Rotterdam refurbishment

Cruizer Bill

To Cruiser Bill:

We met you on the back deck on Lido circa 10 pm one of the nights in the second week. I had the ham walkie talkies and Project Fi internet phone. Is there a way we can talk privately. We had much to talk about then, even more now. Isn't there any messaging path in this forum ?

My travel agent called me tonight. She called HAL and they do not show the credits the letters we received in the last days of the sailings offered. So I need a contact, I want to do this private and offline but this forum gives me no choice but to ask for help herein.

Sailed on the Rotterdam in December of 2016 and definitely was a classic ship. Sure, it needed upgrades was the service was impeccable in Pinnacle Grill and in the Mix Bar. Cabin was also clean, but needed a refurbishment. Nothing was abused, just normal wear and tear.

The ship looks so different post drydock. An entire new color scheme throughout and the looks more modern with those classic Holland America Line features like artwork and flowers. The Pinnacle Grill, Lido Marketplace and public areas look entirely different. It will feel like a different ship, with the best layout afloat in the HAL fleet. This is certainly the direction HAL needs to go in as the clientele is becoming a bit more youthful, mixed with long-time dedicated HAL cruisers.

My travel agent called me tonight. She called HAL and they do not show the credits the letters we received in the last days of the sailings offered. So I need a contact, I want to do this private and offline but this forum gives me no choice but to ask for help herein.

Try Info -at- hollandamerica dot com

Should work , that’ s the adress I use when I need to get in touch .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you Bill for the wonderful pictures. I am sailing on her Jan. 7th and being new to HAL, along with two others in our group, I was getting a bit nervous about some of the stories floating around here. I am much more relaxed now as to what to expect. Paul

So Trivia is not hosted by the Cruise Director anymore ??? Tell me that is not true..:o

And are all the Vista suites redecorated as well ? We are on the Rotterdam next april, the last cruise on her was in june 16, the Vista' s were up to some work even then...

Trivia was hosted by the Assistant Cruise Director. Very well attended!

It is clear to me now that Cruise Critic is censoring reviews. Blocking all the reviews that folks take an hour composing regarding the Rotterdam. How much HAL monies are you guys getting for your 'keeping the forum clean?'

I expect to get banned for this comment, but I challenge C/C to prove me wrong. Leave this up and show me I am wrong, it's not too late.