Review of Norwegian Jewel - 5 nights to Tasmania

Thanks Gae for your review AND the photos. From someone who's never really worked out how to post the photos on here, it makes for good viewing.

I agree, a review can simply go in the review area, but a review with photos needs to be in the forum and especially if the reviewer is doing a live (blog style) review. I think a picture says a thousand words so the photos are much better and are open to everyone's own interpretation of what is pictured (i.e Décor - good or bad)

Thanks Gae for your review AND the photos. From someone who's never really worked out how to post the photos on here, it makes for good viewing.

Thanks Mr Walker - I take the photos using my iPhone then access Cruise Critic via the app on the phone - after typing some text I press the 2nd button from the left which looks like a mountain in a frame which takes you to your photos - select & post!

Now that I’ve said that I’ll just check that it works that way:

2e91e9cca2078feb772bf61f58974045.jpg

Yes it does - not sure if I mentioned that it was my new friends that won the Free Cruise at Bingo!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks Mr Walker - I take the photos using my iPhone then access Cruise Critic via the app on the phone - after typing some text I press the 2nd button from the left which looks like a mountain in a frame which takes you to your photos - select & post!

Interesting that the Cruise Critic app actually stores the photos on the Tapatalk CDN @ https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171122/2e91e9cca2078feb772bf61f58974045.jpg

Tapatalk client is good too - maybe the CC one has caught up in terms of functionality (or is actually based on Tapatalk by the look of it)

It's certainly great to be able to include photos in posts easily without having to save them somewhere beforehand

Interesting prize - 7 day Caribbean cruise - that just leaves the small matter of airfares to take it up...

Thanks for your posts and review

Gai, I have a fabulous driver called Jim that we sms the day before or that morning, he takes us from Airport to hotel, hotel to OPT or White Bay or where ever!!!

We have been using him for about 4 years now, $15 each and if he can't make it he sends a colleague.

If he picks us up from OPT and isnt full I try to get others to fill his van.

We three are on Jewel in January. Would you send me Jim's number please? We used the same shuttle as Gae from the OPT in June, but would love an airport-to-OPT driver. Carol carolpart59 at gmail for com. Thank you.

Generally gratuities are already included in the package.

In America NCL hit you for 18% of the value of the included packages drinks and dining.

When we had ours booked there was no mention that we’d be charged it.

We three are on Jewel in January. Would you send me Jim's number please? We used the same shuttle as Gae from the OPT in June, but would love an airport-to-OPT driver. Carol carolpart59 at gmail for com. Thank you.

Hi Carol, have sent you an email:)

Yep, seasoned bingoites as well by the look.

BYO Dobber, as you do. Cheaper than the ones on the ship.:cool:

Now you non bingo types will be saying...'What is a Dobber.' Blot the numbers out on thy bingo card.!

Thanks for that - I will give it a go!

A lot of places use the punch cards now.

I had never been to Bingo before so it was a real revelation to me!

It has it’s own “culture” that’s for sure!

Yes it was the punch hole cards used.

The top prize was $5000 which was not won though someone did win $2000.

The Free Cruise winners have to fly to the US for their “free” cruise or they can elect to receive $1000 off an NCL Cruise anywhere else.

I must email them to find out what they decided on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums