Blessed by the upgrade fairy today!!

oliver1821

Aqua is still as awesome... it's been three years and we still love it ! Just ate at Blu. Loved it! Loving the new menu

What new menu?

I keep reading about one but whenever anyone posts it just looks like the old ones but in a different order.

Could someone direct me to actual new menu posts please.

EDIT: Found the new menu here:

https://goo.gl/photos/yJuL7hKtLRbYvCc26

I'm NOT at all happy!

I don't eat beef or chicken or seafood and it looks like most of the menus have almost nothing I can eat! :)

That "always available" salmon is going to get real old after a couple of days.

I just hope we have a really good Maitre D' who can come up with some imaginative fish dishes or it's good bye Celebrity for us.

Edited by chamima

What new menu?

I keep reading about one but whenever anyone posts it just looks like the old ones but in a different order.

I'm NOT at all happy!

I don't eat beef or chicken or seafood and it looks like most of the menus have almost nothing I can eat! :)

I just hope we have a really good Maitre D' who can come up with some imaginative fish dishes or it's good bye Celebrity for us.

Thanks so much for finding this link. It answers lots of question in addition to the Blu menus.

Did you book directly with Celebrity or was there a travel agent involved? Just curious if they offer upgrades to those booked with Celebrity first. And congrats on getting one. I'd be doing my happy dance for the entire cruise :D:D:D

Booked directly with Celebrity. I have been on many Celebrity cruises and this was my first upgrade offer, do not know how they determine who receives the emails to upgrade, however when I upgraded the person who upgraded us said we should always let him know when we book and he would make sure we would be the first to receive invites to upgrade in the future. :D

Technically an upgrade is for free, if you have to pay something they offer you an upsell.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Technically I did pay for something, less than the cost of the 12 day pass for Persian Gardens, upsell upgrade who cares, we still came out ahead.

What new menu?

I'm NOT at all happy!

I can almost survive on the appetizers in Blu. I'm a problem eater because my taste buds make most beef taste like liver (which I abhor), don't eat lamb or pork and nearly all fish stinks like fish. ;) However I could probably get by with a BLT every night if they only supplied tomatoes that actually taste like tomatoes. I do love junk food...

We were offered an upsell. Then when I checked the location of the room, it was under the gym. We stayed put. There had to be a reason for such a deal.

We booked directly with celebrity AQ GTY 2 months ago for sailing in January. We never received any information about our cabin number or location however looking in different websites there is plenty cabins available on AQ. Yes we travel a few times on celebrity

So we are kind confuse how this. GTY. Works. Any help ? Please

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We booked directly with celebrity AQ GTY 2 months ago for sailing in January. We never received any information about our cabin number or location however looking in different websites there is plenty cabins available on AQ. Yes we travel a few times on celebrity

So we are kind confuse how this. GTY. Works. Any help ? Please

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you booked a GTY, you can be given your cabin number anytime right up to boarding at the pier. Keep checking on your ‘My Celebrity’ account as the cabin number can appear at any time and you are not notified by email etc.

If you are allocated a cabin prior to sailing, and depending on which country you booked in, some are allowed to change their cabin to a more desirable location in the same category e.g. allocated an A2 under the gym and there is a vacant A2 far aft, then you can swap. However, this does depend on booking region, for instance if you booked in the UK, they do not allow any changes once you have been allocated a cabin - what you see is what you get. In the US, they are permitted to swap and change without penalty.

Booked directly with Celebrity. I have been on many Celebrity cruises and this was my first upgrade offer, do not know how they determine who receives the emails to upgrade, however when I upgraded the person who upgraded us said we should always let him know when we book and he would make sure we would be the first to receive invites to upgrade in the future. :D

Thanks for the info. We usually transfer our booking to a travel agent to get extra OBC. I kinda thought Celebrity offered upsells and upgrades first to those who are booked directly with them and none are left by the time they trickle down to those with a travel agent.

Have a great time on your cruise!

Thanks for the info. We usually transfer our booking to a travel agent to get extra OBC. I kinda thought Celebrity offered upsells and upgrades first to those who are booked directly with them and none are left by the time they trickle down to those with a travel agent.

Have a great time on your cruise!

Thank you Bev & Jim! Getting close now 2 days to go!!