Club class breakfast menu

Carla3

We were on the Royal recently, and the menu was the same except for a special entree each morning for club class. Plus, you can ask for things not on the menu, French toast for instance.

Breakfast at Sabitini has a different menu them CC or the MDR but club class and the main dining room are the same. I know that the first morning I have breakfast at the specialty (which was crown grill) on the Caribbean Princess there is no James Biard french toast. They have it for me on the second morning. 

On 10/6/2017 at 11:53 AM, rwmiller said:

As another data point regarding Club Class breakfast availability on disembarkation day. We sailed the Grand Princess 9/15 - 9/25/17 and the Club Class dining room was not open the last day. There was only one dining room open (not the Da Vinci). Since we had a suite, we were able to get room service since the Crown Grill suite breakfast is also not served on the last day.

Happy Sailing,

Bob

We were in a suite on Grand in April and CC breakfast WAS offered on the final morning, but not in the usual place.  It was at the aft dining room on deck 6.  Same CC service crew as the other days - but different dining room.

Interesting thread, and it appears there is some variance in CC operations.  Our experience (CC six or seven times over the last few years; five different ships) is that CC was always open for breakfast in its normal location on disembarkation day.

One thing I noticed on our last cruise (Golden/May), was that fresh squeezed juices, and specialty coffees, were finally included at breakfast.  I had written to Jan Swartz about how chinzy it was not to include those things for those willing to pay CC fares.  Not saying that letter caused the change, but it might have helped.  And I certainly agree that the attitudes (generally terrific) of the servers in either Sabatini's/Crown Grill or CC make a big difference in the breakfast experience.

Just to be clear, I think we're mixing a few different things here.

Club Class passengers (highest tier/tiers of minisuites and all tiers of suites) are eligible to eat in the Club Class space any time that the MDR is open for service. Embarkation lunch through disembarkation breakfast, with the exception of some lunches when the ship is in port. It's restricted to only those sailing in a CC-eligible cabin.

Full Suite passengers are eligible to eat breakfast in the special suite-only breakfast service, offered in one of the specialty restaurants. The menu is but a guideline, and generally if the ingredients are available on the ship, it can be done. General consensus to my knowledge is that it's never open on disembarkation morning, but will be open all other mornings of the cruise.

As an aside, it's my understanding that full suite passengers have their pick of dining arrangements, and are not required to choose Club Class or anytime dining. Should a full suite choose traditional dining, it's my understanding that their TD request is guaranteed to be approved, and that other passengers sailing with that cabin can link their reservation to the full suite booking and essentially "inherit" the guaranteed TD request. TD does still preclude passengers from going to ATD in theory though.

8 hours ago, peety3 said:

Club Class passengers (highest tier/tiers of minisuites and all tiers of suites) are eligible to eat in the Club Class space any time that the MDR is open for service. Embarkation lunch through disembarkation breakfast, with the exception of some lunches when the ship is in port. It's restricted to only those sailing in a CC-eligible cabin.

Full Suite passengers are eligible to eat breakfast in the special suite-only breakfast service, offered in one of the specialty restaurants. The menu is but a guideline, and generally if the ingredients are available on the ship, it can be done. General consensus to my knowledge is that it's never open on disembarkation morning, but will be open all other mornings of the cruise.

As an aside, it's my understanding that full suite passengers have their pick of dining arrangements, and are not required to choose Club Class or anytime dining. Should a full suite choose traditional dining, it's my understanding that their TD request is guaranteed to be approved, and that other passengers sailing with that cabin can link their reservation to the full suite booking and essentially "inherit" the guaranteed TD request. TD does still preclude passengers from going to ATD in theory though.

Terrific summary. 

🤙🏻

On 10/5/2017 at 4:56 PM, Coffeeluvr05 said:

Suite breakfast in Sabatini's provides complimentary lattes and cappuccinos, etc. CC breakfast does not offer complimentary lattes and cappuccinos if that is what you are asking.

We received complimentary lattes and cappuccinos in CC dining for breakfast on our last Princess cruise--February 2019, Sapphire Princess.  

On 5/20/2019 at 2:25 PM, peety3 said:

On the Emerald next Feb., we are in a full suite.  We also booked early seating in traditional dining requesting a table for 6.  Over dinner we prefer visiting with others.  Will we have the option of making a choice between the two after seeing how conducive the 2 tops is going to be to inter-table conversation?

6 minutes ago, royal65 said:

On the Emerald next Feb., we are in a full suite.  We also booked early seating in traditional dining requesting a table for 6.  Over dinner we prefer visiting with others.  Will we have the option of making a choice between the two after seeing how conducive the 2 tops is going to be to inter-table conversation?

As you are in a full suite, you can “mix and match” in any way you wish. This includes putting Club Class into the mix. 

On 10/6/2017 at 11:53 AM, rwmiller said:

As another data point regarding Club Class breakfast availability on disembarkation day. We sailed the Grand Princess 9/15 - 9/25/17 and the Club Class dining room was not open the last day. There was only one dining room open (not the Da Vinci). Since we had a suite, we were able to get room service since the Crown Grill suite breakfast is also not served on the last day.

Happy Sailing,

Bob

Still doing suite breakfast in the aft dining room on last day. 

SF breakfast.jpg

22 hours ago, masterty said:

Still doing suite breakfast in the aft dining room on last day. 

SF breakfast.jpg

Was this is a location different than the Club Class breakfast dining or where they served CC dinner?

Thanks

Edited by jagoffee

2 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Was this is a location different than the Club Class breakfast dining or where they served CC dinner?

Thanks

Different. The last breakfast will be in the traditional dining room (aft). CC is midship starboard section. 

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 5:58 PM, rwmiller said:

No I did not verify so there is a chance it may have been open. I assumed it would not be due to the entire dining room not being open. Once we lined up our room service, there was no need to go look.

Interesting that they would not have listed the opening in the Patter. Club Class hours were specifically included every day.

Bob

On one ship, the Club Class breakfast was in the same location even though the MDR breakfast was moved to 6 Aft. On another ship, they set up a Club Class breakfast in the same dining room as the MDR on 6 Aft. But I've always found it open.