World cruise?

AmandaLMcL

It's a lame excuse seeing as Azamara and Oceania do them, so that holds no water for me but Celebrity have certainly said in the past that they wouldn't do them.

Different demographic and ships 1/3 to 1/4 the size of the average Celebrity ship. Don't see it happening unless they acquire a smaller ship or the economy goes into the stratosphere and there is even more disposable income than now (which is at an all time high).

Different demographic and ships 1/3 to 1/4 the size of the average Celebrity ship. Don't see it happening unless they acquire a smaller ship or the economy goes into the stratosphere and there is even more disposable income than now (which is at an all time high).

I realize they're different demographics. All I was saying is lack of ships is a lame excuse.

Asked the staff in Future Cruises if Celebrity was considering a world Cruise. The answer was that the fleet was too small which makes no sense to me. Has anyone heard anything different?

The internet is always better informed than the future cruise staff, doesn‘t make any sense to ask them any question about future plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's a lame excuse seeing as Azamara and Oceania do them, so that holds no water for me but Celebrity have certainly said in the past that they wouldn't do them.

I think they know they can make more money on shorter cruises and as everyone knows, long time cruisers are not the ones purchasing photographs and shopping on the ship.

They are trying to find new younger cruisers.

Now this shouldn’t stop them from coming up with new more exotic and interesting itineraries.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Asked the staff in Future Cruises if Celebrity was considering a world Cruise. The answer was that the fleet was too small which makes no sense to me. Has anyone heard anything different?

It won't ever happen. I like Celebrity but their itineraries are not that exciting compared to Holland America etc. Personally I'd like to see them offer longer trips with more ports, in fact I even started a thread on here once asking if others would too. The vast majority wanted them too but it won't happen. Celebrity are focused on maximising their bottom line which is perfectly understandable. They've even stopped their very popular 14 night Southern Caribbean cruises, offering more lucrative trips instead. Shame.

The real question is. Who can get away from home for 100 days. What would Celebrity bring to the table that the others have not. Azamara does have a 1/2 world cruise of 102 days. If I would be going for 100 days I would much rather base myself in the Mediterranean. Mix it up with land and cruising. On our last Asia cruise. Pre cruise 5 days, 12 night cruise then 5 post days. Another couple were doing a b2b2b then land base stay in Thailand.

We were not looking for a world cruise, but an extended cruise in Asia, without repeating ports. Celebrity did not offer what we wanted, so we looked elsewhere - after many cruises on Celebrity. Later this month we are doing 63 nights from Rome to Beijing on Regent. It is in effect 4 legs, with no repeat ports, offered as a B2B with a bit of a discount. Kinda scared that we will really like Regent, though we are booked on the Summit and will return to Celebrity next summer!

Why do they need to when so many other cruise lines already offer them? Notably, Holland America and Princess who are considered Celebrity peers, already have that covered.

Celebrity has it's own brand of off the beaten path and different with it's Galapagos cruises, which, I'm not sure, but I don't think Holland America or Princess offer those kind of itineraries.