Random Question Regarding Cruise Fare Identification -

Lady_Gamecock

I've been noticing my upcoming cruise drop....and then more drop....and tonight even MORE drop.....to the point where I'm angry because I booked on the cruise for almost 50% more than the newly advertised price. I know, it happens.

I have been watching this cruise drop for 2 months now and I called my TA (and Celebrity) to see if we could at least upgrade w/o losing our perks. Because previous drops were "Exciting Sales" or something like that, we weren't eligible.

My question is this: Since we're a little over 30 days out now, is there any way to see if a sale isn't an "Exciting Sale?" X and my TA both say that if it's not "Exciting" we could take advantage and upgrade. The Perks that we got were quite good while on-board and losing them is almost worth it; ALMOST. We're still ahead when you look at Perks vs. Price, but I'm still really annoyed - esp. since a balcony is way less than what I paid for an ocean view.....

I'm just frustrated and wondering out loud.

Thanks,

Lady_G

Well, it really happens. Suggest you just avoid checking the prices while you’re still up with your perks and to avoid further disappointment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wasn't watching it intentionally. I had shut off notification emails, but somehow one slipped through. My husband is ALWAYS yelling at me when I comment about price drops. ;p

You'll find the list of Exciting Fares here -- http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf. You can check and see if your cruise is on it. And yes, your 11/17/17 Reflection cruise is on the list.

Also, I think if you do a mock booking on the site, it will tell you what promotion the special fare is. You should also be able to tell if you can get the perks with it.

I've been noticing my upcoming cruise drop....and then more drop....and tonight even MORE drop.....to the point where I'm angry because I booked on the cruise for almost 50% more than the newly advertised price. I know, it happens.

I have been watching this cruise drop for 2 months now and I called my TA (and Celebrity) to see if we could at least upgrade w/o losing our perks. Because previous drops were "Exciting Sales" or something like that, we weren't eligible.

My question is this: Since we're a little over 30 days out now, is there any way to see if a sale isn't an "Exciting Sale?" X and my TA both say that if it's not "Exciting" we could take advantage and upgrade. The Perks that we got were quite good while on-board and losing them is almost worth it; ALMOST. We're still ahead when you look at Perks vs. Price, but I'm still really annoyed - esp. since a balcony is way less than what I paid for an ocean view.....

Thanks,

Lady_G

Not sure if this will help or not, but I've been watching the prices of these year-end cruises for the last month or so. And the price of the perks have been increasing commensurately with the reductions in the price of the staterooms. So the GoBest perk (pick 2 of 4) which was priced at $500/pp a month ago has increased to $900/pp as the price of the cabin dropped by $400. So although it appears that the cabin price was significantly reduced if you're only looking at it alone, the price of the total package hasn't decreased as much as it appears.

Suggest you call your TA again and see if they can get you the upgrade to a balcony. It's amazing what they can accomplish with a little creativity. They should go to bat on your behalf with Celebrity. That's the point of having a TA.

Whatever happens, put it behind you and enjoy your cruise! And your perks! :cool:

l - I understand your frustration greatly, in the opposite way, I always have committed to my sailings at least 18 months out, at an acceptable price if there is ever such a thing for me, and to see that prices continually go up on each one never offers me an opportunity to get a discount or upgrade.

With each new sale which comes out, I incessantly look to see if there is an opportunity for this and alas, disappointed because there is none... LOL

Even after subscribing to price alerts, nothing ever seems to arrive which would offer a good savings whereby it would be worth cancelling and re-booking...

What you want to identify is what is the price of your sailing including any perks which you may have AND what is the price of the sailing w/o the perks to determine if it is of value to cancel and re-book.

My 'hypothetical' base line difference is $500 per cabin difference.

Sounds like yours is significant, but late to the game in terms of sailing. Please do not worry about it, just go, enjoy your sailing and do not look back only forward.

bon voyage

You say have been watching the price drop for 2 months. My advice is next time when you see the price drop after final payment to a point where to upgrade wouldn't cost much ( maybe $100 total) call your TA and see if you can upgrade paying the difference. The some or all of perks often are still available until the price drops to a Exciting Deal". It would cost a bit more but you would have a better cabin.

You say have been watching the price drop for 2 months. My advice is next time when you see the price drop after final payment to a point where to upgrade wouldn't cost much ( maybe $100 total) call your TA and see if you can upgrade paying the difference. The some or all of perks often are still available until the price drops to a Exciting Deal". It would cost a bit more but you would have a better cabin.

j - great input, thank you.

bon voayge

There is a site (cannot mention it here on CC but think big box store) that will indicate if the pricing includes the perks or the additional fare that is required to add the perks.

Exciting deals never (never say never, though) include the perks. Do a mock booking and you can tell if the perks are included or if they are not.

I booked on the Equinox with a FCD when they brought her back from Europe and rescheduled her to sail in the Caribbean. We got the Go Best perk, loyalty credit, future cruise onboard credit for a really great price. Then, the concierge cabins went on sale for about the same price as what we paid for our 2C veranda. Well, to keep just a couple of our perks, it would have cost us $3000 more ... and no cabin is worth that much more ... unless maybe it was a suite ... and maybe not even that because that is another entire cruise for us.

It never hurts to ask but we can't be too disappointed when they say no. I do like the idea of upgrading but that only works if you don't lose all your perks. I think they have it down to a science. Either they offer a great deal on your cabin or you get to keep your perks ... not usually both. But .. just sometimes, luck will be on your side!!

This is the link for 10/17/17, the link for 10/10/17 has expired.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

Add this to your "favorites" and you will get the weekly link.

The link did not expire, it's just that they replaced the 10/10 file with the 10/17 file (maybe you're just confusing "link" and "file"). I posted that same exact link on the 13th. That is a travel agent site and they obviously post it in advance for the TA's to prepare for the upcoming offers.

I booked on the Equinox with a FCD when they brought her back from Europe and rescheduled her to sail in the Caribbean. We got the Go Best perk, loyalty credit, future cruise onboard credit for a really great price.

When you refer to loyalty credit, do you mean the Captains Club category upgrade ?

Thanks,

Lady_G

Make sure when you check that you add back in the value of the perks. My upcoming cruise keeps looking like it’s substantially dropped but when I add back in the perks its about the same, plus most of those super low prices are for a GTY.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums