Upsell Offer!

antmaril

My friend and I are on the January 7th Regal and I just received an e-mail offering a full suite (Category S3-S5) for $459 per person. We are currently in a mini-suite with an extended angled balcony on the Baja Deck.

Is this a good deal? This is my first upsell offer ever.

My friend and I are on the January 7th Regal and I just received an e-mail offering a full suite (Category S3-S5) for $459 per person. We are currently in a mini-suite with an extended angled balcony on the Baja Deck.

Is this a good deal? This is my first upsell offer ever.

I always look at the per day cost and use that as the deciding factor.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Look at both the cost and the location. Some suite locations are better than others.... but, you do get some perks too... and if the cruise is 7 days or longer, those might make a big difference too.

Bottom-line: Maybe so - worth checking out!

I thought this sounded rather high!

But, showing at current pricing, a suite is $1,000. more than a mini.

Suites are available for the 7 day... But not the whole back-to-back.

Looks like Dolphin 121, the Forward Starboard premium suite, and Aloha 101, the Forward Port premium suite.

I guess it comes down to how much one would enjoy living the suite life!!!!

There are alot of perks that go along with the full suite - mini bar setup, club class dining, breakfast as Sabatini's, But location is everything best to go online and see what suites are available, what size they are and where they are located. You can then make an educated decision. Personally although I love suites a 7 day cruise really isn't long enough to get all the benefits, although I have paid an up sell price on longer cruises. .

I wouldn't take it. Way too pricey and so many of the perks you get once you're at the Elite level anyway and Sabatini's is not a thrill for me either. I'd rather use that money for first class airfare. :D

It will be a while before I get to Elite level. This is only my second Princess cruise. I am still waiting for the call back.

I have been upgraded to a full suite on a 7 day and it was wonderful! It was my mom, sister-in-law and I who had booked a mini-suite. We are very loyal to princess and didn't cost us a dime.

That is very unusual, I have not seen a "free" upgrade in at least 15 years. Up sells seem to be what they try and use these days and sometimes will lower the "up sell" price over time if they do not get any takers the first time around.

That is very unusual, I have not seen a "free" upgrade in at least 15 years. Up sells seem to be what they try and use these days and sometimes will lower the "up sell" price over time if they do not get any takers the first time around.

I was wondering about that. I might turn it down for now and if they lower the offer, I can reconsider.

I was wondering about that. I might turn it down for now and if they lower the offer, I can reconsider.

I would also take into consideration how many are currently available - if you haven't gotten a call back by now they may be all gone by now - I usually get a call back within 2 hours or so

That's the price they usually seem to charge for the suite upsell. I have taken it twice but this time around didn't do it because I was annoyed with them. I then got an upsell off to go into a Club Mini from our Mini for $149 per person. Didn't take that either since I'm Elite and it's really of no use as I don't eat in the Main Dining Room but maybe once.

Right- and this was only like 4-5 yrs ago. We were sitting in the Denver airport the day before when she called. I remember it being no big deal to them since it was their first cruise and they didn't know what to expect. BUT I have been in every category and knew it was something special. With that being said, I would not pay the $1000 at this point.

Really? I know in the last few years there are more upsells than free upgrades. I have had two free upgrades in the last ten years. One from a balcony to a mini suite and one from an obstructed view to a full oceanview. I took both upgrades and they were wonderful. No additional cost at all.

Our last 4 cruises we’ve been upgraded for free (not upsold). 3 from interior to balcony and 1 balcony to mini suite. So the free upgrades do happen!

I almost always take an upsell when it’s offered, but this one seems pricey. I probably wouldn’t go for it either.