VK3DQ

Hi Folks

I grabbed what I thought was a bargain deal

10 days South Pacific on Carnival Legend EX Melbourne March 6th 2018

Balcony Guarantee

Note Prices are in $AUD

First 2 passengers $829 + $160.60 tax and port costs

3 Rd Passenger $359.40 + 160.60 Tax and port costs

So a quick 10 days up to New Caledonia and return to Melbourne for 3 Persons for $2500 .00

My question is will I be able to live with the ships somewhat "garish" decor ??

It sails one day prior to the Wifes birthday so I'm calling it "Her Birthday Prezzie"

So from the sublime of the Grand Suite on the Golden princes to the ridiculousness of the decor of Carnival Legend this was our Christmas cruise to New Zealand a trip we have made many times but decided to splurge on the best suite in the ship :evilsmile:

What do you think any advice or tips gratefully accepted what do you know of Carnival Legend especially sailing ex Australian ports ?

Regards

John

QUOTEmultiquote_off.gif

Hi Folks

I grabbed what I thought was a bargain deal

10 days South Pacific on Carnival Legend EX Melbourne March 6th 2018

Balcony Guarantee

Note Prices are in $AUD

First 2 passengers $829 + $160.60 tax and port costs

3 Rd Passenger $359.40 + 160.60 Tax and port costs

So a quick 10 days up to New Caledonia and return to Melbourne for 3 Persons for $2500 .00

It sails one day prior to the Wifes birthday so I'm calling it "Her Birthday Prezzie"

So from the sublime of the Grand Suite on the Golden princes to the ridiculousness of the decor of Carnival Legend this was our Christmas cruise to New Zealand a trip we have made many times but decided to splurge on the best suite in the ship :evilsmile:

What do you think any advice or tips gratefully accepted what do you know of Carnival Legend especially sailing ex Australian ports ?

Regards

John

QUOTEmultiquote_off.gif

I say no.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I agree. I never understood why people criticize the decor on ships. It's not your house.

Do you criticize the decor at hotels or office buildings?

Yes. Ugly is ugly, functional is functional, pretty is pretty, etc. Does it ruin or make the cruise? Absolutely not.

But I would rather be pleased when looking at decor than be wishing to not see it. All subjective to individual whims and feelings of course.

Now as far as the Legend, I didn't find the decor offensive, certainly not like the way some of the Fantasy class ships were. I don't recall plastic plam trees with XMas lights hanging on the "branches" in mid summer for example. The pattern in the hallway was easy to overlook. Not as garish as say the Valor (which I sailed 5x) and more like the Liberty or Freedom to compare it to a Conquest class ship.

OP, go ahead and enjoy your cruise.

Regardless of what many claim, decor influences people. Bright and cheery surroundings tend to improve outlooks. Dark and grim surroundings have the opposite effect.

In general I find Carnival decor tends to be active and busy. Some find this less relaxing. Others find it invigorating. Just depends on what one is looking for.

Yeah, you'll be able to live with it. CCL's décor leaves a lot to be desired, but you actually get used to it after a couple days. My advice....maintain a BAC of at least .08 and you won't even notice it. ;)

Then again, I don't exactly consider the décor on Golden Princess to be "sublime" either. Except for their newest ships, I always found Princess' décor to be very dated....sorta like going to Grandma's house.

Hi Folks

Well I am rather chuffed , we just got our cabin allocation 7302 Extended aft Balcony .... :hearteyes:

And yes the cruise was booked on the Australian website with Carnival direct , the fare went up to over $1400 within a couple of hours of me making the booking

So the money I saved I can use for a pair of sunglasses :cool:

:D Regards

John

Yeah, you'll be able to live with it. CCL's décor leaves a lot to be desired, but you actually get used to it after a couple days. My advice....maintain a BAC of at least .08 and you won't even notice it. ;)

Then again, I don't exactly consider the décor on Golden Princess to be "sublime" either. Except for their newest ships, I always found Princess' décor to be very dated....sorta like going to Grandma's house.

Yes Golden is a bit older but for this particular cruise we have the largest and poshest suite on the ship .. but carnival have come up trumps on this one with 7302 which is an extended balcony .....most chuffed for the $$$ :hearteyes:

Regards

John

He got a good deal.

He's pretty chuffed about it.

And he had the poshest suite on Princess before too.

I'm betting he was chuffed about that as well.

:p

Yep exactly Christmas Cruise on Golden Princess is costing 20k the March Cruise on Carnival Legend is costing 2.5k .. so thats the sublime to the ridiculous ...and yes I am really chuffed with Carnival

Regards John

:hearteyes:

For the posters that think "color" does not affect your trip. It does. The color and design of a ship, is carefully picked in order to incite certain behavior. For example, light blues and greens, relax a person, but bright ugly colors excite people, thus, keeping you up and going, spending money. I could go on, but Carnival is designed for Parties, and Gambling. (and is ugly!)

Yes Golden is a bit older but for this particular cruise we have the largest and poshest suite on the ship .. but carnival have come up trumps on this one with 7302 which is an extended balcony .....most chuffed for the $$$ :hearteyes:

Regards

John

Congratulations. Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Probably why I like most Princess ships!:cool:

I do prefer the more subtle decor of Princess and HAL, and even some of the Celebrity ships. What I remember fondly (and looking back on it) is sailing on the Mardi Gras (nee Empress of Canada), the first Carnival ship. That was around 1988. Her decor was rich dark wood and brass, very subtle. She looked like a "real" ship, not a floating hotel. She did not have of the (IMHO) garish lights and chrome, etc. But, there is always a trade off: she also had two separate beds in our cabin that could not be joined together, the head contained the toilet, shower and sink all in one tiny compartment with exposed plumbing, etc. The dining room was inside, no windows at all, the and swimming pool was also inside on one of the lower decks. Plus, CCL hasn't given me credit for sailing on her.....I guess their records were not too accurate back then.

So there are TONS of reasons to also like the newer ships!:cool: I recall never having a ship that made much of an impression on me one way or the other......excluding the Mardi Gras which was far and away the oldest ship on which we've sailed.