Club Class Dining -Assigned Time?

turquoisesea

I am hoping someone will have an answer about CC dining that the Princess rep I just spoke to could not answer. We are in a CC minisuite on the Crown. When I made our reservation they asked what our dining choice was and I said six o'clock. We were on the Majestic in May and hated waiting for a table in the Anytime dining room. I called Princess to ask to change to CC dining and they said you have six o'clock at a table for six. I said that doesn't sound like the CC dining room and she could not tell me if it was. Can someone please explain to me how I make sure we have the CC dining, which I thought I read you could come anytime.

Club Class allows you to arrive at the designated dining room any time you want to, and there is not to be a wait for a table. We had Club Class this summer on a 10 night cruise to Alaska and we had the same two-top table and servers every night with no wait. We did not have to make reservations - we simply showed up.

Did you request a table for 6? Are there 6 in your party? Are they all in Club Class minis?

You will have anytime dining in the Club Class dining area. Show up any time you wish. If there are others in your party not in CC mini, they will not be able to dine with you.

You have two options when booked in a Club Class Mini or Suite.

Traditional dining or Club Class dining.

Traditional, you pick either one of 2 early times or 1 late time. You Cruise Personalizer will tell you which one you are confirmed or wait listed on. Since you have a Club Class Mini you can also choose Clubclass dining (it has no spacing on the personalizer). If you choose that you can dine whenever you want, no wait, because you have a Club Class cabin and you picked Club class dining.

So, it's up to you. We've booked one cruise in club class, but have not sailed yet. Originally we had traditional dining for that sailing, but we've switched over to Clubclass dining to check it out.

Enjoy your cruise! I won't be testing the process out until next year.

I am hoping someone will have an answer about CC dining that the Princess rep I just spoke to could not answer. We are in a CC minisuite on the Crown. When I made our reservation they asked what our dining choice was and I said six o'clock. We were on the Majestic in May and hated waiting for a table in the Anytime dining room. I called Princess to ask to change to CC dining and they said you have six o'clock at a table for six. I said that doesn't sound like the CC dining room and she could not tell me if it was. Can someone please explain to me how I make sure we have the CC dining, which I thought I read you could come anytime.

If you have 6:00 pm at at table for six, then you have traditional dining - not Club Class dining. Log on to your Cruise Personalizer. You will have two choices:

• One is traditional dining with a choice of three times.
  • The other one is either Club Class dining or anytime dining.Sometimes the Personalizer specifies Club Class dining and sometimes it doesn't. If it doesn't, then you should choose anytime dining if you want Club Class.

The only reasons to select traditional dining would be if you were traveling with people who were not in Club Class or if you wanted to be assigned to a table with other people. In Club Class, you can eat at the same time every night if you wish or you can change the times. You can have the same waiters and the same table if you prefer. Even if it isn't the same waiters every night, it will be waiters from the same small group, and you will get to know most of them - especially since you will be eating breakfast with them every day and lunch on sea days.

We came away from our first Club Class experience in May deciding it was the best of both worlds. We could choose to eat when we wanted and always had the same table and waiters. Booked Club Class again on our next Princess cruise.

I agree. DW and I have sailed with Club Class dining twice so far and enjoyed it both times. On our last cruise, we were with a party of eight (four brothers and their wives) in Club Class. We had the same table and same waiters every night (and sea day lunch too) with fantastic service, and we could go in to eat anytime we wanted. Since we were the only party of eight in Club Class on that cruise, they had only one table for eight and it was always waiting for us. It was definitely the best of both worlds.

If you are booked in a Club Class mini suite you automatically have Club Class Dining. You don't have to sign up for it. No need to do anything else. Just go to your cruise personlizer and select anytime dinging. With Club Class you can show up anytime you like and be seated. One point others have made. If you wish to dine with others that are not in a Club Class you must arrange to dine in other DR's.

Thank you everyone! You have confirmed what I thought. I will call Princess again and change our dining assignment. Hopefully, I will get a rep that knows what to do. :D

If the rep doesn't know what to do about Club Class, just change from Traditional Dining to Anytime Dining. As long as you are in a suite or Club Class mini-suite, Anytime Dining means Club Class.

Thank you everyone! You have confirmed what I thought. I will call Princess again and change our dining assignment. Hopefully, I will get a rep that knows what to do. :D

You don't have to call Princess, just log into the Cruise Personlizer. Select your cruise. On the first page it will either say Traditional Dining or Anytime Dining. If it says Traditional Dining then just click there and change it to Anytime Dining. Club Class Dining is a special Anytime Dining.

There is an upcharge for Club Class dining though, if I'm reading it correctly. You pay extra when you book your cruise and select a Club Class mini suite. I was a little disappointed in our last Princess cruise. If you aren't Club Class, you cannot make a reservation between the hours of 5:30 and 7. Therefore, it is not Anytime Dining. I don't necessarily want all the extras that go with the CC dining...special area in dining room, same waiters, table side preparation, etc. I just want to be able to make a reservation. I didn't think it said much for Princess's loyalty to their long-time cruisers not to be able to make a reservation.

There is an upcharge for Club Class dining though, if I'm reading it correctly. You pay extra when you book your cruise and select a Club Class mini suite. I was a little disappointed in our last Princess cruise. If you aren't Club Class, you cannot make a reservation between the hours of 5:30 and 7. Therefore, it is not Anytime Dining. I don't necessarily want all the extras that go with the CC dining...special area in dining room, same waiters, table side preparation, etc. I just want to be able to make a reservation. I didn't think it said much for Princess's loyalty to their long-time cruisers not to be able to make a reservation.

This policy has absolutely nothing to do with Club Class dining. Princess had been doing this on many ships before they had Club Class.

The Anytime dining room opens at 5:30 pm and then fills up. They cannot seat any more people until the first people leave (around 7:00 pm). They take reservations when the dining room opens. If they took a reservation for 6:30 pm, then they could not use that table from 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm, and that would delay other diners. In my opinion, this policy is better for most people. They fill the dining room when it opens, so people leave earlier making room for more people.

Princess added the second dining room with early traditional dining because that's when most people want to eat. The most efficient use of their dining rooms for most passengers is to fill up all three dining rooms when they open (the traditional dining room, the early traditional/late anytime dining room, and the anytime dining room). When the first diners (early traditional and early anytime) are finished, then they have two anytime dining rooms with little to no waiting. Reserving table half way through the early seating would just make more people wait.

Club Class is a very small section of the early traditional/late anytime dining room. The only impact of Club Class dining on other diners is that a few fewer people can reserve early traditional dining. Since most of the Club Class passengers would probably otherwise be eating early (either early traditional or early anytime), they aren't taking up much more space than they would have otherwise. Once the first group of diners is finished and the second dining room opens for anytime, there isn't a wait anyway.

If you want to call it an upcharge, perhaps, but it's not "optional" - you cannot get Club Class unless you're traveling in a suite or an M1 mini-suite, and you cannot pay a different fare if traveling in those cabins to "opt out" of Club Class.

I also think you're mixing apples and oranges: just because you couldn't make a reservation between 5:31 and 7:00 for Anytime Dining, doesn't mean that it's not "anytime". If you want to dine at peak time, go early, or eat later; there's no easy way around that. You and I both know that they simply do not have enough MDR capacity to serve an entire ship all at 6:00, and as far as I know, if they were to redesign their ships to have sufficient capacity (tables, servers, cooks, etc.) to do that, you won't like the fares they're charging. But it's simply ridiculous to think that a ship with 3000+ passengers will have so much dining capacity that you can simply walk in and sit down to eat at every single minute of the dinner service window.