Diamond Drinks Usable in Main Dining Room....Fleetwide?

Pstreet12

Well, it appears that, as usual with Royal, "circumstances alter cases." The Oasis class is pretty clearly "use the drinks on your sea pass card anywhere you want to." Others seem to vary depending on the waiter/guest relations/etc. The information handed out on the ships is consistent (not possible to use sea pass cards in restaurants), but practice varies from ship to ship.

Freedom (Freedom Class) is a NO--but maybe possible with the waiter complicit

Contact today from someone currently on Freedom. They have late seating, so no answer to MDR. However, status is being acknowledged by supplying diet coke.

Hey, it's some information. ;p

Oasis is a YES (Oasis Class)

Allure is a YES (Oasis Class)

Harmony is a YES (Oasis Class)

Anthem is a NO. (Quantum Class)

Explorer is a YES (Voyager Class)

Navigator is a YES (Voyager Class)

Adventure is a NO (Voyager Class)

Jewell is a Maybe (Radiance Class)

Grandeur is a NO (Radiance Class)

Majesty is a YES (Sovereign Class)

Just a small nit pick...Grandeur is Vision class ;):)

Contact today from someone currently on Freedom. They have late seating, so no answer to MDR. However, status is being acknowledged by supplying diet coke.

Hey, it's some information. ;p

Actually, it's interesting information: they don't have to acknowledge anything after 8:00 pm, and they are. That's nice.

This morning the diamond club concierge wrote me and verified she had checked with the Food and Beverage Manager and the Loyalty Ambassador and it would be honored in the MDR and specialty restaurants until 8:00. That's a nice change.

• 1 year later...

Just off the Freedom and we could use free drinks in Dining Room. Our first night in the Diamond Lounge it was announced that the drinks loaded on our card could be used ANYWHERE on ship during the Happy Hour Hours and they were from 5 until 8:30PM.

2 hours ago, kreemmer said:

Just off the Freedom and we could use free drinks in Dining Room. Our first night in the Diamond Lounge it was announced that the drinks loaded on our card could be used ANYWHERE on ship during the Happy Hour Hours and they were from 5 until 8:30PM.

Good to know. Hope for the same on our 3 March and 10 March Freedom cruises. 

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 10:02 AM, Host Clarea said:

The drink vouchers can be used at any bar. The only question is whether they can also be used in restaurants, which seems to vary ship to ship.

On Jewel, vouchers could not be used at Vintages during last cruises Oct-Dec.

NJ 

11 hours ago, Crism said:

Jewel was a YES last week.

Excellent!  They allowed it in November and was hoping it continued since we’re  sailing on Jewel again in 3 weeks.  DH still stops by a bar and brings in a drink since he says it takes too long in the MDR.  I just order a glass of wine from the assistant waiter and hope it doesn’t take too long.

14 hours ago, mafig said:

What about Serenade?

Yes to Serenade. Every bar and dining venue is accepting the drink vouchers. I have only had bars serve me New Amsterdam. Will keep searching as I have another 18 nights to look for that elusive unicorn. Mafig you and Jose will love serenade. Very friendly staff.  JJ(D concierge) is as good and hard working as everyone says she is. Really takes care of the members, always helping out.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

On Jewel, vouchers could not be used at Vintages during last cruises Oct-Dec.

NJ 

It would be hit or miss - sometimes I could get a glass of champagne there - depended on bartender. But last time was a definite no.

NJ