Early flight and transfer question

Turtle05

I booked the earliest recommended flight out for my Alaskan cruise (round trip from Seattle). My flight is at 11:30. I currently have a transfer from the ship to the airport, but do you think I should just grab a cab or book some other sort of transportation? I've read some disturbing reviews that make me anxious about this.

Not only is it faster and more comfortable but oftentimes less expensive when 2 or more are in the taxi. You may want to check what time you disembark using ship provided bus and compare that with self assist or by tag number option.

I had a 11am flight out off SEA in July. I did self disembarkment and took Seattle Shuttle. They tell you on their confirmation email where to meet at the dock. Princess recommends flights not before 11:30am so you might not be able to take their transfer.

Seattle Shuttle and Seattle Express were recommended on Cruise Critic - Port of Call - West Coast.

We have an early return flight booked from Fort Lauderdale. Departs at 9:30am. Per the itinerary, the Royal Princess arrives at 6am. Do you think we will have any issues making the flight? We will carry all of our luggage off the ship.

We have an early return flight booked from Fort Lauderdale. Departs at 9:30am. Per the itinerary, the Royal Princess arrives at 6am. Do you think we will have any issues making the flight? We will carry all of our luggage off the ship.

Departing at 9:30am? Yikes! :o IMO that will be a very stressful situation. If you do walk-off disembarkation and get in the taxi line ASAP, you're still going to be cutting it really close. The first passengers usually aren't off the ship before 7:30am, then there's customs to go through. You have to hope that the customs officials are ready to receive passengers early too. Then you can have long lines at FLL security. I suppose it's possible but I sure wouldn't risk that early of a flight.

Some days you will make it with times to spare. Other times you will spend the day at the airport hoping to clear the standby list for a later flight. I don't like the hassle of worrying, so I would not do it.