Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

Hey, mysty: remember when you posted that link about WestJet cancelling flights to San Juan? Seems they've cancelled flights to other places in the Caribbean as well, and their PR department is going to have to start working overtime, because this time it isn't the fault of the TAs.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/westjet-turks-and-caicos-airport-cancel-flights-hurricane-1.4407641

Greetings Coolers! Just back from a weekend visit to daughter and her family. Hectic household with the addition of a Leonberger puppy. She is 4 months old and comes to almost my hip. She will grow to about 120 to 130 pounds.

MLeh...thanks for posting the link. Does not cast WestJet in a very good light.

Interesting city and art posts! I enjoy being educated! :)

Miss S.....hope you find your flip-flops and adapters! And regarding the senior reference, this weekend our daughter introduced us as "The Olds". :(

Have a great day all!

Great to have you back at the bar M...sounds like you've had a good weekend with the offspring....plus furry one!

The 'Olds' made me giggle...son in law calls where l live 'pensioners row' due to the five dwellings in our wee close occupied by seniors....think I'm the youngest though which helps...a bit!😉

Good Afternoon Coolers, lovely to see people back at the bar for Liquid Monday!

Mleh, pleased you liked the two pics from Monet and Renoir ... it was a fascinating time for French art and a real shock for "the establishment".

Karin, you're most welcome ..... you will enjoy the Central more than Landtman because the Christmas market will have more tourists than normal at Landtman. And the market at Freyung is wonderful.

M, good to see a dog is named after a burger .... the Cooler has been far too quiet with you abandoning us for a few days. Welcome home! :)

Soapy, so looking forward to your cruise .... all that luxury and everything ... how are they going to keep you down on the farm now that you've seen gay Dubai .....

Today was some nice fresh clams in a Noily mariniere sauce with rosemary and potato sourdough for dipping ....... lovely for Monday eatings ... before and after piccies ......

79b7203484df28c135505459ba8bf260.jpg

2798319782b7b25054235c226c72bb9b.jpg

18fcf9738395ddf24ffb21f1a404fb92.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the Welcome Home J! Nice to know I was missed. :) Your meal looks soooooo yummy! We now have snow on the ground here so that lovely serving would be perfect for the grey and chilly day!

Here is a picture of a female Leonberger.

article-2607139-1D2ABB5400000578-506_634x674.jpg

P1010747.jpg

Nightmare! We had a dusting this morning. Have to put the snow tires on soon, I guess.

c950665bada720b652778b2d90d655ba.jpg

Bought a tasty duck for Thanksgiving dinner. Not traveling, as we are working Wednesday and Friday. But we will enjoy it.

When we got home from shopping yesterday, we had company in the side yard. Bold little buggers!

d7d88143c67f7dd46e2e48f13728568c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Love the ornamental grasses JP! We put snow tires on last week but turns out we need new ones. EEEEEK! Those babies are NOT cheap!

Your planned Thanksgiving meal sounds wonderful. Unfortunate that you both have to work before the holiday and after. I'm really enjoying your trip report! Thanks for the opportunity to tag along!

Jeff

I couldn't agree more.

We have so much to learn from those who came before us.

We just have to unlock the past.

I hope we can do so before its lost to climate change or looters.

There are so many lessons we must learn.

I was reticent to chat on JP's thread as I know some find it irritating and didn't want to do anything to disrupt his lovely thread.

I think that one of the things we're fortunate to have is so much documentation on how they thought. Those early philosophers knew a thing or two. And their earlier understanding of seasons and how to guage where they are in the seasons and how that resulted in cultivation rather than simply foraging. And the distances they travelled to trade and simply communicate.

Greetings Coolers!

Here is a light-hearted news story. Passengers at Toronto Pearson Airport found their flight from Toronto to St. John's was going to be delayed so they made the most of the disruption. Musicians hauled out their instruments and a Newfoundland Kitchen Party ensued. :)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/newfoundland-songs-kitchen-party-toronto-pearson-airport-1.4411678

Have a great day all!

Thanks JP.

Will I be able to get popcorn or milk duds with that?

We did a Pisco tasting afterwards. No popcorn. And we were in a small plane, so you don't want to eat much while viewing. Lots of tightly banked turns, and other aerial maneuvers, while at 1000 feet or less off the ground!

You do need a shot of Feuerwasser after a ride like that!

Peter, I am not familiar with that book. Will look for it.

Jeff, tasty food for a cold day. We have brilliant sunshine today, and it will break 50F/ 10C. So I took the convertible out for a run. Top down, heated seats on, winter coat, and gloves. Such fun!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Jeff, trade your lovely meatballs for.... nothing; I haven't planned any food for today...how about a pre-

Thanksgiving fast?

JP, we are sharing your wonderful day in our area... no convertible, oh no, still too cold for me.

All Coolers enjoy your day!

Meatballs look delish J! And in reference to your love of flight simulators here is a video of a 6 year old dropping some flight information to the flight crew in the cockpit. Amazingly smart little person!

https://www.wimp.com/six-year-old-dropping-some-knowledge-on-the-airplane-crew/

JP....what an exhilarating ride! Way too cold for that up here.

JP

Fellow pax went on Nazca plane ride, described it similarly. Said he busied himself with snapping pictures so as not to focus on tight turns, but he enjoyed it immensely.

Too hot here to put convertible top down.

I am busy with Thanksgiving prep.

Smoked turkey has arrived. Vegetable prep and stuffing prep. Haven't yet figured out dessert. Ouch.

Must determine serving platters and utensils. Have polished all silver to high sheen. Napery must be chosen. Time to put on the glitz. It's not only Thanksgiving but a big birthday milestone for me, and I plan to celebrate it.

DH big birthday coming up December 3.

Oh and Peter, I avoid stories about spiders.

I was bitten by a recluse spider and was quite ill for awhile. Needed treatment by a surgeon for the necrosis. Hence my avoidance, even if the story is fiction.

Have a grand day all!

Greetings Coolers!

Here is a light-hearted news story. Passengers at Toronto Pearson Airport found their flight from Toronto to St. John's was going to be delayed so they made the most of the disruption. Musicians hauled out their instruments and a Newfoundland Kitchen Party ensued. :)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/newfoundland-songs-kitchen-party-toronto-pearson-airport-1.4411678

Have a great day all!

Not a real Newfie kitchen party without someone playing the spoons. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sad but true Spins. And your Thanksgiving feast sounds awesome!!!!! On another topic...how did the refinished patio furniture turn out? You were missing seats at the last report. Even without seats, the furniture looked amazing!