Upgrade Fairy Lives!

For our Freedom OTS cruise in December, there was a significant price drop. I was able to contact my PVP, and ask about possible upgrades from our hump balcony, and he recommended I call the C&A Loyalty Desk.

15 minute phone call and we are in a suite-guarantee, and received $100 OBC for the price difference. Final payment was in September.

I'm glad that the upgrade fairy came through for us.

Assuming you did a self upgrade for extra cost? Nice to get that extra 100.00 OBC. :)

The true upgrade fairy (the freebie one) has become more and more illusive in the last few years...sigh. :(

Congrats on the upgrade! :D Always pays to check!

Assuming you did a self upgrade for extra cost? Nice to get that extra 100.00 OBC. :)

The true upgrade fairy (the freebie one) has become more and more illusive in the last few years...sigh. :(

Congrats on the upgrade! :D Always pays to check!

We called, asked, and received for no cost. We got the OBC because of the price difference of when I booked 6/1 and what the drop is now.

For our Freedom OTS cruise in December, there was a significant price drop. I was able to contact my PVP, and ask about possible upgrades from our hump balcony, and he recommended I call the C&A Loyalty Desk.

15 minute phone call and we are in a suite-guarantee, and received $100 OBC for the price difference. Final payment was in September.

I'm glad that the upgrade fairy came through for us.

Nice! I wonder if the OBC was from a promo going on now, and not for the price difference.

Nice! I wonder if the OBC was from a promo going on now, and not for the price difference.

That was my thought, since they had to go to resolutions to get our price to be less due to our original promos.

When I booked we got:

-BOGO 60% off

-$75 off pp for the sailing away sale

-$200 off for a C&A discount

We had no OBC.

Now, we have no booking promos showing on the invoice for the same amount, just the OBC added at the bottom.

Interesting. I wish RCCL was consistent in their policies. We booked interior a long time a long, I mean a long time ago and we saw that today, the balcony cabins are priced lower than the inside cabins. Yeah. Called them and they were happy to upgrade us to the balcony cabin. However, they wanted to take away all OBC that I had received from booking early. They said that today's price is only for new bookings.

Interesting. I wish RCCL was consistent in their policies. We booked interior a long time a long, I mean a long time ago and we saw that today, the balcony cabins are priced lower than the inside cabins. Yeah. Called them and they were happy to upgrade us to the balcony cabin. However, they wanted to take away all OBC that I had received from booking early. They said that today's price is only for new bookings.

That sounds consistent to me. Most of their promotions are for new bookings only so you would have to cancel and rebook under the current promo (which doesn't include the OBC I assume from your post).

That's the way it is supposed to work, unless the OBC came from booking on board or perhaps from your TA

I think it was probably from the promo. I paid $4 for a gty upgrade, after final payment, for our December cruise and they also gave me a $50 extra OBC from the promo for that sale. We went from an OV to a gty balcony. The sale only lasted a couple hours. Still waiting for our cabin assignment. It’s been at least 3 weeks now. Don’t know why they can’t give us our assignment as they have been sold out of balconies since the sale......

Gwen [emoji3]

I called and got my cabin changed to a hump JS on 9. The kind representative informed me that we will get double cruise points for this sailing. She made my day!

That is indeed the one big benefit of upgrading yourself to a JS versus a surprise visit from the upgrade fairy...you get the double points.

Win..win..win for you!! :)

My one and only upgrade was a total surprise to a JS from a D1...and of course did not get the double points...but loved the extra space. And also did the same thing as you did, changed out when a better cabin location came up. ;)