nightmare transfer bought from princess

sue gill

so im on the regal right now. i bought a transfer from lar airport to red hook port in new york we got to the airport at 1;10 pm . i was told a 20 min wait tops . 32 of us waited 3 and a half hours because of 2 peoples flight being delayed. we had to stand the whole time . they lied and said the bus wasnt there but i over heard there people say. we are not going untill everyone is here so they could go and because this was a repoisitioning cruise it would have been there last for awhile.they had to hold the ship for us.and then i women processing us told us to hurry we were holding everybody up.i paid 70 bucks for this treatment? im going to contact princess after the cruise because noone should be treated like that and those employees should be corrected. there were people in wheel chairs and people with walkers waiting all that time.next time i would trust princess with my transfer when dealing with new york.

so im on the regal right now. i bought a transfer from lar airport to red hook port in new york we got to the airport at 1;10 pm . i was told a 20 min wait tops . 32 of us waited 3 and a half hours because of 2 peoples flight being delayed. we had to stand the whole time . they lied and said the bus wasnt there but i over heard there people say. we are not going untill everyone is here so they could go and because this was a repoisitioning cruise it would have been there last for awhile.they had to hold the ship for us.and then i women processing us told us to hurry we were holding everybody up.i paid 70 bucks for this treatment? im going to contact princess after the cruise because noone should be treated like that and those employees should be corrected. there were people in wheel chairs and people with walkers waiting all that time.next time i would trust princess with my transfer when dealing with new york.

Not sure I understand. The title seems to say the Princess transfer process was a nightmare. But the final sentence says you'll take Princess transfers the next time?

If you purchased the transfer through Princess, you are spot on on how to handle this situation by reporting it directly to Princess. Do so in a calm, forthright manner and you will probably be ahead in the game since the person you will be speaking to was not responsible for what you went through. If, however, you purchased the transfer ashore from a third party at the airport, then realize that they are most probably not connected at all to Princess. There is no way that any number of people should be subjected to a wait like that regardless of the reason! Makes you wonder what they would have done if the other 2 passengers' flight had been cancelled, just left you at the airport?

Tom

Not sure I understand. The title seems to say the Princess transfer process was a nightmare. But the final sentence says you'll take Princess transfers the next time?

I think that must be a typing error. Pretty sure she means she wouldn't trust Princess next time.

OP, I don't blame you for being upset. Sounds awful having to stand and wait for all that time.

after the cruise because noone should be

kudos for the noone - did your overwrite after auto correct like I just did?:evilsmile:

Agree with relax and enjoy your cruise.

But don't leave this hanging until you get home.

Go to the shore excursions desk (they are the ones who deal with the transfers) and politely but firmly request a refund for the transfers due to how incompetently they were handled.

If you get no cooperation there, then stow it on the back burner until you get home. Do not let it cast a pall on the rest of your cruise.

And as for next time: when arriving so late in the day--and 1:30 PM is really too late for a same day cruise with the airport 40-45 minutes away; I assume you were at LaGuardia (LGA)--your plans should be to just hop in the very next taxi as soon as you find your luggage.

By the timing of your post, I assume you encountered this on Oct 29/30 while the major storm was blowing through. (?) Perhaps that caused some confusion. Hope you can relax now that you are on board.

I had a problem once with a disembarking transfer. I first contacted my travel agent, who talked to Princess with NO luck. I then called them and explained the situation, and they refunded the transfer and even gave me some OBC for a future cruise. My problem was not waiting but where they dropped me off. Good luck please let us know the outcome.

You should've gotten OFF the bus, taken a taxi and submitted the cost of the taxi to Princess once you're home (or to your outside insurance carrier if Princess doesn't pay you back). We did just that with an NCL transfer under similar circumstances. There is no reason for anyone to wait that long. It's worth $70 to you to not have that kind of grief and that kind of a start to your vacation. You have the power to make those kind of decisions - to decide what is reasonable and what isn't.