Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

Good morning friends........my new appliances are being delivered today:D,,,,,,,,,,,,looking forward to it:)

I haven't been following too closely lately.....whoever is cruising, hope you are having fun.:)

And if I missed your birthday Mysty, Hope you had a happy one:)

Happy Birthday, mysty. Is today (11/11) your day? Easy to remember if it is! My DD was born on this day 28 years ago. I made a joke (while still in labour, and on some good drugs) that if the baby was a girl we could call her a Poppy. And if it was a boy we could call him Popeye. No one laughed. (My husband told me later they were afraid I was serious.)

Hope you have a good day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks MLeh! Yes today (11/11) is my day. I love your story about your daughter's birth. I would have laughed uproariously at the name suggestions if I had been in attendance! Serious suggestions or no! :) When I was in elementary school the other kids used to say that my birthday was on "Dead Day". I did not find that particularly amusing though.

Happy Birthday mysty.

Welcome to the wonder years!

And lest I forget,Go Orange, Go Green. It's all about the U. Go Canes!

Hi Spins, should be a good game for sure.......you probably know I am a Nole.......this has been the worst year we have

had since Bobby Bowden's first year:eek:......I can't honestly say I can root for the Canes but I do love Mark RIcht;)

Thanks MLeh! Yes today (11/11) is my day. I love your story about your daughter's birth. I would have laughed uproariously at the name suggestions if I had been in attendance! Serious suggestions or no! :) When I was in elementary school the other kids used to say that my birthday was on "Dead Day". I did not find that particularly amusing though.

Yup, my daughter had the same experience growing up.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Lois, it's ok. I get the rivalry between the noles and canes.

But it's still all about the U.

Really? Don't take Notre Dame for granted........they rush for over 200 yards per game.

Good Evening Coolers ......

Well, you pop out of the Cooler for a few hours and come back and find the neighbours in other threads behaving in a rather unfriendly boorish way to each other .... the odd outbreak of disdainful verbal brawling and disrespect no less! No bleeding' standards. :eek:

Time to switch on the popcorn machine and draw up a chair ....

People still setting off fireworks this evening so the celebrations go on.

Agreed J! I do not understand what the payoff is for the people who are being so disdainful, disrespectful and boorish? What do they get out of it? A feeling of superiority? Do they not realize how others view their unnecessarily spiteful comments?

The sad truth is that it doesn't bother them does it. They only care how others treat them and are extremely vocal if they feel they are wronged, but are totally self-obsessed and self-indulgent and seem to actually enjoy what they do to others. It is so easy to hurt someone's feelings when you can't see them isn't it. It is nasty and difficult to rationalise when it needn't nenthat way.

It does not need to be that way! I agree! And the sad thing is that they are branded with their nastiness. They may not care and yet they may find that very few people will be interested in interacting with them and may avoid them like the plague should they be on the same cruise.

Believe me I don't.

I was at obowl game in 67.

ND some nasty fans.

I will still be a cane fan no matter what.

Win or lose.

It's a game.

Well, you put a whooping on the Irish tonight:eek:.......I wasn't expecting a game like that..........

Congrats on the win. oh, every fan base has some nasty folks..........

I will be a Note no matter what too........sadly this year we totally suck..........

And speaking of Irish wins, I believe my boys gave the South Africans a bit of a thumping at the weekend.

Life here in the Wind is as awful as one might expect: the food is too good, the staff too helpful and the suite too comfortable but we shall suffer on regardless.

One sea day and today in malaga so far. Only 13 days of enforced hedonism left :-)

I'm told there are 210 pax but, as ever on SS, there is little sense of crowding. We are getting to know the ship and rather like it. We sense that the suite, 542, seems a teensy bit smaller than on the larger vessels and a separate shower would be a blessing. Otherwise it's fine, in fact it's just what we need.

So, take care, my children, see you all on the other side...

Greetings Coolers!

TTS, thanks for stopping by. Very happy to hear that you are enjoying your "suffering" at the hands of SS crew. :) Hope the journey continues to please! Please say hello to Penny for me if you happen to meet up with her.

Have a great day all!

TTS, how wonderful to visit Málaga! It's a lively, endearing city. I wish I could remember the name of a particular restaurant recommended to us by friends from Granada; the food delicious, and very near the port. Anyway, enjoy, and - of course - a warm hello to Penny.