing we consider. The benefits are nice but really they do not factor in our buy decision.

We believe that we get far better benefits in the form of OBC's and discounts from dealing with our online TA than we do from any cruise line loyalty program.

What we save by carefully selecting our cruises based on ship, itinerary, and price far outweigh any minor cruise line benefit that would accrue to us based on cruise line loyalty. Not saying we do not like some of them, just that they play no part in our buy decision.

We do not pay much attention to the levels on any of the cruise lines that we buy cruises on. It is about the last thing we consider. The benefits are nice but really they do not factor in our buy decision.

We believe that we get far better benefits in the form of OBC's and discounts from dealing with our online TA than we do from any cruise line loyalty program.

What we save by carefully selecting our cruises based on ship, itinerary, and price far outweigh any minor cruise line benefit that would accrue to us based on cruise line loyalty. Not saying we do not like some of them, just that they play no part in our buy decision.

We book pretty much the same way you do but we also like to have our cake and eat it too! Benefits are good when you get them and use them ;)

I agree with everyone about the complimentary laundry!

But we do like the 5 star rewards of the two complimentary Pinnacle dinners and one Cooking class, plus the Spa day and 50% off one internet package. Also, the 4 star rewards of 50% off wine packages and the Explorations Cafe.

This is just my opinion but I can't quite see why so many here "don't need more perks" beyond the laundry. There is so much to benefit from at both the 4 and 5 star levels.

A slight correction - you only get 50% off the 100 minute package - hardly a significant benefit for a 5 star IMO. I'm with the others - most of the other competitive cruise lines offer a full cruise complimentary internet package to their high level frequent cruisers. This is my #1 request!

With HAL's poor overall internet service, I don't see this as a very useful reward.

Neither do I. There are other things I would like better, but I do take whatever is offered knowing this is a bonus that HAL doesn't have to give at all. It was only a few years ago that the only thing you got from the cruise was a good time and interesting ports. Frankly, that was pretty good.

Neither do I. There are other things I would like better, but I do take whatever is offered knowing this is a bonus that HAL doesn't have to give at all. It was only a few years ago that the only thing you got from the cruise was a good time and interesting ports. Frankly, that was pretty good.

I agree, totally. We're pretty happy with the 5 star rewards.

The only thing I would like to see is for HAL to remain as a good value: over the past few years this has been slipping.

The only thing I would like to see is for HAL to remain as a good value: over the past few years this has been slipping.

Agreed. And to keep focus on what has made HAL, HAL. Focus on cruising in quiet elegance to interesting locales.

I view the cooking classes as of no value to me. Same for the spa day. Not 'my thing'.

We are on Rotterdam at the moment, and DH just bought a few minutes of internet time - and was given it at half price. And last cruise on Zaandam we each bought a package so we each got the discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk