If i miss my ship on embarkation day...

stickyshocker

Very much depends on (1) what part of the world you are cruising in; and (2) is it a round-trip cruise?

If boarding at an intermediate port results in your starting from one USA port and disembarking at a different one, the answer is no. (Unless there is an intermediate call at a "distant foreign port" as defined by the PVSA, which is highly unlikely if originally a round-trip USA itinerary)

And if it is a round-trip itinerary in North America, even without the USA ports issue the cruiseline will usually deny the late boarding as the change in passenger manifest mid-cruise results in simply too much hassle for them from Immigration and Customs. Exception though is often made if you booked your air through the cruise line and miss embarkation due to flight delays. But if not a travel issue outside of yours, the cruise lines or the carrier's control, usually you are out of luck.

Now if you are talking about a European cruise, if you were embarking at one European Union/Schengen agreement country and disembarking at another (whether round trip or open jaw) there is no issue with meeting the ship later at a different EU port.

If you are asking about a cruise to Asia or Australia--I don't know their anti-cabotage laws offhand, maybe someone from that part of the world will come on and answer.

OK it turns out that three and a half hours before starting this thread the OP asked the same question on the RCI boards, with all the specifics needed to give an accurate answer.

Since its a Med cruise arrangements to meet the next port are usually OK.

Which is what the earlier responses indicated.

So what other answer were you hoping for by omitting the necessary details of your particular situation?

...and why do I keep wasting my time help people who choose not to help themselves?

OK it turns out that three and a half hours before starting this thread the OP asked the same question on the RCI boards, with all the specifics needed to give an accurate answer.

Since its a Med cruise arrangements to meet the next port are usually OK.

Which is what the earlier responses indicated.

So what other answer were you hoping for by omitting the necessary details of your particular situation?

...and why do I keep wasting my time help people who choose not to help themselves?

I posted at the RCi boards but nobody replied, so i thought maybe i can get some input if i ask generally( and if i get to the point w/o the details).

And it worked, i got an answer finally..I have somethin to work with.. You saved me $ because i dont have to change my flights right now to leave tomorrow and pay the change fee.. Thanks..

My first posting was done with a laptop.

This one is from an Iphone..it was tough to type in so i

have to omit.

It would be a Greek Isles cruise, round trip from Venice. Next week.

Flying 2 days early, but my confidence in my airline just hit an all time low.

What is wrong with your airline??

If you are flying in 2 days early why would you miss the ship?

I posted at the RCi boards but nobody replied, so i thought maybe i can get some input if i ask generally( and if i get to the point w/o the details).

And it worked, i got an answer finally..I have somethin to work with.. You saved me $ because i dont have to change my flights right now to leave tomorrow and pay the change fee.. Thanks..

My first posting was done with a laptop.

This one is from an Iphone..it was tough to type in so i

have to omit.

Perhaps you should check your other post again as there are indeed responses to your question. Maybe you just need to allow a little time for someone to answer. The reason I mention this is that between both you have the answers you need.

I also have to question why you are concerned with making the cruise departure with a two day advance flight? Even if it were to be canceled, there is plenty of time for the airline to rebook or reschedule.

What is wrong with your airline??

If you are flying in 2 days early why would you miss the ship?

Im getting some response from the other thread i started a while ago, so im not sure if i can keep up.( I apologizenin advance).

Im taking the last flight out on Wednesday, the past few weeks that first leg got cancelled with no reason and if im not mistaken it happened twice. Im ok with that since i got another day, til i realized that the 2nd leg was also(if not) more susceptible for cancellations. It got canned twice just for last week.

Im getting some response from the other thread i started a while ago, so im not sure if i can keep up.( I apologizenin advance).

Im taking the last flight out on Wednesday, the past few weeks that first leg got cancelled with no reason and if im not mistaken it happened twice. Im ok with that since i got another day, til i realized that the 2nd leg was also(if not) more susceptible for cancellations. It got canned twice just for last week.

Did they not put pax on another flight out?

AA canceled a flight in Dec but moved us to a later flight

Perhaps you should check your other post again as there are indeed responses to your question. Maybe you just need to allow a little time for someone to answer. The reason I mention this is that between both you have the answers you need.

I also have to question why you are concerned with making the cruise departure with a two day advance flight? Even if it were to be canceled, there is plenty of time for the airline to rebook or reschedule.

Im eventually moving to my first post, now my concerns are from what i have witnessed last Thursday thru the airline's official fb page about dozens of people, posting their grievances that were left

in limbo( e.g a pax who was instructed to rebook thru the messenger, but waited almost a whole day to just to get an automated response).

Im eventually moving to my first post, now my concerns are from what i have witnessed last Thursday thru the airline's official fb page about dozens of people, posting their grievances that were left

in limbo( e.g a pax who was instructed to rebook thru the messenger, but waited almost a whole day to just to get an automated response).

What airline? And what ever happened to talking live with a service rep v only dealing on line? If I have a cancelled flight I talk live with an agent - not depend on only dealing with the issue on line.

What airline? And what ever happened to talking live with a service rep v only dealing on line? If I have a cancelled flight I talk live with an agent - not depend on only dealing with the issue on line.

KLM ... Their fb post from Wednesday were met by scorching comments from frustrated travellers... I didnt expected the blunder from one of the Alpha airlines in the world.

I wish there was a simple answer for this.

In most cases the answer is yes but no one can guarantee that will be the case all the time.

Best to not miss the ship.

Haha... indeed the best advice possible! :-)

But generally the next port of call is probably ok, but it may not be. It maybe the port has no customs / passport control so in that instance it would be a definite no I expect, unless it's possible that it could be cleared elsewhere. Similarly if there become a

cabotage violation, then that port would be barred.

I second the "don't miss your booked embarkation port". :-)