Mariner Discount

I'd say it's high time to correct the FAQs!

When we have booked Pinnacle for ourselves and our guests, they never asked guests' names or cab in numb ers. The person/ca bin occupants of who makes the reser vation is the only place a rem inder notification is delivered.

How much are you willing to wager on that? Whatever the amount, I'll take your bet because I have, in fact, called HAL (to make PG reservations for a group diner) and was told that, since I was hosting the dinner and paying for it, my Mariner 4-Star discount would be applied to the entire dinner and credited to my account on board after the dinner.

IMO a bet less than $20 is not worth making, so I'm looking forward to receiving my winnings of not less than $20 - you can pick the amount. Please post your e-mail address on here so I can send you my mailing address.

Thanks for making CC a profitable venture for me.

i would guess if at least a few of us were to call reps and ask, some reps would feed us conrtary information. :eek: Seems to be something of a pattern with them.

I offered richwmn the bet, not you.[/color][/size][/font]

Okay.

Hey, richwmn, suggest you take jtl513's bet, since she/he has not rescinded the offer ... and make it worth your while since jtl513 did not limit the size of bet she/he was willing to take. BTW if you need "proof" in order to collect on the bet, I'd be happy to provide you documentary evidence (the confirming e-mail I received from HAL) to prove your point.

Good luck ...

i would guess if at least a few of us were to call reps and ask, some reps would feed us conrtary information. :eek: Seems to be something of a pattern with them.

You may be right, sail7seas, although my experience is exactly opposite. In any event, you can do what I do when an important matter is at stake - request written confirmation of the answer/advice the HAL reps gives you. And, yes, they have provided written confirmations whenever I have requested them.

Granted this happened on our only cruise with a multitude of problems....

On the Koningsdam in January I made lunch reservations for ourselves and 4 others. The others were 0 and 3-star, we were 4-star. The Pinnacle DID ask me for the cabin numbers of the other 2 couples. They then charged me half price for DH, me, and the 3-star couple. Then they charged the 0-star couple full price on their account!

Knowing this was wrong because of reading CC plus personal prior experience, we contested it. After many visits and phone calls they finally got it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Okay.

Hey, richwmn, suggest you take jtl513's bet, since she/he has not rescinded the offer ... and make it worth your while since jtl513 did not limit the size of bet she/he was willing to take. BTW if you need "proof" in order to collect on the bet, I'd be happy to provide you documentary evidence (the confirming e-mail I received from HAL) to prove your point.

Good luck ...

Actually, I wouldn't take the bet. Reason is that if 3 different people call HAL they are likely to get 4 different answers to any question. Quite often it takes the customer knowing what can happen to make it so. This problem is not restricted to HAL, it happens with any large corporation that has a group of people who only answer the phone.

They then charged me half price for DH, me, and the 3-star couple. Then they charged the 0-star couple full price on their account!

Knowing this was wrong because of reading CC plus personal prior experience, we contested it. After many visits and phone calls they finally got it right.

But according to FAQ 14 (see post #5) they were right, and the 3-stars should have gotten 25% off, not your 50%. Being 4-star, I'm all in favor of giving the discount rate of whoever makes the booking, but that's not what the current policy states. If you call HAL for the right answer as avian777 always suggests, they should tell you that our 4-star benefits do not extend to the 3-star and 0-star couples. Or they should change the official policy to what is the common practice. Edited by jtl513

Granted this happened on our only cruise with a multitude of problems....

On the Koningsdam in January I made lunch reservations for ourselves and 4 others. The others were 0 and 3-star, we were 4-star. The Pinnacle DID ask me for the cabin numbers of the other 2 couples. They then charged me half price for DH, me, and the 3-star couple. Then they charged the 0-star couple full price on their account!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is not surprising since one couple was billed separately for some reason. That is a bit unusual. They got the discount (0) for their status.

If the diners were my guests then the charge should be reflective of my status. If I only made the reservations, and each cabin was paying their own way, then I would expect that their charges would be reflective of their status as well.

If the diners were my guests then the charge should be reflective of my status. If I only made the reservations, and each cabin was paying their own way, then I would expect that their charges would be reflective of their status as well.
That makes perfect sense to me, but it's not the way I understand the policy at present. It does seem to be the way it's done most of the time, but not always.

And this has been our experience ever since we achieved 4-Star status. We have never been asked the Star status of our dinner guests, and thus the 50% discount has been applied to the full price of the dinner which we booked well in advance of our cruise. Easy, peasy!

Smooth sailing :) :) :)

In our experience when they look at your reservation on the computer your star status is visible to them, as it is when you check in at the dining room.

In our experience when they look at your reservation on the computer your star status is visible to them, as it is when you check in at the dining room.

Absolutely correct but, if I make an online reservation for 4, 6 or 8 people the only name showing on the reservation is mine and my star status ;) The reminder comes to my cabin only.

On board, they sometimes ask for the other names and cabin numbers but they have also not if I am hosting - just my name, cabin # and # of people. If everyone is paying for their own, then they always get the names and cabin numbers ;)

Absolutely correct but, if I make an online reservation for 4, 6 or 8 people the only name showing on the reservation is mine and my star status ;) The reminder comes to my cabin only.

On board, they sometimes ask for the other names and cabin numbers but they have also not if I am hosting - just my name, cabin # and # of people. If everyone is paying for their own, then they always get the names and cabin numbers ;)

When I book on line, they know my cabin number and name and thus my mariner star levvel but never do they know the names of my guests.

But according to FAQ 14 (see post #5) they were right, and the 3-stars should have gotten 25% off, not your 50%. Being 4-star, I'm all in favor of giving the discount rate of whoever makes the booking, but that's not what the current policy states. If you call HAL for the right answer as avian777 always suggests, they should tell you that our 4-star benefits do not extend to the 3-star and 0-star couples. Or they should change the official policy to what is the common practice.

This is not surprising since one couple was billed separately for some reason. That is a bit unusual. They got the discount (0) for their status.

Agree about getting a different answer if I called HAL. Common practice is different, as you said.

The booking was made by me and paid for by me. The Pinnacle did agree, finally. Mistakes were always blamed on the "night auditor"....and he made more mistakes than this one, but too much to go into here. ;):D