Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

Excellent news re the mussels J! Did you ever track down the elusive chestnuts?

The First Class Suites on the Emirates look positively decadent! What a way to fly!

I did thanks ....

The first lot were extremely expensive but were all black inside. But lately they have all been very fresh and lovely. I slit them and boil them for fifteen minutes and then another fifiteen minutes in the airfryer.

Very good read, Jeff, thanks! We are very fond of Indian food and Roberto cooks some simple recipes. Our grandson, age 11, has declared Abuelo's chicken curry his favorite dish ever.

Thanks C,

I loved those two dishes ... one almost looked like a sort of red Thai lobster dish rather than Indian. But a fair amount of Keralan cookery uses coconut so there is similarities.

In an attempt to banish the grumpies Myster and I headed out to wrap the shrubs in burlap for the winter. The heavy snow has been known to crush the shrubs without some kind of shoring up with the burlap and jute twine. Fresh, cold air does clear brain cobwebs. I think they were shaken loose by my shivering. :)

Cam, enjoy it while you can! We had a dusting of snow and it lingers in nooks and crannies in the yard. It was above freezing here but not by much. I have a very low tolerance for cold and even in the slightly above freezing temps I was cold!

Hello coolers. I'm exhausted beyond belief, working 10 - 11+ hours every week day and traveling 2 hours each way on Saturday or Sunday each weekend to visit my disabled son in his new home (which he isn't happy in despite it being a very loving caring home). I'm physically and emotionally exhausted.

I haven't caught up with you all since last time I posted and I'm a little lost here in the cooler. But before checking in here I checked my Cruise Critic question thread about having my TA contact Silversea about changing our flights and adding on the hotel/transfers. Yikes.

I know I can work around it and have my TA get Silversea to (possibly) waive the penalty and change my flight and I could book a hotel for probably $150 less than I'm paying to have Silversea do it all, but I'm TIRED. I will know better next time but right now it's worth it to me to overpay just for the convenience. When I posted I hadn't realized how crazy my life was about to get. But sheesh. People certainly have strong opinions, and don't hesitate to let others know if they think you're being an idiot.

Oh, well. We're living in the glorious internet age and common courtesy and tolerance seem to be in scarce supply. So, I shuffled in here, knowing that you all are kind and considerate and have my barstool just waiting for me to come back.

Bartender... the usual. Better make it a double.

This nice, long Thanksgiving week break can't get her soon enough.

Actually, I'm dragging my daughter and myself to yoga in about half an hour. Then coming right back home to catch 6 hours sleep and do it all over again.

Napria, enjoy your favourite beverage here! You need to do what works best for you and be comfortable with your choice. No one else is walking in your shoes these days and therefore no one knows what is best for you at this point in time. Don't second guess your choice right now. You can make other choices in the future if that works for you at that point. For now, take a breath and relax.

Dear Napria, here's your double malt whiskey which you rightfully deserve! Enjoy! Like you, at this stage of my life I prefer to simplify things and, if I can afford it, why not? I sort of read over the thread you are referring to, and only remember somebody telling you you would be dumb (probably not that word) in paying more than you should for your piece of mind. OK... but it's your decision. Your barstool is always here for you and let's have some MacCallan!.

Welcome back Anne ..... at least you are making informed decisions.

Sadly many of the replies on that thread weren't bothered about asking you questions and understanding your situation, they merely felt their extremely strongly held opinions and preferences fit all people and regularly add a bit of rudeness fo the mix for some reason. To be honest, I had to bite my tongue because it was becoming a joke. If you have further questions I can't see that you would lose much benefit by posting them on The Cooler. You will be treated with courtesy and kindness and I think a bit more thought. In any event, I think you made the right decision because you are comfortable with it.

Tonight, I'm mixing you one of my specials. It is an antidepressant. It is called a Brave Bull with 50/50 Kahlua and Tequilla.

Jeff, I need one too. Vacation (almost) officially over. On the plane in Santiago. Fantastic trip but time to get back to reality.

At least I'll have time to relive it when I catch up with the trip blog. Catch up with you later from Atlanta! Doors closed. :(

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Greetings Coolers!

J...good luck with your machine! I strongly suggest that you don't cross your eyes. Makes it a little difficult to key. :)

JP...Welcome back. Your trip sounds like massive fun! Will follow along on your thread.

Have a great day all!

Thanks both ...

Well, it was noisy all the time before I "repaired" it and I'm well into the second day without any noise. The repair was my own invention and not anything I've found anyone else trying so it has no track record!

JP, so much looking forward to reading your impressions of some of the places you've been to - many of which I'm unlikely to ever get to. Inerested if so inclined to hear of the atmosphere on Easter Island for example. Was it too full of tourists to soak it in or did you feel you could soak up the atmosphere? Was there "an atmosphere" there? What was it like?

Hi All....

Anne, don't ever feel lost here on the cooler, you are always very welcome to vent away and ask away...

I'm sorry your general question on the boards left you feeling like an idiot...trust me when l tell you to ignore the nastiness and sarcasm...it's a regular occurrence and one that can leave a very sour taste in ones mouth....try starting a 'smoking' thread and you'll see far worse!!!😉

It never ceases to amaze me that folk will pay top dollar for a SS cruise yet scrimp on hotels and bicker about flights...SS included or not....we all have our own preferences and have to be comfortable with our decisions.

I'm also sorry that right now you are so stressed out and understandably so....as Jeff has said we are always happy to try and help and what we don't know we can always find out from our expert contacts....😊

Please do remember though that if you get to the bar before me my tipple is a very large Vodka with Diet Coke!

The coolers that know me also know that this sort of stuff makes my blood boil...and my message for those who can't be civil is to back off the boards and vent your spleen elsewhere...

Quiet day here in Wales....insomnia attack last night damn it...thankfully it's now just two weeks until we board the Spirit in Dubai.....and boy am l ready....

Happy Day

S😊

Enjoy Spirit, MissS. It should be a good cure for boiling blood.

Wonder what it will be like to visit Mumbai for just one day by cruise ship? Any plans for the overnight in Kerala? I've heard it's beautiful there, but we didn't come close to that area when we visited in February.

I am in Silversea withdrawal. Luckily we booked two more while onboard!

Finally have enough speed to look at the worst hotel rooms. Luckily, ours were better! Pretty amusing!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Edited by jpalbny

Too funny Jeff.

Hello all.

Watching our AG Sessions testify on Capitol Hill while I polish silver. At least I can get a task done while watching.

And I can get the tarnish off and leave the surface shiny and gleaming, an accomplishment not yet done by the questions, the questioners or the witness.

Hmmmm

Sent from my iPad using Forums

:D

It's all very well you all talking about important adult things, but I'm agonising over my weekend shopping basket! Kippers I think will be "in" but I'm wondering whether I could get away with some more mussels. They have been so good and fresh. Monday's was in a lovely Noily mariniere sauce and I'm thinking sweet red coconutty Thai curry sauce for the weekend with some baguette to dip with. Wifey is also developing a taste for toasted seedy sour dough.

Tommorow is a sort of mince beef and veg monster short-crust pasty.