Azamara Le Club Pricing on the Pursuit for Nov 6,2018 BCN to Miami

juliacb

Did anyone happen to look at the pricing for the Azamara Pursuit Nov 6, 2018 sailing from Barcelona to Miami LAST NIGHT when the email came to our boxes? Both my husband and I saw a pricing of $1899 for an inside with double upgrade to Veranda at $1899. When I checked again this morning the website price said $2999. I had my travel agent call Azamara and they said it would never be that low. BUT, we know what we saw and BOTH of us saw that price. Anyone else?

Julia

We apologize for the confusion in regards to pricing for Azamara Pursuit itineraries. This was a programming mistake, specific to Veranda staterooms, when all of our voyages were being uploaded in the system.

Our team worked diligently to get all of our pricing and itineraries updated for the voyages affected.

All of the correct pricing and port information was fixed within hours of yesterday’s announcement and is now being reflected on our website.

Thank you.

Gee, another "mistake" not in the customer's favor -- what a shocker. And a "mistake" in prices after announcing, "come see the great new itineraries" and building it all up for Le Club customers but then not allowing people to book and certainly not advertising a "12 hour sale" for those who somehow managed to pull strings to book yesterday. Last night I was going to book Pursuit 11/20/18 but it wouldn't let me so I figured, oh well I will let my travel agent deal with it today. And now the cruise is increased in price by $1,000 pp. I am done with being manipulated and lied to by Azamara over pricing and "sale" issues. Azamara, in case you don't get it, you are not really so good that your customers will accept being treated this way. Seabourn, Silversea and Viking in many cases provide better service and an overall better experience without manipulating their prices in the disingenuous manner that seems to be business as usual for you. And in many cases the cost is LESS. I loved my two Azamara cruises, I've been a big champion on social media, have another Azamara cruise booked, was trying to book another and I'm of a demographic that hopefully has a good 25-30 more travel years ahead of me. But I certainly don't feel valued or appreciated because your marketing, booking, online and pre-cruise experience is abysmal. And it certainly feels like I am not alone in feeling this way. No more.

Let me tell you something else they did today. My TA is ballistic. I got a general email from Azamara from a person within their company saying he was my new booking agent to contact him to purchase cruises.

Whoa! pretty bad.

Kathy

Let me tell you something else they did today. My TA is ballistic. I got a general email from Azamara from a person within their company saying he was my new booking agent to contact him to purchase cruises.

Whoa! pretty bad.

Kathy

I don’t see a problem with that, we’ve often had an AZ rep ring or email us to offer us a booking service, we’ve never used it because we prefer booking onboard wherever possible to get our onboard benefits, and it’s always been transferred to our usual TA without issue. It’s just a normal commercial practice. Why has your TA gone ballistic?

I have to agree with Alison James, and have said on here before "Azamara are losing the plot". We are strong and very loyal long term Azamara supporters, have done over 5 weeks this year with another cruise booked always in balcony or CC suites, but up against Seabourn and similar on pricing and sometimes more expensive than them, the ships and value for money no longer justify the current prices, and continual price manipulation and "sales" that are the complete opposite with price manipulation to entice the unwary, tarnish the brand. The Club Voyage advantages for loyalty are repetitive and therefore non existent so what brings us back other than great crews.

Much as though it is great that Azamara now have three of the R ships which are lovely to sail on, these ships have only a limited shelf life before they are outdated and overwhelmed by modern hardware, and more inclusive product.

Having said we are Azamara supporters, we cruise with other premium operators and will choose our cruising travel on location, quality and value for money, attributes Azamara are increasingly failing to deliver.

I understand Azamara monitor this medium so must see the "benign" criticisms from supporters yet they fail to act on low cost changes such as improving the inclusive bar menus, which leads to the conclusion that their cynical approach is of a short term nature with no longer term action plan for the future. That would be a tragic betrayal of all the hard work of their great seagoing staff.

How about Larry P. coming back n this!!!!

I have to agree with Alison James, and have said on here before "Azamara are losing the plot". We are strong and very loyal long term Azamara supporters, have done over 5 weeks this year with another cruise booked always in balcony or CC suites, but up against Seabourn and similar on pricing and sometimes more expensive than them, the ships and value for money no longer justify the current prices, and continual price manipulation and "sales" that are the complete opposite with price manipulation to entice the unwary, tarnish the brand. The Club Voyage advantages for loyalty are repetitive and therefore non existent so what brings us back other than great crews.

Much as though it is great that Azamara now have three of the R ships which are lovely to sail on, these ships have only a limited shelf life before they are outdated and overwhelmed by modern hardware, and more inclusive product.

Having said we are Azamara supporters, we cruise with other premium operators and will choose our cruising travel on location, quality and value for money, attributes Azamara are increasingly failing to deliver.

I understand Azamara monitor this medium so must see the "benign" criticisms from supporters yet they fail to act on low cost changes such as improving the inclusive bar menus, which leads to the conclusion that their cynical approach is of a short term nature with no longer term action plan for the future. That would be a tragic betrayal of all the hard work of their great seagoing staff.

How about Larry P. coming back n this!!!!

Alfredo1, there is a Q&A sub-forum at the top of our page where we invite you to submit questions and comments to Larry Pimentel.

As I noted on another thread he will be here on Cruise Critic sometime next week answering your questions.

I have tweeted my complaint to @larrypimental and @azamaravoyages, I suggest anyone on Twitter do the same. They were happy to respond to all the positive tweets I sent during my Azamara cruises, we will see what kind of response I get this time around. And if anyone would like to follow me and see all my other Azamara-related tweets as well, I’m @eileenpmoran (Allison and James are the names of my children!)

Whoa! pretty bad.

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

we only send such letters to individuals who have specifically signed up to receive information from us. That could be signing up for our emails on our website, requesting a brochure, or submitting a Request a Quote form. In any case your agent would be the 'agent of record' and any booking would transfer and s/he would receive the commission. We are not trying to skirt the trade upon which we rely so heavily.

I booked this cruise at the $1899 price. I haven't received any notification that this price wouldnt be honored. Should I be following up?

I am also booked at the $1,899 fare, and had no problem until I had the early booking benefit added to the reservation the next day, at which point the booking was "repriced." Upon further inquiry, I was informed by the front line agent that there was a "computer glitch" with the original pricing, and that the repricing was to the "correct fare" and that the original fare would not be honored. I registered my disapproval with that policy and, after escalating the matter to Miami corporate, the original fare was returned to my booking and all is now well. I'm glad Azamara chose to do the right thing.

I booked this cruise at the $1899 price. I haven't received any notification that this price wouldnt be honored. Should I be following up?

Here's how I'm told early reservations are being handled across the board:

Anyone who had a Pursuit booking created and deposited under the early, lower prices, will keep those original prices.

Anyone whose booking was Under Option and did not make a deposit had the Option repriced at the correct (current) prices.