May assigned GTY Stateroom be changed by RCCL?

I upgraded from a Balcony to a GTY-W Stateroom for my next cruise and was assigned Grand Suite #1536 within 3 hours :D. I am just wondering if it could happen that RCCL changes the assignment and downgrades me to JS before the cruise. We'll set sail in 1 month.Any information on that would be appreciated.

I upgraded from a Balcony to a GTY-W Stateroom for my next cruise and was assigned Grand Suite #1536 within 3 hours :D. I am just wondering if it could happen that RCCL changes the assignment and downgrades me to JS before the cruise. We'll set sail in 1 month.Any information on that would be appreciated.

I don't know what GTY-W category is, but chances are you won't be downgraded. You could phone Royal and verify the cabin number.....or go to your personalizer and see what cabin they have there. If it's all the same cabin everywhere, then I would think you'd stay put. I've never heard of Royal downgrading someone on their own. Nice upgrade that's for sure!

I don't know what GTY-W category is, but chances are you won't be downgraded. You could phone Royal and verify the cabin number.....or go to your personalizer and see what cabin they have there. If it's all the same cabin everywhere, then I would think you'd stay put. I've never heard of Royal downgrading someone on their own. Nice upgrade that's for sure!

GTY-W means "Suite Guarantee - JS or higher". I'm hesitating calling Royal because this could provoke an "oops, we've made a mistake and will now assign you a JS"- situation. Maybe I am just too careful ;).

It is not impossible, but it is exceedingly rare.

GTY-W means "Suite Guarantee - JS or higher". I'm hesitating calling Royal because this could provoke an "oops, we've made a mistake and will now assign you a JS"- situation. Maybe I am just too careful ;).
I doubt you would be downgraded but I would not call either

Sent from my BG2-W09 using Forums mobile app

It's not an opps. You got a great upgrade. Leave alone

Congratulations on the upgrade. I have never heard of RCI downgrading anyone once a stateroom was assigned. Enjoy the Grand Suite.

OP's original post stated sailing in 1 month...

The Set Sail pass should have the new cabin number on it already. That would be the best way to find out if it's a go! Same with the luggage tags....and the documents! Sure hope it works out for them.

I just checked online: All my Documents are issued and all are showing the same Suite #. Looks like I'm doing a 13-night TA in the Grand Suite. 😁

Sweet score!! Congratulations- you got what I'm hoping for with my booking. Wish me luck!

Do you get the grand suite perks as well with this? CL access, etc?

Sweet score!! Congratulations- you got what I'm hoping for with my booking. Wish me luck!

Good luck!!

I assume I'll get all the perks...

You get the perks associated with whatever stateroom is assigned.

Congrats!! :D

What ship and sail date?