Latest Upsell Offers

CineGraphic

Got another offer, same cruise, down to $350 USD per person now. Depending on the balcony category, we might bite on this. Currently in OC.

Thoughts?

Obviously they didn't get enough takers at $579. Honestly, $350 pp from an oceanview to a balcony still seems high. Cruise is in less than 2 weeks? You might see an even better offer.

PRINCESS CRUISES IS PLEASED TO EXTEND THE FOLLOWING OFFER TO OUR VALUED GUESTS CURRENTLY BOOKED IN AN OUTSIDE STATEROOM (cat.O5-OZ) ON THE JUNE 2, 2018 SAILING OF GOLDEN PRINCESS.

Treat yourself by upgrading your accommodations to a BALCONY STATEROOM and enjoy the added space where you can relax outside and experience the unforgettable views.

This special upgrade opportunity is available for just $289 USD/$419 CAD* per person additional (exclusive occupancy pays 200%).

Nope, deciding to pass. Only saves me $77 off my original booking with the current balcony fares. Maybe will receive a free upgrade offer, otherwise, I'll be happy to stay put in my OV and keep the add'l money.

INSIDE STATEROOM (cat.IA-IF) ON THE MAY 19, 2018 SAILING OF STAR PRINCESSto an OBSTRUCTED OCEANVIEW STATEROOM

OCEANVIEW (Cat OV-OZ) - $39 USD/$57 CAD* per person. **

Probably going to take it; that might make me feel better about the price of an inside now!

That is a decent upsell for an obstructed OV. One TINY note: it gets light super-early on these Alaska sailings, a problem the insides don’t suffer from. If it’s bothersome to you, bring a couple of binder clips and some magnetic hooks, because I seem to recall the head of the bed is right under the window in Star obstructeds.

INSIDE STATEROOM (cat.IA-IF) ON THE MAY 19, 2018 SAILING OF STAR PRINCESSto an OBSTRUCTED OCEANVIEW STATEROOM

OCEANVIEW (Cat OV-OZ) - $39 USD/$57 CAD* per person. **

Probably going to take it; that might make me feel better about the price of an inside now!

Nice upsell. Enjoy the upgrade!

That is a decent upsell for an obstructed OV. One TINY note: it gets light super-early on these Alaska sailings, a problem the insides don’t suffer from. If it’s bothersome to you, bring a couple of binder clips and some magnetic hooks, because I seem to recall the head of the bed is right under the window in Star obstructeds.

Thanks for the advice, but I live here, and never close the blinds in the summer. Just in the winter to keep the cold out. Oh, and in the summer during the day to keep some heat out, but nighttime...LOVE the light. You get used to it and it doesn't bother you. Last night was our switch from blinds closed at night to blinds open at night.

We took the upsell. Would have been only our fourth time in an inside. No matter how prepared I think I am, I feel my mood sink when I enter an inside. A window helps keep claustrophobia at bay.

Happy 25th! We did the Panama Canal for our 25th also. Had a ball. We are currently booked for 28 day Hawaii & Tahiti for our 40th anniversary a couple months early.

That will be a fantastic 40th anniversary cruise. Congrats !!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This special upgrade opportunity is available for just $289 USD/$419 CAD* per person additional (exclusive occupancy pays 200%).

At the current exchange rate of 1 US $ = $1.28 Canadian, the CAD price should be about $370. What a ripoff to want CAD $419.

At the current exchange rate of 1 US $ = $1.28 Canadian, the CAD price should be about $370. What a ripoff to want CAD $419.

Wow, great point. Obviously a bad upsell all around. Hopefully, most people will pass on the offer and another, more appealing upsell offer will be made. Otherwise, extremely happy with my current category, price paid and location on the ship of my cabin. Alaska here I come!

PRINCESS CRUISES IS PLEASED TO EXTEND THE FOLLOWING OFFER TO OUR VALUED GUESTS CURRENTLY BOOKED IN AN OUTSIDE STATEROOM (cat.OC-OZ) ON THE JUNE 2, 2018 SAILING OF STAR PRINCESS.

Treat yourself by upgrading your accommodations to a BALCONY STATEROOM and enjoy the added space where you can relax outside and experience the unforgettable views.

This offer is ONLY available by calling (Mon-Fri) 1-800-243-7342 extension 30743. Offer is based on availability and space is limited. *CAD pricing estimate only, see details below. **Single occupancy pays 200%.

We accepted this offer. We were able to upgrade from an obstructed HA room on Emerald deck to a HA Caribe premium balcony room. If the difference had been this small when I booked, I would’ve booked the balcony room. I’m excited!

:D

My experience has been that the Canadian dollar price that Princess quotes in upsell offers is more like a maximum price, but the actual price you pay depends on what exchange rate was used when you originally booked your cruise.

For example, I received an upsell offer last year for a Trans-Atlantic cruise on the Caribbean Princess, and the email said $139 US/$202 CAD to upgrade from an inside cabin to a balcony. When I called Princess about this, they said the actual price would be $173.75 CAD (which is $139 x 1.25) since I had booked the cruise at a 25% exchange rate.

I just looked at the email I received from Princess at the time, and it contains this small print:

*CAD pricing is an estimate only as exchange rates vary. Actual CAD pricing is based on the exchange rate used at the time the booking was originally made. Speak to an Upgrade agent at the number listed above for actual pricing.

So that confirms what I said above.

Offered upsell from inside to balcony on Coral Princess, May 30, 2018 for $399/person. Too much for us.

Based on their website there are lots of balconies still available for your cruise date. You'll probably get a much better offer, closer to sailing. $399 for a week long cruise is way too rich for my blood too!

That's a terrible offer. I would think nobody would take that!

When I booked my 7 day cruise, the balconies were pricing almost $1000 more per person over the obstructed OV we booked. So, someone might take that deal. Many people booked their rooms at the full price, and no one says to them the price they paid was “terrible.”

The value is individually determined. If I cruised often, had cruised a route before, planned to cruise the route again, then I would be less likely to pay for an upsell than if I thought it would be my only chance to have that experience.

For me, I’m cruising with my 74 year old mom. I’m taking her on a trip she’s always wanted to go on, but my budget was limited, and we needed a handicap accessible cabin. I could not afford a balcony but really really wanted one for her. She was ok with obstructed OV. When they offered me an upsell to a premium balcony on Caribe deck that is handicap accessible, I took it. It will be a surprise for her. The surprise makes it worth the extra cost for me. She will enjoy the bigger clearer view even if it is too cold to go out much, and it will give her some extra options if she’s not wanting to be on deck with the crowds during the glacier days. My $289 pp upsell to someone else may be “terrible” but for me seeing my mom smile and look out at that view is priceless (but now within my budget).

Edited by txwriter

Given that you got the upsell on a HA cabin, I think that's great. It is tough getting offers on HAs as there are so few on board. I don't think this would be a situation where they would come back to you later with a better offer, I think they would offer it to someone else. This isn't a situation where they have 20 cabins available that would meet your needs.

Enjoy the cruise!

Which ship has partially obstructed HAs? I'm learning what's available on the different ships.

When I booked my 7 day cruise, the balconies were pricing almost $1000 more per person over the obstructed OV we booked. So, someone might take that deal. Many people booked their rooms at the full price, and no one says to them the price they paid was “terrible.”

The value is individually determined. If I cruised often, had cruised a route before, planned to cruise the route again, then I would be less likely to pay for an upsell than if I thought it would be my only chance to have that experience.

For me, I’m cruising with my 74 year old mom. I’m taking her on a trip she’s always wanted to go on, but my budget was limited, and we needed a handicap accessible cabin. I could not afford a balcony but really really wanted one for her. She was ok with obstructed OV. When they offered me an upsell to a premium balcony on Caribe deck that is handicap accessible, I took it. It will be a surprise for her. The surprise makes it worth the extra cost for me. She will enjoy the bigger clearer view even if it is too cold to go out much, and it will give her some extra options if she’s not wanting to be on deck with the crowds during the glacier days. My $289 pp upsell to someone else may be “terrible” but for me seeing my mom smile and look out at that view is priceless (but now within my budget).

I agree! The memories will be priceless.

Talk about a lousy upsell. This is the one we got last week for our May 25 British Isles cruise We booked this cruise about three weeks ago and only paid $800 to begin with. I laughed out loud when I got it.

PRINCESS CRUISES IS PLEASED TO EXTEND THE FOLLOWING OFFER TO OUR VALUED GUESTS CURRENTLY BOOKED IN AN INSIDE STATEROOM (cat.IA-IF) ON THE MAY 25, 2018 SAILING OF ROYAL PRINCESS.

Treat yourself by upgrading your accommodations to a BALCONY STATEROOM and enjoy the added space where you can relax outside and experience the unforgettable views. Select categories may have a partial or fully obstructed view.

CHOOSE FROM THE FOLLOWING (rates are in addition to fare already paid):

STANDARD BALCONY/OBSTRUCTED DELUXE (Cat BA-BY)-$699 USD/$1014 CAD*per person*

I think it would be extremely helpful if people posted the length of cruise involved. A terrible upsell for a 7 day cruise might be a fantastic offer for a 14 day (or longer) cruise. It's hard to evaluate the actual "value" of the offer without that information..

Please post in the following format:

Ship, sailing date, number of days, cabin category purchased, upsell price per person, cabin category upgrade.

Example:

Crown, 12/9, 8 day, mini suite, $249, club class mini

Sent from my iPhone while I probably should be working.

Please post in the following format:

Ship, sailing date, number of days, cabin category purchased, upsell price per person, cabin category upgrade.

Example:

Crown, 12/9, 8 day, mini suite, $249, club class mini

Sent from my iPhone while I probably should be working.

This one likely depends on whether you are elite or not. If you are elite, you're paying $30+ per day to eat in Club Class. If you are not elite, the additional added perks makes it a better deal.

Given that you got the upsell on a HA cabin' date=' I think that's great. It is tough getting offers on HAs as there are so few on board. I don't think this would be a situation where they would come back to you later with a better offer, I think they would offer it to someone else. This isn't a situation where they have 20 cabins available that would meet your needs.

Enjoy the cruise!

Which ship has partially obstructed HAs? I'm learning what's available on the different ships.[/quote']

Not an upsell but... We once booked a 4 day cruise (one of two short cruises we took as they were all we could fit into our work schedules at the time) and booked the lowest category inside cabin way forward on Lido Deck. We were surprised to get automagically upgraded a few weeks before the cruise to a Caribe Deck accessible balcony! Wow. It was 1.5 times as wide as a normal balcony cabin and, of course, the bathroom was much bigger than normal. We had sailed with our oldest son a couple of times and he was in an inside accessible cabin (necessary for him due to breaking his neck in the Army) so we were aware of the size differences but had never sailed in a cabin of that sort ourselves. It was quite a nice upgrade and totally unexpected.

I now return you to the actual topic of upsells. Sorry for the brief hijack.