Day 3 of No TV on the Regal

Todd320

It’s been 3 days and counting with no TV on the Regal. All we are told is that IT is working on it and we are not the only cabin affected. The ship is divide into 7 zones and all cabins in zone 1 are affected. Also we have no TV in the sanctuary cabana.

It’s all part of the Medallion project. They have 102 cabins in zone 3 testing the medallion on this cruise.

Captain said when we get back to Port Everglades they are mounting 2 more round satellite globes on the ship. Eventually he said that Princess is going to tout the fastest internet on the sea’s but right now I want our TV working.

It’s been 3 days and counting with no TV on the Regal. All we are told is that IT is working on it and we are not the only cabin affected. The ship is divide into 7 zones and all cabins in zone 1 are affected. Also we have no TV in the sanctuary cabana.

It’s all part of the Medallion project. They have 102 cabins in zone 3 testing the medallion on this cruise.

Captain said when we get back to Port Everglades they are mounting 2 more round satellite globes on the ship. Eventually he said that Princess is going to tout the fastest internet on the sea’s but right now I want our TV working.

I didn't think this cruise was part of the the testing for the medallions.

Hopefully they can straighten this out before you end. Have you gone to customer relations?

I was on the Sapphire when they were installing the on-demand TV system. Not only didn’t I have TV but there were repeated visits by technicians who needed to get into my cabin. Didn’t mind the no TV... that’s not a biggie as I generally don’t watch it while on a cruise but the frequent technician visits were a PITA and disruptive.

Hopefully they can straighten this out before you end. Have you gone to customer relations?

Maybe, they are testing it by zone where OP is now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe, they are testing it by zone where OP is now.

It’s surprising since the ocean.com isn’t up and running yet to input your data. I was told it would be next week. They must have decided to start early and maybe set it up on the ship.

I would be also be unhappy if the television wasn't working. I would be more concerned about missing the ship's announcements. If it's an emergency, there's the loud speaker in the cabin, but I'm referring to other announcements like changes in docking time, the naturalists in Alaska and the Panama Canal, etc.

If I'm paying for a cruise, there are minimal expectations that come with the cabin. It should be clean and it should have a working television, refrigerator, toilet, sink, and shower. Depending on the problem, there should be some sort of compensation. Dinner at a specialty restaurant goes a long way. Just sayin':D

We are on the Regal right now. Besides no TV and it does matter to many passengers, the Internet has been hideous. I have been going on at 3am to send a message to our family. Forget sending a photo. The internet manager told me I didn’t know how to work my iPhone. Really?!? Why do I suddenly know how in the middle of the night. It’s been frustrating. :eek:Today seems a bit better.

Denise

You are correct that passenger testing has not started yet. Only corporate types are currently testing the medallion onboard and only during certain hours.

The captain did make a special announcement and apology regarding the TV’s being inop for 3 days and counting.

I miss the TV for the news as back ground noise while getting ready for dinner and the wife likes the on demand movies during bed time.

Exactly. I can't fall asleep without music or tv, so this would be a biggie for me, nit to mention how i use the tv to drown out other forms of noise like noisy adjoining cabin neighbors.

We like to have the music station on as background while we are in the cabin. On our last cruise on the Grand Princess, there was no music channel. :( We left the navigation channel on. Neither of us have any problem missing the news.

we only book interior rooms now - will accept an upgrade/upsell - and usually just have the tv on at night to the bridge cam station - or the stats channel

Ha ha, we do the same thing when we have an interior. The bridge cam channel is our window. Sure would miss it if it wasn’t working.

You are correct that passenger testing has not started yet. Only corporate types are currently testing the medallion onboard and only during certain hours.

The captain did make a special announcement and apology regarding the TV’s being inop for 3 days and counting.

I miss the TV for the news as back ground noise while getting ready for dinner and the wife likes the on demand movies during bed time.

I hope they are doing something for you all.

My husband watches the on demand movies while I get ready for dinner so would not be a happy camper.

We are on the Regal right now. Besides no TV and it does matter to many passengers, the Internet has been hideous. I have been going on at 3am to send a message to our family. Forget sending a photo. The internet manager told me I didn’t know how to work my iPhone. Really?!? Why do I suddenly know how in the middle of the night. It’s been frustrating. :eek:Today seems a bit better.

Denise

Very disappointing to hear this. Our internet worked quite well back in March on the Regal, and the Internet last month on Celebrity Equinox was very good! Hmm, maybe I will keep my X cruise after all in April and not transfer over to the Regal

We like to have the music station on as background while we are in the cabin. On our last cruise on the Grand Princess, there was no music channel. :( We left the navigation channel on. Neither of us have any problem missing the news.

We really enjoy the on demand music channels on the Regal and the many movies available.

It sounds like one of the primary nodes that distributes data/video throughout that area has failed. Depending on the nature of the failure, they may not have the necessary replacement unit aboard and are trying to bypass it, which will be a challenge the way the architecture is set up. Is it just live TV affected or is the whole system down including onboard channels (very different repair scenarios there in terms of a bypass)

If they need to replace the whole unit it may have to wait until a unit can catch up to them at a port (those things are not cheap and typically pretty stable so may not be an extra on board)

Do you happen to know which cabins are in which zones? We are on one of the testing cruises. We were told that we will not get the medallion. I sure hope they will not be messing with the tvs then. I look forward to the movies on Demand.

Do you happen to know which cabins are in which zones? We are on one of the testing cruises. We were told that we will not get the medallion. I sure hope they will not be messing with the tvs then. I look forward to the movies on Demand.

Movies on demand are a nice way to relax in the afternoon on a sea day. Great that we can start and stop them as we wish.

The on demand tv is something we love on the Regal and Royal and like OP I would not be a happy camper. After dinner and a show we love to get into bed and watch movies or old Love Boat episodes. I hope it gets fixed soon

During our September cruise on Caribbean Princess the old Love Boat episodes were not available. Is Princess still carrying them on other ships?

During our September cruise on Caribbean Princess the old Love Boat episodes were not available. Is Princess still carrying them on other ships?

The Regal and Royal have a fairly large on demand program and movie list, which includes Love Boat episodes.