Celebrity management ignores Puerto Rico warnings....just of bunch of CLOWNS!

CruiseZZ1956

Wonder if op would feel differently if he / she had instead booked Fascination and was now stuck with no cruise, non-refundable air and no travel insurance.

If I was on Fascination I would be sending FEMA a thank you note and a donation.

PS canceled airfare is reusable for 1yr. Refundable on most business class..... no insurance is necessary for self insurers.

We are traveling on the summit on 10/28/2017. I am traveling with my Father who is 87 and his friend who is also 87 and my sister. Puerto Rico Now is publishing hotels that will open on certain days and when I call these hotels they are not accepting reservations. I have had 6 different reservations and all have cancelled. I can't ask my father to sleep in the airport. American Airlines won't refund our money either and they have no flights the day of. This is ridiculous and greedy of this company to act like everything is great. No electricity, damage, water issues, gas issue and on and on. They are putting their customers in harms way unless they choose to loose thousands of dollars. We will never sail with them again.

There is a big difference between stopping in PR as a port for a day, and having a ship use this as a home port. If the port is functional for embarkation what would you prefer they do, cancel an entire season of cruises? Zikka is not anew occurrence to this region and the OP should never have booked if she/he were concerned about that. Take some responsibility for your own choices.

Going on Summit 28October and flying in day of .Does anyone know if the taxis are operating normally ?

Did not book Cruise Transfers and wondering if I should have .

I go from SJU often an have never taken the Transfers as they are like cattle cars .

Hoping that the Taxi service is not totally affected .

Thanks, CK

Smart and the absolute right move by CARNIVAL Management....$$$$ should not rule..TAKE NOTES CELEBRITY CORPORATE CLOWNS.

Itinerary Updates 10/11/2017 – 7:00PM (EDT)

Carnival Fascination – Southern Caribbean Cruises

Earlier this week, we communicated that we were ready to resume our operation from San Juan on Carnival Fascination, with our first cruise departing this Sunday. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has since asked us to support the relief and rebuilding efforts and Carnival Fascination has been chartered to provide housing for relief workers in the U.S. Virgin Islands. This means the ship’s departures from October 15, 2017 through January 28, 2018 will be cancelled. Carnival Fascination will return to year-round service from San Juan beginning February 18, 2018.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Going on Summit 28October and flying in day of .Does anyone know if the taxis are operating normally ?

Did not book Cruise Transfers and wondering if I should have .

I go from SJU often an have never taken the Transfers as they are like cattle cars .

Hoping that the Taxi service is not totally affected .

Thanks, CK

I've been reading the Royal Caribbean Board. All indications are that you will have absolutely no problem with getting a taxi from SJU to the ship and visa versa. Someone posted pictures of all the taxis lined up at the airport. Don't worry!!

Talk the talk then walk the walk. Spare us the drama, cancel your Caribbean cruise and go spend your holiday and money in Canada.

Might do that if PR conditions don't improve...but if I do it will be a last minute cancel so the clown$ can't double book the cabin.

Still think they are going to have to do something with this %&$# mess eh?..the clown$ are getting absolutely slammed on social media facebook, etc from the first bunch to take the summit out of PR in a few weeks. Massive # of people with no hotel rooms now and canceled flights they cant rebook.

Or he might enjoy a cruise on the Great Lakes. But watch out for the Wreck of the Edmond Fitzgerald!

Celebrity has been more than fair. We carried no insurance and recently cancelled our Summit cruise with no penalty. We just transferred our payment to our next cruise with Celebrity. It's simply a personal call whether to deal with the challenge Puerto Rico is giving everyone.

Celebrity has been more than fair. We carried no insurance and recently cancelled our Summit cruise with no penalty. We just transferred our payment to our next cruise with Celebrity. It's simply a personal call whether to deal with the challenge Puerto Rico is giving everyone.

r - were you on the same sailing as the OP? If so, I trust they will read this and be proactive on changing their sail date and/or ship.

bon voyage

Might do that if PR conditions don't improve...but if I do it will be a last minute cancel so the clown$ can't double book the cabin.

Still think they are going to have to do something with this %&$# mess eh?..the clown$ are getting absolutely slammed on social media facebook, etc from the first bunch to take the summit out of PR in a few weeks. Massive # of people with no hotel rooms now and canceled flights they cant rebook.

Please don't go. You are gonna make a lot of people on Summit awfully 😩 miserable.

I'm on that cruise and follow the SM page closely. One person has canceled their cruise. Several Canadians have had flights canceled and they are re-booking. No slamming that I've seen.

Right. That's what most people do when there's a wrench thrown into their plans. They figure out what they're going to do. Cancel or alter plans. I have a plaque next to my desk that says, "Life is How You Handle Plan B."

Calling Celebrity Clowns, pouting etc doesn't accomplish anything. Why didn't he just cancel like you did and move on?

Calling Celebrity Clowns, pouting etc doesn't accomplish anything. Why didn't he just cancel like you did and move on?

He is consumed by hate and wants revenge. This is what he said:

but if I do it will be a last minute cancel so the clown$ can't double book the cabin.

Nice job and congrats on getting the clown$ to rebook you with no penalty. I asked for this option 3 weeks ago and they would not do without penalty. Called the clown$ again today (1.5 hour wait to get thru on 800#...mmm wonder why?) and low and behold got the same offer to rebook onto any celebrity cruise within 6 months with NO PENALTY!...Celebrity clown$ must be waking up and getting the message finally and or getting tired of the social media firestorm. So now that they have shifted gears I will move on from this #$%^ mess and book something that has a chance of going smoothly.

This shift in being willing to allow canceling on the summit with NO PENALTY this late in the game tells me they are seriously thinking about canceling these sailings out of PR anyway and are looking to save what few customers they have left! Good luck and Bon Voyage in PR to all of the Celebrity kool aid drinkers!

Nice job and congrats on getting the clown$ to rebook you with no penalty. I asked for this option 3 weeks ago and they would not do without penalty. Called the clown$ again today (1.5 hour wait to get thru on 800#...mmm wonder why?) and low and behold got the same offer to rebook onto any celebrity cruise within 6 months with NO PENALTY!...Celebrity clown$ must be waking up and getting the message finally and or getting tired of the social media firestorm. So now that they have shifted gears I will move on from this #$%^ mess and book something that has a chance of going smoothly.

This shift in being willing to allow canceling on the summit with NO PENALTY this late in the game tells me they are seriously thinking about canceling these sailings out of PR anyway and are looking to save what few customers they have left! Good luck and Bon Voyage in PR to all of the Celebrity kool aid drinkers!

Interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Like I said, There are going to be a lot of miserable people on the ship you wind up on. I am sure you will still be spewing your venom.

Everyone has a different perception of risk, and level of perceived risk they are willing to accept. So I do think it's good that Celebrity are allowing penalty free changes to those booked on the Summit from San Juan.

Personally, I am following this (and other similar threads) as I am considering booking a Summit cruise from San Juan in December. My opinion is that it would be far worse if all tourists stopped coming, increasing unemployment (already much higher than before the hurricane) and I see no risk from a couple of nights pre or post cruise in San Juan.

My thoughts: Celebrity should ban you....you seem to be the biggest clown of them all!:D:D

Everyone has a different perception of risk, and level of perceived risk they are willing to accept. So I do think it's good that Celebrity are allowing penalty free changes to those booked on the Summit from San Juan.

Personally, I am following this (and other similar threads) as I am considering booking a Summit cruise from San Juan in December. My opinion is that it would be far worse if all tourists stopped coming, increasing unemployment (already much higher than before the hurricane) and I see no risk from a couple of nights pre or post cruise in San Juan.

This morning we booked back to back cruises out of San Juan in december. We evaluated the risks and are looking forward to it, particularly spending time again in the Dutch Antilles again.

I've read the roll calls and see people panicking about hotels and flights etc but Celebrity UK were able to book flights, transfers to hotel and then port with no issues. They did advise that they have limited hotels at present but the one chosen seems perfectly acceptable. As it's all booked through them and if they cancel we're protected through ABTA so we'll just book something else later on as we're fortunate enough to have some flexibility.

Incidentally, for once Celebrity UK offered a much better deal than US travel agents are currently offering which is quite rare. I accept we're taking a bit of a gamble, but this could be the cruise bargain of the century. I doubt San Juan will be much fun, but the ship and other islands will be so I'm really not concerned. I've done three trips to Zika affected areas already, the threat isn't new and it's easy to safeguard yourself against it. Just my two cents. I await the inevitable 'you must be mad posts...'.

I as well recently booked B2B Summit sailings in December. I plan to fly in/out day of cruise starting and ending, flying from south Florida makes this very easy especially with the scheduled 8:30pm departures. I don't think the San Juan is necessarily ready for visitors staying for long periods in their hotels but I see no reason to not use the city as a port of embarkation. I sail in approximately 2 months and I'm being optimistic that the island will recover. The prices are outstanding on the December sailings.

This morning we booked back to back cruises out of San Juan in december. We evaluated the risks and are looking forward to it, particularly spending time again in the Dutch Antilles again.

I've read the roll calls and see people panicking about hotels and flights etc but Celebrity UK were able to book flights, transfers to hotel and then port with no issues. They did advise that they have limited hotels at present but the one chosen seems perfectly acceptable. As it's all booked through them and if they cancel we're protected through ABTA so we'll just book something else later on as we're fortunate enough to have some flexibility.

Incidentally, for once Celebrity UK offered a much better deal than US travel agents are currently offering which is quite rare. I accept we're taking a bit of a gamble, but this could be the cruise bargain of the century. I doubt San Juan will be much fun, but the ship and other islands will be so I'm really not concerned. I've done three trips to Zika affected areas already, the threat isn't new and it's easy to safeguard yourself against it. Just my two cents. I await the inevitable 'you must be mad posts...'.

Can I ask how much the flights were with celebrity from UK to San Juan? For the cruise I am looking at the flights offered by the website are much more expensive that what I can find elsewhere. Did you call to book them?

We looked at our usual US travel agent, checked with Celebrity UK and found their package to be better, so yes we did call them. Same price for the cruise, but instead of $125 and $225 OBC per cabin for the B2B's respectively they offered the classics drink package instead and discounts for B2B.

Flight prices from LHR are from £620 return. More from MAN and other regional airports.

Edited by Mynki