14 day cruise and only 5 ports now not 8!!!!!!! Not cool

caddykid12

That's ridiculously low OBC for that kind of change. IMO should have been at least $200/per person

It is very generous. The cruise line did not request a hurricane. And we all sign cruise contracts allowing the cruise line to change the itinerary at any time for any reason without compensation. We just had our itinerary changed 2’days before departure to avoid Maria. And we totally accepted this change. And understood that we were due nothing.

I would consider one of these "revised" cruises if it included Key West but, imho, Port Canaveral is a waste of time.

I would not consider a cruise that had 7 (and in reality 8...what can you do in Aruba and be back to the ship for a noon sailing?) sea days. Reading and sleeping is available without leaving home.

Remember, the people who booked cruises sailing after "the hurricane season" did NOT opt to sail during the season, where anything can happen and prices are lower. They paid good money for their cabins.

Factual yes, correct maybe not. It's not just a matter of tendering. While there are certainly DIYers up to 60 percent of pax use a ship excursion at any given port, higher if the route gets a lot of first time cruisers. So there need to be vendors for those excursions, plus private availability for DIYers. Port security has to be able to clear the additional passengers on and off the ship in a timely manner. Transportation infrastructure and port facilities (the Bermuda example regarding horseshoe bay above is a good one) has to be able to handle a large influx of passengers. There are even factors to consider such as law enforcement capabilities to handle the crowds. Sometimes the port just says, No More.

One of the reasons people have complaints about some ports is those ports do not put a reasonable cap on visitors per day, destroying the experience.

Then you have logistical issues, as noted, stopping at (lets say) Jamaica takes sail time out for a farther port. And even if you tender there are maneuvering issues with ships docked entering and leaving and safe harborage.

Again, communication issues aside, NCL isn't making these changes for fun. They would much rather not lose 3 days of excursion revenue and have to spend more fuel, use more food, etc. They do them because its the best they can come up with.

There is a long standing court ruling that port fees and taxes must be refunded if the port is skipped.

Plethora is correct and factual. Within easyt sailing of any itinerary that includes Aruba there is Bonnair, Curacao, Grenada, Cartegena, Trinada & Tobaggo, St Lucia, and Martinique. On the way there from NYC there are several stops in the Bahamas, Jamaica, Grand Caymen. True these potential ports may be busier than normal. Possibly piers are full, but tendering is gernerally always possible.

And the argument that a port should be dropped because some may complain about tendering borders on silly. It certainly is reaching for an argument to justify a cruise line that can do no wrong is some eys.

Waited 2 days after Final Payment for ncl to release the new 14 day itinerary and took away 3 ports!!!!

Who does 5 ports and 9 sea days on a 14 day cruise. Deff not on good terms with that

Originally was San Juan. St thomas st maarten tortola dominica barbados st lucia antigua

now we are

Fri New York, New York

Sat At Sea

Sun At Sea

Mon At Sea

Tue Oranjestad, Aruba8:00 Overnight

Wed Oranjestad, Aruba12:00 pm

Thu Willemstad, Curacao8:00 am5:00 Fri At Sea

Sat Bridgetown, Barbados8:00

Sun Castries, St. Lucia8:00 am5:00 Mon St. John's, Antigua8:00 am5:00 TueAt Sea

WedAt Sea

ThuAt Sea

FriNew York City, New York

Very dissapointed. They just want more sea days to re coupe thier loses

It's clear as day what the problem is...... You're going out of New York City. Try to imagine saying it with a southern drawl, and you'll understand. Just giving you a hard time. ...... To me best part of cruising is at sea. I should have been a fleet sailor, not a dirt sailor. Hope you have a very fun and great time in spite of your disappointment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Your Breakaway Jan 5 cruise is now showing and being sold on NCL website. Let us know how the prices compare. It does not look like super low prices to me, but have no idea what it was going for before. New literary is showing also.
nh

I was just On NCL website and the 14 day Southern for Jan 5th on Breakaway is not there only 14 day Western.

Not sure where you are seeing the posting

nh

I was just On NCL website and the 14 day Southern for Jan 5th on Breakaway is not there only 14 day Western.

Not sure where you are seeing the posting

Sorry found it. If you go directly to NCL .com and put in the information this cruise does not come up but if you input NCL Breakaway cruises in your search engine the Jan 5th cruise shows up

+1 for you. Thank you for being competent. I knew change was coming i predicted the itinerary. But how do you call this new one comparable to the old one. Miss 3 ports and those fees are not refunded to you. Corporate said no compensation at all for any Altered sailings

Now im waiting to see the price when they re list it online that will be a huge slap in thr face if its significantly lower and worse if they wont let you rebook and price save

I don't recall in the notice of itinary change that no compensation will be given for missed port . What you have heard is earsay from one pax that claim his pcc said so . to my knowledge Corporate never said no compensation at all .

I don't recall in the notice of itinary change that no compensation will be given for missed port . What you have heard is earsay from one pax that claim his pcc said so . to my knowledge Corporate never said no compensation at all .

I've actually been in contact with corporate regarding the breach of my personal information being sent to someone else and my account details being compromised. The VP of Passenger Services had someone from her team contact me to look into this matter and he said that executives have stated that at this time, there will be no port charges refunded for the missing ports and/or loss of ports. They are very careful in their wording and repeat the same thing, without deviating, as if reading from a script. I think this is because we don't know what the future holds.

NCL could very well refund the port charges in the future. I think it is easier to wait and see if there will be other itinerary changes prior to refunding everyone and then having to charge them again if the itinerary changes again. There is no way of knowing what will happen at this time. I think it is smart on NCL's part to not refund anything yet without knowing if there will be more changes. We just have to wait it out and see what they do. If they follow through and do not refund port charges that are due in the end, I'm sure they will face a huge backlash, but in my opinion, I don't think they would do this.

I've actually been in contact with corporate regarding the breach of my personal information being sent to someone else and my account details being compromised. The VP of Passenger Services had someone from her team contact me to look into this matter and he said that executives have stated that at this time, there will be no port charges refunded for the missing ports and/or loss of ports. They are very careful in their wording and repeat the same thing, without deviating, as if reading from a script. I think this is because we don't know what the future holds.

NCL could very well refund the port charges in the future. I think it is easier to wait and see if there will be other itinerary changes prior to refunding everyone and then having to charge them again if the itinerary changes again. There is no way of knowing what will happen at this time. I think it is smart on NCL's part to not refund anything yet without knowing if there will be more changes. We just have to wait it out and see what they do. If they follow through and do not refund port charges that are due in the end, I'm sure they will face a huge backlash, but in my opinion, I don't think they would do this.

Thanks for this information. Our TA called and was told the same thing minus the second paragraph. Not refunding based on uncertainty is one thing; keeping excess port fees is another. Our TA was told that the port fees for our five ports are higher than for the six we had. I am not sure I believe that given we now go to Cayman Islands and Jamaica as two of the ports.

You are right. There will be a backlash if port fees are pocketed without itemization of actual costs.

We were on the 1/5 cruise but decided to cancel because they were not giving an itinerary. My fear was that we'd land up overnight in Port Canaveral and going to Nassau, then onto the western caribbean.

So what did I book? LOL I booked the New Years Eve cruise on Breakaway that goes to Port Canaveral and Nassau ;p

I'm the jan 3 sailing on gem 10day and we still don't have new itinerary, i'm excited to find out where we are going. granted i will less than happy if they send us to florida and stirrup cay but they shouldnt' with a 10 day sailing. I am waiting so impatiently to find out where we are going so i can start planning. have fun on your sailing

There is a VERY good chance that NCL did not have the new itinerary locked in until they released it. Surely you don't think that they should they have released a "possible" itinerary and then risked having to send out a final revised itinerary do you?

Final payment was by Saturday night. They announced the itinerary hours later on Monday morning. They knew there were changes being made prior to emailing Monday morning. They should have emailed out that the new itinerary would be sent first thing Monday morning or allowed cancellations Monday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is more than one full day between Saturday night and Monday morning. EVERYONE knew "changes were going to be made" but that does not mean that anyone knew what those changes were. What difference would it have made if you knew the new itinerary was going to be available Monday? None! If you did not have the new itinerary by the final payment cut off and you were that worried about what it night be, when the new itinerary was going to be announced is not relevant at all.

It's always comical to hear people tell others how they should feel. Lol. Thanks for the laugh bro...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waited 2 days after Final Payment for ncl to release the new 14 day itinerary and took away 3 ports!!!!

Who does 5 ports and 9 sea days on a 14 day cruise. Deff not on good terms with that

Originally was San Juan. St thomas st maarten tortola dominica barbados st lucia antigua

now we are

Fri New York, New York

Sat At Sea

Sun At Sea

Mon At Sea

Tue Oranjestad, Aruba8:00 Overnight

Wed Oranjestad, Aruba12:00 pm

Thu Willemstad, Curacao8:00 am5:00 Fri At Sea

Sat Bridgetown, Barbados8:00

Sun Castries, St. Lucia8:00 am5:00 Mon St. John's, Antigua8:00 am5:00 TueAt Sea

WedAt Sea

ThuAt Sea

FriNew York City, New York

Very dissapointed. They just want more sea days to re coupe thier loses

You obviously are disconnected with the news. They are not trying to have more sea days to recoup any loses. San Juan is NOT able to receive any tourists, as the island has severe damages, and 90% power loss and struggling to maintain the little they have. St. Maarten is destroyed along with St. Thomas. You would have complained either way if you had of sailed there. Be glad you didn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You obviously are disconnected with the news. They are not trying to have more sea days to recoup any loses. San Juan is NOT able to receive any tourists, as the island has severe damages, and 90% power loss and struggling to maintain the little they have. St. Maarten is destroyed along with St. Thomas. You would have complained either way if you had of sailed there. Be glad you didn’t.

The news agencies make money on sensationalizing the destruction and suffering. When the truth is that the islands rely on tourism for a large part of their economy. They need the cruise ships to provide people with income to rebuild. Both St Thomas and St Maarten plan to reopen their cruise terminals this year.

Consider that most of shoreex deal with beach days, snorkel, drive, and boat rides. All things that can be restored with minimal effort. Consider Cuba reopened a few days after a Cat 4 hit. key West, a popular new media sensationalize location, opened the next week.

The islands reopening for cruise ships this year is reality. Not sensationalized news. People need an income to help them rebuild, not people feeling sorry for them. Pity doesn’t pay the bills. A job does.

Recent email from Royal Caribbean

Royal Caribbean leadership just returned from visits to San Juan and St. Thomas, and are planning a visit to St. Maarten on Monday. We were very impressed with the progress the islands are making to rebuild, and all three destinations are looking forward to welcoming back Royal Caribbean guests before the end of the year. In the next two weeks, working in conjunction with the local governments, we will announce the specific dates of our return to each of the islands.

The islands need tourism, but more importantly, they need happy tourists. Tourists that are disappointed are not going to spend any more money there in the future.

The cruise lines need some of these ports desperately because they're the only ports where their behemoth ships will fit at the pier. That's the real issue. Who wants to tender 5000+ people off a ship?