Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

Once again and all too often, I am embarrassed by the actions and inactions of the President.

I apologize.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hi Spins, you are preaching to the choir...…he slams everyone at the Summit after he leaves...….why doesn't anything surprise me anymore?...……I keep wondering how did the happen?:eek::mad:……..he is a freaking -------.

Can't post it or I will be banned from here...……..this guy will never change...…….is it 2020 yet?

Arghh.

I could opine how it happened Lois, but it will take too long.

I take some responsibility for it because the opposition wasn't tough enough and was complacent. Plus we had the meddlers and trolls.

We are here in the present and it's in our face every day. So yes, Mysty I do have to apologize.

Once again and all too often, I am embarrassed by the actions and inactions of the President.

I apologize.

Two more here.....sigh. Cannot tell you how unhappy we are with the embaressment we call our president.

Not a great and wonderful day here.....ashamed of our president and sobbing for the loss of Anthony Bourdain.

Good Afternoon All from the MS BoozeCrooze!

Last night was an interesting night from some many educational viewpoints.

I can’t post all details but I guess some I can. There was a bit of a party everywhere last night but the noisiest was at the pool bar. One guy who was extremely refreshed after what his friends said was fourteen hours of solid free liquids had been established on a bar stool and it was decided it was time for him to visit ‘the rest room”. Well he didn’t need to wait for the ‘rest room’ to rest because as he got to around 60% of vertical height he fell over and slumped in a heap between two stools. You may be suprised that no one from the staff rushed to assist, as I subsequently found out that they have strict instructions that there must be no physical contact or touching between staff and passengers. Security was called and he was ‘assisted’ back to his suite by two largish security staff.

I lied to you all when I said there were just 220 people here from Warehouse Utilities. Their is also another group hosted by The New York Times of I am told 47 people. This brings up the total of people on freebies two just under 270 out of a max of 370 passengers.

Today I had some salmon for lunch whilst everyone else seemed to be off the ship.

22aaa669d0de12a91ae7a834111be26b.jpg

And I’d like to thank fellow Coolers for sending a rescue ship to us appropriately called ‘Seefuchs’ ....

5eca315add7a5966f8c3e20e52aa5769.jpeg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good Afternoon All from the MS BoozeCrooze!

Last night was an interesting night from some many educational viewpoints.

I can’t post all details but I guess some I can. There was a bit of a party everywhere last night but the noisiest was at the pool bar. One guy who was extremely refreshed after what his friends said was fourteen hours of solid liquids had been established on a bar stool and it was decided it was time for him to visit ‘the rest room”. Well he didn’t need to wait for the ‘rest room’ to rest because as he got to around 60% of vertical height he fell over and slumped in a heap between two stools. You may be suprised that no one from the staff rushed to assist, as I subsequently found out that they have strict instructions that there must be no physical contact or touching between stafaa and passengers. S security was called and he was ‘assisted’ back to his suite.

I lied to you all when I said there were just 220 people here from Warehouse Utilities. Their is also another group hosted by The New York Times of I am told 47 people. This brings up the total of people on freebies two just under 270 out of a max of 370 passengers.

Today I had some salmon for lunch whilst everyone else seemed to be off the ship.

22aaa669d0de12a91ae7a834111be26b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That plate looks just like what DH has for lunch in La T.

Oh Dear J! The situation seems dire! I wonder how the employers of these buffoons feel about the reputation-al hit that may result from this "freebie" for their staff. :(

On the brighter side...your lunch looks yummy!

That lunch does look yummy:)

And Mysty, I agree with Spins about the apology...…….it is sincere and since the person causing the issue has never done it in his life (that should even say more about it)…..:eek:…….I keep thinking about my Dad (he died in 2011)……..I miss him every day of my life but I have to say, I am so glad he does not have to see what is happening now.:(

Oh Dear J! The situation seems dire! I wonder how the employers of these buffoons feel about the reputation-al hit that may result from this "freebie" for their staff. :(

On the brighter side...your lunch looks yummy!

It transpires that Utility Warehouse is a multi-level sales operation ie a bit like pyramid sales but you recruit people to sell and you earn a cut from each person and each level below. When they achieve a target they get to choose a reward and this was one of them. From listening it transpires that many of the people are only on a few hundred pounds a month but reached a target. Obviously and understandably if SS sells cruises to people on low earnings and tell them that they can drink for 24 hours a day for free it is hardly suprising when they do just that. Free booze on SS for them is a life changer.

I don’t think the owner of Utility Warehouse who is on board (i am told that he earns £67,000 monthly!) really cares a hoot, because what these people are currently selling and earning monthly “royalties” from can easily be done by a utility consolidation app just like a banking personal finance app and as soon as one is developed which offers punters cashback for using it to change utilities then I cannot see why someone would pay for SS cruises for people to come to their homes.

Wifey has told me to cancel the cruise planned for next year. It was a lot of cash and we just don’t think the lottery of what we might experience is worth the gamble.

Spins, yes light lunch with some Blanc. On the next table the guy was offered some Sauvignon Blanc and he said “No, can I have some white wine instead please”. So the waiter went off and got him some white wine instead.

Each time I find a quiet spot to have a cigar, they seem to find me and so far three of them have said “how much they like the smell of my cigar” and it is really clear that they are trying to “ponce” one off of me. There is so little space to escape from them.

:)

Jeff, I admire your stoicism so far. The behaviour you're describing would ruin my cruise.

How did you keep your face straight when you were overhearing the white wine conversation? I don't think I'd have managed it.

Hopefully this is just the group's initial excitement and perhaps they may calm down in a couple of days.

Are they on board for the duration of the cruise?

The name of that rescue boat gave me a smile.

This is when "noise cancelling" headphones are required J! And maybe some dark glasses. Oh and a large DO NOT DISTURB sign.

Sorry about the cruise cancellation and I think I would do the same thing. Playing Russian Roulette with an expensive cruise on the line is not a good bet based on your current situation.

What a waste of a good cigar that would be. I’m so sorry to hear about your fellow cruisers Jeff. Are they on for the entire voyage?

You never know, they may lose a few along the way to random acts of God such as alcohol poisoning or falling off the side. Sounds very possible at the rate they are going.

Are SS doing anything to manage the situation or are they just burying their heads in the sand again?

Here’s hoping things look up for you both.

To be honest I am suprised and appreciative of the tea and sympathy from fellow Coolers.

M, I had to have the Bose headphones on for much of the day and for the very first time I wished I had bought the Virtual Reality headset I bought to play and learn with but have yet to use. Noise AND vision cancelling has to be the way to go.

To all - yes my luck being what it is they will,all be on our plane returning. A story about the outward leg.

I noticed an assisted passanger being wheeled into the lounge and then to the plane. All people around her were sympathetic and nice and she got onto the plane and had 2A and 2C and she then stood with her back to the queue staring bewildered towards the rear of the plane whilst her husband esconced himself in 2A. Eventually the person behind her tapped her on the shoulder and asked whether the rest of the plane could get on. This confused her until someone helpfully suggested to her that this could be accomplished if she simply sat down. The plane filled - delayed by a few minutes, slot lost and 20 minutes late. When we arrive she was told to wait unti everyone else debarked but refused and we all had to wait for the palaver in reverse. She of course is on this cruise. So she had to be frst on the bus, sat at the front and we all waited for the palaver to get her off.

Couple of days ago round the pool they were I believe skiping family and were boasting about what service they had got at Heathrow that ‘didn’t cost a penny’ and ‘she didn’t have to walk for more than a foot or so’. This conversation was basically her and him shouting at the ipad which to be honest I found really irriating already being fairly grumpy about almost everything. So far so good.

A days later who should I see walking up the very steep narrow cobbled road in Lipary completely unaided and as sprightly as an antelope? Why do I allow myself the luxury of suprise My wife looked menacingly at me and said, ‘Not a word .... Not a single word’. So a word to them wasn’t said by yours truly and peace was kept.

I have noticed on theis cruise that the descriptions of each course everywhere has become excessively floral. In fact as the portion sizes have got smaller the descriptions have taken up the slack. In fact it is possible to eat the course in less time than it takes to read the description. Tonight I have learned that this ornate Gnocchi dish is ‘From the Garden’ which reminded me of that old BBC sketch of the spaghetti trees.

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Hi Dave,

yes these are my 2000 year Rafaels and no one gets their mits on those.

No no effort - invisible management. Some grumpy some OK. I think it would have been nice if they had taken the Terraza for one evening and for them to host a special meal for their ‘normal’ customers.

Hi, I have sailed REFLECTION before...….."good bleedin' riddance"?.....I know most of you don't like and don't sail mass market ships but I enjoyed my cruise on her...…:)

Lois

I'm sure your cruise on the mega ship was far better than what Jeff is experiencing on a so called small luxury vessel.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Forums mobile app

Hi, up until the summer of 2017 I had always sailed Mass Market. Most of them were very good.

Oh Lordy Jeff......what a nightmare...maybe it’s time to adopt the phonetic alphabet as in Foxtrot Oscar for some of the scenes you describe! 🧐

The wine tale is sooo funny though.....

Have you had a word with the HD? I’d be inclined to grab the MD of utilities too for a few choice words if only to vent my spleen....

Maybe start filming some of the ‘events’......

Am deeply sorry for you both........😔

Been a glorious day here again....off to start watering the flora.....😊

And now the Top Advisers are chiming in.......

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/white-house-adviser-kudlow-trump-trudeau-g7-summit-blame-1.4700061

"There's a special place in hell for any foreign leader that engages in bad faith diplomacy with President Donald J. Trump and then tries to stab him in the back on the way out the door," trade adviser Peter Navarro told Fox News.

Trump's economic adviser Larry Kudlow also slammed Trudeau's message on CNN's State of the Union, suggesting it was a betrayal of the U.S. president before Trump meets North Korean Leader Kim Jong-un in Singapore Tuesday.

"You don't walk away and start firing bullets," Kudlow said.

"POTUS is not going to let a Canadian prime minister push him around … on the eve of this," he said firmly. "Kim must not see American weakness.""

Enjoy the flora Miss S.!

ooooo........(lower case, please note) I'm so very sorry to hear of the Jeffies suffering. And yes, it's actually suffering now. We've been there, done that once and once was more than enough. I'm glad to see some levity is being maintained (so love the "rescue vessel!!!) Please try hard to be happy......thinking of you both.

Linda

Mysty, I saw that earlier this morning too.:eek::mad::rolleyes:……they had Kudlow on and I was watching...…..as for FOX?

They make me want to throw up.

Thanks Lois! Really does feel like things are getting nasty. I don't understand how they can think it's OK for DT to throw his weight around but it is not OK for JT to stand firm against it.