Day 3 of No TV on the Regal

Todd320

During our September cruise on Caribbean Princess the old Love Boat episodes were not available. Is Princess still carrying them on other ships?

The Grand Princess did not have them in September on our San Francisco-Alaska cruise.

It’s been 3 days and counting with no TV on the Regal. All we are told is that IT is working on it and we are not the only cabin affected. The ship is divide into 7 zones and all cabins in zone 1 are affected. Also we have no TV in the sanctuary cabana.

It’s all part of the Medallion project. They have 102 cabins in zone 3 testing the medallion on this cruise.

Captain said when we get back to Port Everglades they are mounting 2 more round satellite globes on the ship. Eventually he said that Princess is going to tout the fastest internet on the sea’s but right now I want our TV working.

Not good at all.

It’s been 3 days and counting with no TV on the Regal. All we are told is that IT is working on it and we are not the only cabin affected. The ship is divide into 7 zones and all cabins in zone 1 are affected. Also we have no TV in the sanctuary cabana.

It’s all part of the Medallion project. They have 102 cabins in zone 3 testing the medallion on this cruise.

Do you know how the zones are laid out? I will be on the Regal in the very near future...

TV's started working late afternoon yesterday.

We did receive $100 of refundable OBC per person for 3 days of no TV. As we would of rather had the television working but Princess did step to the plate to make an apology/restitution.

We did receive $100 of refundable OBC per person for 3 days of no TV. As we would of rather had the television working but Princess did step to the plate to make an apology/restitution.

I'm happy for you :)

Do you know how the zones are laid out? I will be on the Regal in the very near future...

There are 7 zones on the ship regarding cabins. If your cabin # starts with 1 your in zone 1 and so on.

I ‘m not are how accurate the following is but we were told 102 cabins in zone 3 were going to be the first group tested. I have not looked to see if cabins in zone 3 have the new doors yet but I did see that cabin L204 has the new door hardware and iPad type device mounted on the wall to the right of the door. There is no slot for the cabin key but we were told the cruise card can open the door by holding it close to the door like hotel room keys.

TV's started working late afternoon yesterday. We did receive $100 of refundable OBC per person for 3 days of no TV. As we would of rather had the television working but Princess did step to the plate to make an apology/restitution.

So glad to hear! Princess really did the right thing. We were on the Grand Princess 2 years ago when it had a fire. They gave us our cruise fare back, some onboard credit, and 150% of our fare in cash and a credit. I ended up with over $7K! My last 2 cruises in suites have been free. And the cruise with the fire was still great.

We'll be getting on the Regal tomorrow and SO glad to hear that the TV's are working. How's the internet speed?

There are 7 zones on the ship regarding cabins. If your cabin # starts with 1 your in zone 1 and so on.

I ‘m not are how accurate the following is but we were told 102 cabins in zone 3 were going to be the first group tested. I have not looked to see if cabins in zone 3 have the new doors yet but I did see that cabin L204 has the new door hardware and iPad type device mounted on the wall to the right of the door. There is no slot for the cabin key but we were told the cruise card can open the door by holding it close to the door like hotel room keys.

I am on the 26 Nov sailing of the Regal Princess and someone on our thread who is in cabin L2xx had been notified he is getting an *****.

I was also on the Regal Princess ( Fourth time on this ship ). It was a great cruise with a very active roll call with lots of activities. My tv was one that went out also. When I get up I like to see a little news as well as while I am changing for different activities. While I enjoy tv it wasn't going to let it ruin this cruise. I thought it was a generous move for Princess to give us that OBC.

Sali

I'm sailing Nov 26 on the Regal, we booked this cruise because of the Medallion feature...think its unfair that the cruise was advertised as having it and now it doesn't.....thinking some false advertising going on

Captain said when we get back to Port Everglades they are mounting 2 more round satellite globes on the ship. Eventually he said that Princess is going to tout the fastest internet on the sea’s but right now I want our TV working.

It would be stunning (in a good way) if princess had something faster than

voom on royal caribbean.

It's not false advertising if something isn't ready that is not material to the product provided and that at the time the advert was made it was reasonably expected to be ready (i.e it doesn't affect ability to use the facilities overall) - and even then the cruise contract covers a lot of sins.

I'm sailing Nov 26 on the Regal, we booked this cruise because of the Medallion feature...think its unfair that the cruise was advertised as having it and now it doesn't.....thinking some false advertising going on

The company behind Voom is putting up more satellites in end of 2018 that are not already booked by RCCL so its possible Princess could get in on that.

Even just adding a few more channels will help.

It would be stunning (in a good way) if princess had something faster than

voom on royal caribbean.

It's not false advertising if something isn't ready that is not material to the product provided and that at the time the advert was made it was reasonably expected to be ready (i.e it doesn't affect ability to use the facilities overall) - and even then the cruise contract covers a lot of sins.

OK, bait - ***** cruise for everybody on the cruise !!!!!

Switch - but, not really, only a select few cabins !!!!

Club class mini's - you pick if you wanted the extra frills and pay extra

That didn't happen with the *****

That's great. I'd gladly give up a working TV to get that much OBC per person.

Good to hear they did that and it was a smart move.