Latest Upsell Offers

CineGraphic

What about GTY cabins and upgrades or upsells? I am booked on Star in Feb to Hawaii. GTY obstructed view. Hoping to get ANYthing better. No cabin assignment for any of our 4 cabins we have booked. Do you think they will give us all 4 cabins together, upsells for any of us or stay within the OZ to OC cabins. I would really love a balcony on this cruise and many balconies are still open for this date. But don't know how many GTY cabins were sold. Don't really care if I am next to my adult kids or not. JUST WANT A BALCONY!!! but cannot afford the $700 pp from oceanview to balcony. I am hopeful. And playing the GTY game on top of it. I saw the other post about $249 pp. That still seems high but maybe because it is a holiday cruise? Hoping for something for less. Fingers crossed.

Not an upsell, but I did get a Move Over offer today that was very nice for our 5 day cruise on the 21st, with a premium aft balcony. We are too anxious for our cruise, so we did not take it. Doubt I will ever see this again, but wanted to share.

** INCREDIBLE free cruise offer for Emerald Princess **

Princess is extending a special offer to guests booked on the Nov 21st, 2017 sailing of Emerald Princess. Move to a 7-day Mexico sailing any time in January or February 2018 and receive:

*100% of your cruise fare back as a refundable on board credit! *Complimentary upgrade to a spacious mini suite stateroom! *2 EXTRA days for FREE!!! WOW!

Not Upsell but complementary upgrade from inside GTY to a BC balcony on Royal Dec 20.

Booked 11/06. Princess promptly assigned cabin the next day and our TA got the Upgrade Notice which she promptly forwarded to me but I was not by my computer the whole day. When she called in the evening to take the payment she asked me whether I got the email, and I was like, "what email?" Nice surprise naturally but not particular excited as the balcony on Royal and Regal is so tiny that we view it as an Ocean View Cabin. No way we would pay the still current $300pp difference between an inside GTY and a balcony GTY.

• 2 weeks later...
Not Upsell but complementary upgrade from inside GTY to a BC balcony on Royal Dec 20.

Booked 11/06. Princess promptly assigned cabin the next day and our TA got the Upgrade Notice which she promptly forwarded to me but I was not by my computer the whole day. When she called in the evening to take the payment she asked me whether I got the email, and I was like, "what email?" Nice surprise naturally but not particular excited as the balcony on Royal and Regal is so tiny that we view it as an Ocean View Cabin. No way we would pay the still current $300pp difference between an inside GTY and a balcony GTY.

That's why you book early and don't do a GTY. There are many balcony cabins with bigger balconies. You just have to book them. If I booked an inside (which I have done in the past) and gotten FOR FREE any type of room with a window and/or balcony of any size, I would be ecstatic.

Pooh

Upsell on the 12/10 Royal 10 day was from a balcony to a full suite for $599 each. Nope

Hope I get an offer to do this on my March, 2018 Royal 10 day!!!!!!!!!!!! As of today, if I wanted to upgrade to one of their remaining suites it would cost me $1500-2800pp!!!!!! depending on the suite. Now if I were offered one for $529-599 for ten days (i.e. $60day more pp) I would jump on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I am in a CC mini at the moment. So here's hoping I get lucky. Still several suites available.

Pooh

I received an upsell email offer yesterday. Called and left a message. Been almost 24 hours and no call back. Do they always call you back, even if it is to say the offer is sold out? Or does no response mean the offer is no longer available?

yes, they will call back but can't say how they handle it if all sold out as we've always gotten what we wanted in the past with upsell offers.

Latest upsell offer for me was $699 per person to move from our Cat. BB balcony cabin to a premium suite for our upcoming 10-day cruise on the Royal. I left a message that I'm interested. It's probably my only chance to sail in a suite. We got a great rate for our balcony cabin, so the per person per day cost would be around the same we paid for our inside cabin on our British isles cruise this summer.

Latest upsell offer for me was $699 per person to move from our Cat. BB balcony cabin to a premium suite for our upcoming 10-day cruise on the Royal. I left a message that I'm interested. It's probably my only chance to sail in a suite. We got a great rate for our balcony cabin, so the per person per day cost would be around the same we paid for our inside cabin on our British isles cruise this summer.

Geoherb...what cruise? That's the offer we had over a month ago for the 10 day Royal Christmas cruise and it was still available weeks later when I checked again.. I thought the same thing...only chance, etc. But then we're happy in our MS and I can do a LOT with $1400 in 10 days. But the deciding factor was the Aft Suite...right above the Vista Lounge. NO THANK YOU. We were above the piano in the piano bar last year on a B2B. BIG MISTAKE. Never again. Nit to mention that they still have soot issues in the Aft cabins. Let us know what you do.

Hi all... We were in an Outside Obstructed Cabin and received an offer for a BC Balcony on the Lido Deck (our favorite) for $159PP for the New Years Cruise on the Crown... Grabbed that one... It took a couple of days for the "Revenue Dept." to get back to the TA. Happy Sailing!!!

Geoherb...what cruise? That's the offer we had over a month ago for the 10 day Royal Christmas cruise and it was still available weeks later when I checked again.. I thought the same thing...only chance, etc. But then we're happy in our MS and I can do a LOT with $1400 in 10 days. But the deciding factor was the Aft Suite...right above the Vista Lounge. NO THANK YOU. We were above the piano in the piano bar last year on a B2B. BIG MISTAKE. Never again. Nit to mention that they still have soot issues in the Aft cabins. Let us know what you do.
I could do a lot with that amount of money too, but we only live once. I doubt I'll have another chance to sail for 10 days in a suite for less. Fortunately our cabin is one of the forward suites and not one of the aft ones with the soot problems. Now the only question is whether to tell DH now or wait until Sunday morning when we get to the ship.

I could do a lot with that amount of money too, but we only live once. I doubt I'll have another chance to sail for 10 days in a suite for less. Fortunately our cabin is one of the forward suites and not one of the aft ones with the soot problems. Now the only question is whether to tell DH now or wait until Sunday morning when we get to the ship.
I would say to wait. That will be a wonderful surprise for him.

Let us know at sail-away how it worked out. :D

3 day Star Dec 16th Vancouver to LA. Upsell from inside to balcony for $49 per person. I would have taken it IF they had my balcony cabin that I am booked in for the next leg of the journey but no luck! Will stick with the inside for 3 days then move across the hall for the following 15!

3 day Star Dec 16th Vancouver to LA. Upsell from inside to balcony for $49 per person. I would have taken it IF they had my balcony cabin that I am booked in for the next leg of the journey but no luck! Will stick with the inside for 3 days then move across the hall for the following 15!

I would have taken this offer. Especially since I would have to move anyway. A balcony is great. :cool:

I would have taken this offer. Especially since I would have to move anyway. A balcony is great. :cool:

I was tempted but I am sailing with a friend who is across the hall and the only balconies they had available were on another deck and opposite end of the ship! As it is, all I need to do on turnaround day is move my things across the hall!

AND we won't be using a balcony on 3 days from Vancouver to LA mid December! WAAAAYYY too cold and rough seas!

Edited by ceilidh1
more info

Jan 6th, 7 day Riviera on the Ruby. Was offered to go from a regular rate inside IB to a past passenger GTY Balcony BF for $10/person, and they threw in comped gratuity :D! (So I guess more of a fare class change than upsell, maybe? but I’d be a fool to say no to them covering $170 of my trip in exchange for upgrading, and they were the ones that brought it up to me :'))

Now if only they’d had that rate on a mini suite...