Review of Norwegian Jewel - 5 nights to Tasmania

Actually I got my cabin re-priced twice since the original booking with extra EXTRAS thrown in - many reported upgrading to a Suite for around $100 extra so my experience was not unique!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We re fared the one we were going to do a few times before we had to cancel.

We re fared the one we were going to do a few times before we had to cancel.

A real pity you had to cancel Mr Gut especially as now you may have been able to manage OK [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A real pity you had to cancel Mr Gut especially as now you may have been able to manage OK [emoji15]

Yeah, but still not sure I’d have handled the tendering, so while part of me keeps saying I wish I’d held off, another part is glad I called it off while I could without any loss of deposit.

What annoys me the most is I took an annual Insurance policy that I think now only covered 7 days.

Yeah, but still not sure I’d have handled the tendering, so while part of me keeps saying I wish I’d held off, another part is glad I called it off while I could without any loss of deposit.

What annoys me the most is I took an annual Insurance policy that I think now only covered 7 days.

You will live to fight another day Mr Gut, just keep eating those pies old son, build up your stamina for another cruse adventure.:halo:

Oh no! It must just be my photos as the Norwegian Jewel does not have all the dark panelling that Carnival Spirit has - does have a very happy crew just like the Spirit though - had a Meet & Greet before lunch to which about 8-10 Officers attended including the Captain!

The Cruise Director is an Aussie - not sure how long he's been on board!

Sounds like a good turnout by the officers.

Actually I got my cabin re-priced twice since the original booking with extra EXTRAS thrown in - many reported upgrading to a Suite for around $100 extra so my experience was not unique!

Glad it worked well for you, the extras were nice but still made it pricey and adding getting the time off it all became too difficult.

The entertainment in the Theatre has been great with the best so far on Monday with the “Burn The Floor” Show!

Simply outstanding & energetic dancing & great singers as well!

Right up there as one of my favourite cruise shows!

No photography allowed so nothing to show you - sorry!

[emoji1323]🕺🏻

Yesterday Burnie put on a great day for us! Hundreds of volunteers to help us out with things to see & do!

I had not pre-booked anything but was directed to a small coach tour of 3.5 hours which took in some surrounding countryside & small villages.

Since the timber processing plant moved out of Burnie they need to rely more & more on the tourist $$’s

Here are some photos taken in the area:

0e1ddcd182ca21c8c8cec6c0b6802fbe.jpg75ac7b8acd6791bc71b1dbc8a410c1b8.jpg792e28fbf61fc98c4e9e7088957c9eb6.jpge29ac1313f877254e6eba0bf58d69709.jpgbe13cdb548a3fc5abbb4e74a9444d747.jpg7e87ee2502ff40123d0b7d76b6d44edb.jpg

This morning we arrived in Hobart at 10am.

Very slow leaving the ship with only 1 gangway in use.

Had to almost sprint to catch the Ferry up to MONA - Museum of New & Modern Art which I’d booked for 11.00am.

8a6ff208774b00e750c35b66de65efce.jpgf072f736b3a3c6c6bc24cd907620202c.jpgf06aa6170b4f399f261468896955ba4a.jpg

MONA - Museum of New Art is a very interesting place in that it’s mostly underground - if you’re not OK with steps you would probably have a real problem there!

I think they state 95 steps from the Ferry Jetty up to the front door then a spiral staircase that takes you down into the bowels of the earth where you pick up your interactive devices to explain a little about each art display - all very interesting if you manage to forget that daylight & the way out are both way above you!

After about 1.5 hours both my bladder & empty stomach (no breakfast this morning were complaining so I found my way back upstairs.

Unisex toilets then a reasonable cafe for lunch out in the sun which quite quickly changed into the threat of a spring storm so took an early ferry back to Hobart dock but yes still got caught in the rain.

So instead of the HOHO bus into town I’ve headed back to the ship for coffee & a little bite to eat.

Some more photos from today - whilst you aren’t able to take photos of the exhibits I took photos of the displays on the interactive device you’re supplied with! [emoji14]

3815cc42614d524555c09c23ece6f7a4.jpgaae7c7efd040e5698aae826e37116ee9.jpg1b1d899bb447073575a8b120216ab9fe.jpg3445bda571c1c2c110a4be493c63f56c.jpgfcd20e9baf8e07f9897f034e5f9c0560.jpg73ac094818349191be9383a5d744c3ee.jpg

The entertainment in the Theatre has been great with the best so far on Monday with the “Burn The Floor” Show!

[emoji1323]

Hi Gae.

Glad you are enjoying the ship so far.

Agree with you about the shows. Simply the best... Just spent 7 weeks on that ship, and got to see them all several times. Hopefully you will still get to experience "Le Cirque Bijou"..

On the individual entertainer side, make sure you get to be entertained by Taylor Kundolf. Best pianist/singer we have ever seen on a ship. Usually has a stint in atrium but mainly Magnums of a night.

Favourite drinks waiter was Ji Sun, a beautiful Chinese girl on her first contract with NCL.. She works the mainly Spinnaker, and she will remember our group..

Food wise, our preference was Cagneys or Le Bistro, but Moderno OK if you specify medium rare.. (bit overdone skewars sometimes).

Have fun..

Sue and Phil

Edited by Big Kev

Hi Gae.

Glad you are enjoying the ship so far.

Agree with you about the shows. Simply the best... Just spent 7 weeks on that ship, and got to see them all several times. Hopefully you will still get to experience "Le Cirque Bijou"..

On the individual entertainer side, make sure you get to be entertained by Taylor Kundolf. Best pianist/singer we have ever seen on a ship. Usually has a stint in atrium but mainly Magnums of a night.

Favourite drinks waiter was Ji Sun, a beautiful Chinese girl on her first contract with NCL.. She works the mainly Spinnaker, and she will remember our group..

Food wise, our preference was Cagneys or Le Bistro, but Moderno OK if you specify medium rare.. (bit overdone skewars sometimes).

Have fun..

Sue and Phil

Yes Sue & Phil - we have Le Cirque Bijou to enjoy tonight!

Have experienced both Cagney's & Le Bistro with Moderno booked for tomorrow night!

Haven't heard Taylor yet - I wonder if perhaps she (he?) may have disembarked in Sydney?

Enjoyed the Reggae Group in the Fyzz Lounge last night before ending up at the Spinnaker Lounge enjoying Fire & Ice!

Oh just noticed "Piano entertainment with Taylor" in Magnum's tonight at 9.30! Will be sure to find my way there after the Theatre Show!

Regards - Gae from Coffs Harbour!

Gae, are you able to confirm something for me please? Have heard that in the shops onboard there are signs up saying that there is a $50 pp spend limit due to Australian Customs Rules for Domestic Cruises. (Have never come across this at all on RCI or Carnival on the domestic cruises we've done)

[emoji1323]🕺🏻

Loved that show.

Gae, are you able to confirm something for me please? Have heard that in the shops onboard there are signs up saying that there is a $50 pp spend limit due to Australian Customs Rules for Domestic Cruises. (Have never come across this at all on RCI or Carnival on the domestic cruises we've done)

Yes will check for you later when they re-open but believe it could be true for those just sailing domestically - Cunard wouldn't allow us to make any purchase in their duty-free shops so I suspect this limit will just be for the Duty Free shops here on board!

I think that is mainly a yank superstition.

Yes, but the majority of the ships are Yank ? :halo:

After all, as a dedicated Princess Cruiser..I want to 'Escape Completely and Come Back New.' Not embark on ye old Mary Celeste, Titanic or Luisitania. God Bless their Immortal Souls. So I don't mind no 13 Deck on Princess ships.

What say ye?

Yes will check for you later when they re-open but believe it could be true for those just sailing domestically - Cunard wouldn't allow us to make any purchase in their duty-free shops so I suspect this limit will just be for the Duty Free shops here on board!

We had a similar thing on a couple of Princess (Aussie) Coastal cruises .

Yes, but the majority of the ships are Yank ? :halo:

After all, as a dedicated Princess Cruiser..I want to 'Escape Completely and Come Back New.' Not embark on ye old Mary Celeste, Titanic or Luisitania. God Bless their Immortal Souls. So I don't mind no 13 Deck on Princess ships.

What say ye?

LOL, I am a realist and can count and just because they call it the 14th floor, I know it is really the 13th.:D