Magens Beach, St. Thomas question

Zeldamarie

First timer to St. Thomas in December on the Equinox. Does anyone know if there are lockers at Magens Beach? I’m traveling solo and don’t have anyone (at this point) with whom to leave my stuff while going in the ocean. Wondering if the beach excursion is not feasible for me...Thanks in advance for your input. Also, has anyone been since the cleanup after the hurricanes? Status report?

What will you have with you? Your credit card, ship's key and even cash CAN get wet if they need to. Or, find someone sitting next to you with a ship's towel (there will be TONS of others from your ship), and ask if they will "watch" your stuff while you get wet. I stick my stuff in the pages of an old paperback book...no one wants crappy stuff! They will not be stealing your shorts or flip flops.... and you can keep an eye on your stuff while you're getting wet.

From wikipedia...google search

The beach and surrounding park are currently administered by the semi-autonomous Magens Bay Authority. The services provided by the Authority include lifeguards, parking, showers and bathrooms. There is a snack counter, bar and souvenir shop. Beach chairs, floats, lounge chairs, mask and snorkels, fins, towels, lockers, paddleboards, kayaks, and paddleboats can be rented.[1] The Authority is a self-sustaining entity which funds its operations through a per-person entrance fee (currently $4.00 for visitors and $2.00 for locals[2]), parking fees, and payments received from the park's restaurant and rental concessions.

And there are little waterproof things that you can wear around your waist or your neck and they hold your iPhone and sea pass card, some money and ID. Just take in the water with you. I forget what they're called and mine are packed away, but you can google. They work great.

There are all kinds of things like fake sunscreen bottles that have a bottom that unscrews for valuables.

I observed a couple actually burying their stuff in the sand under their towel. Of course, if I saw it, then someone else could too.

Have fun and don't forego a fun beach day. You'll figure it out!! And the suggestion about someone from the ship watching your stuff is true. I would do it and I'm sure most others would as well.

We bought a Kyss Bag. It locks and you can secure it to your chair or umbrella. It works great. You can Google it.

I love mine (medium size) also. Of course, the chain could always be cut at a port, but I think making it harder to just pick up and walk away with bag is good to do. We strap the bag's chain around our beach chairs, lock it and sort of cover the bag and chain up with towels.

Had mine for about 3 or 4 years, live in FL and use it often at local beaches and vacations.

We bought a Kyss Bag. It locks and you can secure it to your chair or umbrella. It works great. You can Google it.

I also use a KYSS bag....can't recommend it enough. I never have to worry about my "stuff" anymore.

Kim