Unique Differences HOS vs Oasis of the Seas

GTO-Girl

I must be having a slow day today. I don't get it. And I didn't have any drink package last night either so that isn't the reason.

They live so close to Port Canaveral that they can probably see the top of the ships and hear the horns. Guessing they know where the ships dock in Port Canaveral. ;) :cool: We that live locally think it is so stupid for RCI to call the port "Orlando". :o Listed as "Orlando's Port Canaveral" Really? Would that be like Chrysler's Ford??

But perhaps the reason you don't get it....is that you actually need a drink!! :confused: :D Drink

up my friend...it will come to you!

Edited by island lady

I wonder if CATS will stay on Oasis

Harmony has stretching area on jogging track forward

Hand washing stations in WJ

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I think I noticed Hairspray is going to be on Symphony? That was a funny

show!

I missed seeing Chicago, (I think used to be on Allure...not sure) which I would have loved to see.

Oasis DL on 11 windows are so foggy and distorted you can't see much anyway. :halo:

Yeah, I was in there one time when poor Beatrice had to put up with a guy that really gave her a lot of loud grief about those windows. Said he was going to report her to Cruise Critic. :confused::eek:;p:evilsmile:

They live so close to Port Canaveral that they can probably see the top of the ships and hear the horns. Guessing they know where the ships dock in Port Canaveral. ;) :cool: We that live locally think it is so stupid for RCI to call the port "Orlando". :o Listed as "Orlando's Port Canaveral" Really? Would that be like Chrysler's Ford??

But perhaps the reason you don't get it....is that you actually need a drink!! :confused: :D Drink

It's weird to call it Orlando, but it makes total sense from a marketing stand point.

I think I noticed Hairspray is going to be on Symphony? That was a funny

show!

I missed seeing Chicago, (I think used to be on Allure...not sure) which I would have loved to see.

Chicago was on Allure. I didn't really care for the story line or the music. I very much enjoyed Hairspray on Oasis and looking forward to Mamma Mia on Allure.

I have to wait until February. At least that is the wait time if I want to have a drink on a ship.

It's weird to call it Orlando, but it makes total sense from a marketing stand point.

True...if it was close. But Orlando is 45-50 miles away and in the middle of the state.

They call Cape Liberty...Cape Liberty. Not New York or Newark. And those cities are much closer to Cape Liberty. :confused:

Or how about Galveston being called Houston? ;)

I have to wait until February. At least that is the wait time if I want to have a drink on a ship.

Ahh...I thought maybe you were on one right now. Well....you could always book another one before that to get a warm up before the February cruise! :D

True...if it was close. But Orlando is 45-50 miles away and in the middle of the state.

They call Cape Liberty...Cape Liberty. Not New York or Newark. And those cities are much closer to Cape Liberty. :confused:

Or how about Galveston being called Houston? ;)

I'm surprised Cape Liberty isn't called NY. But I am certain there is reasoning behind these decisions. I think it has a lot to do with Florida having so many ports, that calling it Orlando helps instantly distinguish the location for travelers unfamiliar with the State. If you are sailing out of Florida, it can be confusing. Orlando makes it simple.

LOL!! Totally agree. :o ;)

I really do find that annoying when RCI posts Oasis and MJ sailing from Orlando. :(

Orlando is land locked, mid state, and 45 miles from Port Canaveral. It is not even in the same county.

Port Canaveral is .....Port Canaveral. Not Orlando. :rolleyes:

It's cute when coasties like to pretend they don't depend on Orlando for nearly everything. Maybe it is better referred to as Central Florida? I get that. You are Port Canaveral and you know it!

The thing is, it *IS* called Port Canaveral on everything, but almost every port in the entire world that isn't directly in a city is referred to by the closest bigger city. This isn't some unique thing.

Athens is actually in Piraeus.

Berlin is in Warnemunde. (150 miles away!!!!!!!!)

Florence is in Livorno.

Houston is in Galveston. (lots of US people say Galveston, but people outside say Houston)

London could mean Dover or Southampton or Harwich. (all 3 are about 80 miles away in 3 different directions)

Los Angeles could be San Pedro or Long Beach.

Paris is Le Havre. (120 miles away)

Rome is Civitavecchia. (basically the same as Orlando/PC)

Tokyo is Yokohama.

There are plenty more, but PC isn't unique. It's just personal because you want to not be called Orlando.

I'm surprised Cape Liberty isn't called NY. But I am certain there is reasoning behind these decisions. I think it has a lot to do with Florida having so many ports, that calling it Orlando helps instantly distinguish the location for travelers unfamiliar with the State. If you are sailing out of Florida, it can be confusing. Orlando makes it simple.

I would never assume Orlando to be a port town, no matter where in the country I lived.

:confused:;)

It's cute when coasties like to pretend they don't depend on Orlando for nearly everything. Maybe it is better referred to as Central Florida? I get that. You are Port Canaveral and you know it!

The thing is, it *IS* called Port Canaveral on everything, but almost every port in the entire world that isn't directly in a city is referred to by the closest bigger city. This isn't some unique thing.

Athens is actually in Piraeus.

Berlin is in Warnemunde. (150 miles away!!!!!!!!)

Florence is in Livorno.

Houston is in Galveston. (lots of US people say Galveston, but people outside say Houston)

London could mean Dover or Southampton or Harwich. (all 3 are about 80 miles away in 3 different directions)

Los Angeles could be San Pedro or Long Beach.

Paris is Le Havre. (120 miles away)

Rome is Civitavecchia. (basically the same as Orlando/PC)

Tokyo is Yokohama.

There are plenty more, but PC isn't unique. It's just personal because you want to not be called Orlando.

Sorry...but I don't depend on Orlando for anything but an airport...then again we also have Melbourne to use. ;)

Wonder if I should schedule some scuba diving, surfing, deep sea fishing, or beach time in Orlando. Hmmm....:cool:

And if you pull up RCI ports....it actually IS called Southampton, Civitavecchia, Harwich, Galveston...etc. For some reason no one gets confused on those. Wonder why?