14 day cruise and only 5 ports now not 8!!!!!!! Not cool

caddykid12

Waited 2 days after Final Payment for ncl to release the new 14 day itinerary and took away 3 ports!!!!

Who does 5 ports and 9 sea days on a 14 day cruise. Deff not on good terms with that

Originally was San Juan. St thomas st maarten tortola dominica barbados st lucia antigua

now we are

Fri New York, New York

Sat At Sea

Sun At Sea

Mon At Sea

Tue Oranjestad, Aruba8:00 Overnight

Wed Oranjestad, Aruba12:00 pm

Thu Willemstad, Curacao8:00 am5:00 Fri At Sea

Sat Bridgetown, Barbados8:00

Sun Castries, St. Lucia8:00 am5:00 Mon St. John's, Antigua8:00 am5:00 TueAt Sea

WedAt Sea

ThuAt Sea

FriNew York City, New York

Very dissapointed. They just want more sea days to re coupe thier loses

AWESOME itinerary! You were wishing for ABC islands, you got 2 out of 3! Not bad. You will have a great cruise, so don't worry.

Edited by Arzeena

Picked this quote as representative of a whole bunch of cheerleading quotes.

If this is such a great itinerary, why is it not in the regular schedule?

I will try and explain that as it was explained to me (when I asked) during a chat with the HD and captain while on a repo cruise.

This is only done on their repositioning schedules.....it takes a lot of sea days to get there and back up north, but not that many to get there and go to a port in the south, like Florida or New Orleans. Hence it is not on their regular schedules for RT NY or RT Boston cruises.

Why would your wife have that impression ?? We have visited there several times and it is lovely and I have never had any reason to feel concerned about touring there. Each visit we have done something different and enjoyed all the island has to offer. IMHO you will certainly enjoy your port time there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Two possible reasons. One, the routing to get to the new ports wasn't practical to keep the open ports, and/or second, in order to accommodate ships the lines are 'trading' berths. Fort example, lets just say NCL could get Aruba and Bonaire but not Curacao as RCCL was in there. But RCCL needs somewhere to send a ship (lets say Grand Caymans where this ship is currently scheduled). RCCL can agree to let NCL use the Curacao shot in exchange for the GC slot and everyone wins, kind of.

Cruise lines have plans in place for hurricanes but losing this number of major ports for this period of time is pretty much unprecedented (and remember, hurricane season is not over). If you count just the 6 severely damaged ports alone, that's about 17 berths gone out of inventory every single day, one of them being an embarkation site. Generally speaking, in peak season, there aren't 17 empty berths among the active ports on any given day alone and that's before the logistics of transit time, etc (Curacao may have a berth, but its a lot further away from other ports than BVI, for example, which requires domino like changes). There are also still 3 ports closed that may reopen soon (another 8 berths out of inventory). And I didn't include additional tender berthing there.

Add to that that lines are also competing for those open berths while trying to do the juggling and unfortunately that means that some itineraries will improve and some suffer.

All things being equal, I think the cruise lines would generally be happier to be flexible in terms of cancellation, etc, but given the massive disruption and costs associated with the situation, right now as a matter of fiscal responsibility they can't right now.

I agree we seem to be a little better off then some but I cannot understand why they have changed ports that are open

Ok, so you were on another thread not long ago complaining that they wouldn't give you the new itinerary and you were afraid you'd get Florida/Bahamas ports instead of eastern Caribbean. You were well aware you could have cancelled prior to final payment since the ports were up in the air. You chose not to.

Now you have the new itinerary and they are taking you on southern Caribbean, not Florida/Bahamas as you feared. And now you are complaining that there's more sea days (cause duh, southern is further away) and they could have stopped in the Bahamas on the way???? I think you just enjoy complaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Could have done GSC day 3. Then head to aruba.

Bonire in the middle rather thsn leave at noon. Thats practically another sea day to make 8 sea days

NYC is about 900 nm to GSC and GSC is about 900 nm to Aruba. It would make a very late and short port time for GSC and afterwards you would need two full sea days to get to Aruba and arrive at midnight. And that's assuming the ports have spaces on those particular days. I would take a full day and an overnight in Aruba over that.

I do wonder why NCL wouldn't just give you two full days in Aruba. My guess is the port berth is needed for a late arrival on that day. I have seen other ships with Aruba port time from 1pm to 11pm.

And Bonaire is a small port and most likely booked solid on those days.

Edited by ms cider

AWESOME itinerary! You were wishing for ABC islands, you got 2 out of 3! Not bad. You will have a great cruise, so don't worry.

Also expecting a compensation in port fees. I paid for 8 ports. Nobody in their right mind would flat out book a 14 day cruise offering just 5 ports for the price majority paid im not super thrilled about a refund. And gsc could have been thrown in or bonire hopefully cuz leaving aruba at noon is practically a 8th sea day hope they leave it open and get bonire. Just shocked they cant find more ports on a 2 week sailing

Waited 2 days after Final Payment for ncl to release the new 14 day itinerary and took away 3 ports!!!!

Who does 5 ports and 9 sea days on a 14 day cruise. Deff not on good terms with that

Originally was San Juan. St thomas st maarten tortola dominica barbados st lucia antigua

now we are

Fri New York, New York

Sat At Sea

Sun At Sea

Mon At Sea

WedAt Sea

ThuAt Sea

I think NCL sucks!

now we are

Fri New York, New York

Sat At Sea

Sun At Sea

Mon At Sea

WedAt Sea

ThuAt Sea

Bottom line.........you were will aware of the possible changes like myself on our 14 day cruise. You made the choice not to cancel when you had the chance. Many did cancel prior to final payment, some might be back, some won't. You rolled the dice........guess you should have cancelled and if you liked the itinerary rebook

Edited by Laszlo

Truly understand your frustration, however, things could be worse. Breakaway cruise for 12/3 had a similar 12 day itinerary and is now rerouted to western Caribbean, stopping in Port Canaveral, FL, Grand stirrup caye, Nassau, Ocho Rios, costa maya Mexico & Grand Cayman - wish we were going to Aruba & your other ports!

Truly understand your frustration, however, things could be worse. Breakaway cruise for 12/3 had a similar 12 day itinerary and is now rerouted to western Caribbean, stopping in Port Canaveral, FL, Grand stirrup caye, Nassau, Ocho Rios, costa maya Mexico & Grand Cayman - wish we were going to Aruba & your other ports!

You're right! That is worse than OP's new itinerary and ours on the Jade. Much worse. I can console myself by saying that...at least I'm not on the Breakaway for 12/3.

Also expecting a compensation in port fees. I paid for 8 ports. Nobody in their right mind would flat out book a 14 day cruise offering just 5 ports for the price majority paid im not super thrilled about a refund. And gsc could have been thrown in or bonire hopefully cuz leaving aruba at noon is practically a 8th sea day hope they leave it open and get bonire. Just shocked they cant find more ports on a 2 week sailing

Of course they will refund port fees for the missed ports.

First you were complaining about going to the Bahamas/GSC, now you want it in your itinerary! Make up your mind.

No you are not getting Bonaire. Deal with it. You sound like a kid in a toy store who wants every thing and then more. Time out for you!:D

And many people ( in their right minds or not don't just book to go to ports). Many love sea days and many do not. Does not mean one is crazier than the other. It is a matter of choice.

I am looking forward to you new thread on "NCL Changed My altered itinerary back to the original one..." Could happen!!!! ;) :) LOL!

Now go have a great cruise! Quit complaining.

Edited by Arzeena

You think thats bad? :eek:

You wanna see what we Brits have been stuck with for the Epic Transatlantic..

They've replaced St Thomas with a port 2000 miles THIS side of the atlantic!

Instead of a nice sunshine route across we are heading for 7 days doddling around the North Atlantic in mid November - then they dump us on the Azores for the day, then 6 days across to Orlando -

so hey - think yourself lucky

We definitely drew the shortest straw in the itinerary changes game!:')

The roll call is a battleground right now as we Europeans want to get over the atlantic to warm weather whereas the non europeans are happy to be getting another Euro port..

Bringing our rainmacs and wellie boots!! (and our sense of humour for we are sure gonna need it!) ;p

so once again we have people posting that A. you are insensitive to the island people. B. you should be grateful no matter where you go, C. Their sailing is worse off than yours...blah blah blah. Hey it's ok to be upset, I leave Nov 3rd and still have no itinerary posted..LOL

I am listening to you and I care. :D

Donna

now we are

Fri New York, New York

Sat At Sea

Sun At Sea

Mon At Sea

WedAt Sea

ThuAt Sea

Having your original itinerary with less stops does stink. I'm more amazed that they are getting you to Aruba so quickly from NY. Did a 10 day on Gem a few years back and it took us the same amount of time to get to San Juan and it's going to take the same amount to get to Port Canaveral on a 9 day on the Breakaway this coming February.

I do have one question thoough, should we be getting any kind of credit (port fee's and taxes) see that we will be visiting less ports? Anybody have experience with this?

ANY other cruise company would indeed refund the port fees and government taxes on missed ports, usually a credit to your account on board. Norwegian Cruise Lines, however, does not. No way, no how! But if you blast Miami with emails for six months or so, they could end up changing their policy. Good luck with that. (This IS from personal experience.)

This my revised February 2nd Breakaway Itinerary and I love it!!

FriNew York, New York3:00 pm

SatAt Sea

SunAt Sea

MonAt Sea

TueOranjestad, Aruba8:00 am5:00 pm

WedWillimstad, Curacao8:00 am5:00 pm

ThuKralendijk, Bonaire8:00 am4:00 pm

FriAt Sea

SatFort-de-France, Martinique8:00 am5:00 pm

SunCastries, St. Lucia8:00 am5:00 pm

MonBassettere, St. Kitts8:00 am5:00 pm

TueAt Sea

WedAt Sea

ThuAt Sea

FriNew York City, New York8:00 am

Perhaps a bit disappointed about missing Barbados, but picking up Aruba and Curacao is fantastic and I do not mind the extra sea days. Just happy to stay in the eastern / southern Caribbean islands and not heading west!

I am a happy cruiser!:D

Don:cool::cool:

Considering the situation you have little to complain about. Remember all of the lines cruising the Caribbean had to scramble to secure ports for their cruises. Your itinerary was the best they could do in the circumstances. Relax and enjoy. If you feel you won’t be able to enjoy feel free to turn your cruise over to me and my wife.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We agree 100%!

Only change the *wife* to my beloved Hubs 😀.

I'd also add in thankfulness for being unhurt nor Not dead.

Many of the residents of these beautiful islands that we so enjoy have lost everything.