Unlimited internet?

psternklar

from what I understand - unlimited is for Platinum and Elite on the ***** Preview cruises as a makeup for not all passengers being selected for the ***** experience. Enjoy the 'enhanced' internet - hopefully at least that works

It’s being tested on the Grand. Here are the flyers. The first is for Platinum/Elite, the second is for other passengers.

It’s my understanding that once it’s rolled out to the fleet, the packages will not be shareable. They’ll be one device only. That’s what friends were told by the IT person on the Grand a week ago. Personally, I can understand the limitation for unlimited but don’t understand why that would be the case for minute packages. Perhaps my friends weren’t given the correct information. We shall see.

477b25f01022faacd38c77da92070175.jpg

89892b75b6cd475939f0c0d90848bfa7.jpg

It’s being tested on the Grand. Here are the flyers. The first is for Platinum/Elite, the second is for other passengers.

It’s my understanding that once it’s rolled out to the fleet, the packages will not be shareable. They’ll be one device only. That’s what friends were told by the IT person on the Grand a week ago. Personally, I can understand the limitation for unlimited but don’t understand why that would be the case for minute packages. Perhaps my friends weren’t given the correct information. We shall see.

477b25f01022faacd38c77da92070175.jpg

89892b75b6cd475939f0c0d90848bfa7.jpg

Nothing with Princess would surprise me, but this would be a reach even for Princess. Many people use two devices on a regular basis. I suppose one could set up a hotspot on one device to use the second device with the same package.

Certainly understandable requirement not to share the package with other passengers.

I am on the Emerald I can attest that the regular internet is terrible.

The title was wrong. All the packages have MB limits, with the max being 500 MB/day.

By looking at the flyer, it seems you will get max of 500mb/day of "premium" traffic. So it's essentially unlimited, with only 500mb/day being faster tier. After, you will get throttled.

By looking at the flyer, it seems you will get max of 500mb/day of "premium" traffic. So it's essentially unlimited, with only 500mb/day being faster tier. After, you will get throttled.

I don't see anything that says after 500 MB you are throttled to a slower speed.

I think it's 500 and done for that day.

Was on Grand last week. For the middle (surf) it was $99 for the week (7 days). I am not platinum or elite. Speed was fine and switched between 2 devices multiple time but only 1 device is active at a time, which makes sense, would be a problem if limited to 1 device for me (iPad & phone). No limit and I downloaded some stuff for work - a bit slow on download but otherwise was fine. The 500MB is the speed not the amount of data.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't see anything that says after 500 MB you are throttled to a slower speed.

I think it's 500 and done for that day.

I think that is an open question which came up on the first big thread for this change. I am not sure if anyone knows what the final situation will be as Grand setup is an experiment of sorts.

I think that is an open question which came up on the first big thread for this change. I am not sure if anyone knows what the final situation will be as Grand setup is an experiment of sorts.

Yes.

With no offense to Mr. Meanee, I don't see the two pages being consistent with each other.

I think we need some more real world experience...

Yes.

With no offense to Mr. Meanee, I don't see the two pages being consistent with each other.

I think we need some more real world experience...

None taken. New product + crappy documentation = confused people.

I am seeing two flyers as perhaps two different "versions" of a service they would offer. Also, it does not seem to be a place where you can purchase additional traffic on their 500mb/day package. It would be very poor for cruise line to simply cut you off the moment you reach your limit and not to allow you to purchase more. So while wording is confusing, I still believe it's 500mb/day high speed, rest is throttled. Similar setup been used by cell phone industry for years.

Also, I would be very curious to find out what do they mean by premium and not premium bandwidth. What is the difference.

Edit: Their "voice/video services may not be available" protection is laughable. This can be overridden in minutes.

The documentation is confusing. Mega Bytes (MB) refers to file size while Mega bits per second (Mbps) refers to internet speed. The references to 200 MB, 300 MB, and 500 MB would appear to refer to file size. That is a fairly large amount of data unless you want to spend the day streaming YouTube videos with the Premium Plan. If you were allowed to stream Netflix, the 500 MB would only get you around 30 minutes of standard quality video streaming. The information for the Platinum benefit does not state unlimited internet as is stated on the general plan information.

My biggest gripe is the outrageous pricing in the Princess trial as compared to the current pricing for the same plans on Carnival.

Carnival's price for the Social Plan is $5/day versus the Princess trial of $14.95/day or 200% more.

Carnival's price for the Surf (Value) Plan is $12/day versus the Princess trial of $24.95/day or 108% more.

Carnival's price for the Premium Plan is $17.70/day versus the Princess trial of $29.95/day or 69% more.

Come on Princess, stop trying to charge such higher fees for the same service as on Carnival [emoji45][emoji45]

The documentation is confusing. Mega Bytes (MB) refers to file size while Mega bits per second (Mbps) refers to internet speed. The references to 200 MB, 300 MB, and 500 MB would appear to refer to file size. That is a fairly large amount of data unless you want to spend the day streaming YouTube videos with the Premium Plan. If you were allowed to stream Netflix, the 500 MB would only get you around 30 minutes of standard quality video streaming. The information for the Platinum benefit does not state unlimited internet as is stated on the general plan information.

I find it extremely confusing since I've yet to sail under the plan. How could it be unlimited with a usage cap each day.....:confused::confused::confused:

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G