Cost at Slice or Salty Dog?

Kruzkrazy

" Salty Dog Grill " and " Salty Dog Gastropub " - are 2 different venues, correct?

Yes. The Salty Dog Grill is the new name for the Trident Grill on Lido deck. The Salty Dog Gastropub is a sit-down area. On Emerald Princess it's part of the Wheelhouse Bar (stupid in my opinion but...)

I already posted a link to the page to download the Salty Dog Grill menu above. Here is where you can get the Salty Dog Gastropub menu: https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/specialty-restaurants/the-salty-dog-gastropub/

Is the Slice pizza any better than the Lido Deck pizza on other ships?

Having just got off of the Ruby, I would say yes, the Slice pizza is better than the Lido deck pizzeria. The Ruby has not been upgraded yet to Slice. Slice also has Stromboli that is yummy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 9 months later...
Is the Salty Dog on the Regal too?

No gastropub on CB.

Salty Dog Gastropub is on Crown, Emerald and Ruby Princess. A "pop up" quasi Specialty restaurant held in Wheelhouse Bar each evening.

The Salty Dog Grill is on Caribbean and Crown Princess. Offers a new menu for the former Trident Grill on the Lido deck, with one upcharge burger item (with or without a beer pairing).

Hope this clears that up. And whether the branding of two venues as "Salty Dog" on Crown Princess is a one-off, or a predictor of further spreading upcharge opportunities, remains to be seen...

• 9 months later...
On 11/26/2017 at 1:53 PM, Thrak said:

I certainly hope so. It would be pretty hard to be worse...

👍I so agree. Can't understand why people here post that it's the best pizza at sea. The pizza on other lines must be truly horrible. DH absolutely loves pizza and he won't touch the ones on the ship. I tolerate pizza, one bite was all it took for me.

8 hours ago, saururu said:

Does Slice Pizzeria on the Crown Princess still have regular pepperoni pizza slices daily? That was my husband's favorite thing to eat at the old pizzeria.

Yes every day, cheese pizza, pepperoni pizza and a special.

We enjoy the pizza. Find it tasty. Slice is basically a new model of the old pizza stand with some additional menu items.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, skynight said:

Yes every day, cheese pizza, pepperoni pizza and a special.

We enjoy the pizza. Find it tasty. Slice is basically a new model of the old pizza stand with some additional menu items.

Well that's very interesting. We had a Slice pizza place on a different ship and there was no indication of pepperoni pizza on the menu boards nor did they claim to have pepperoni. Pepperoni isn't listed in the online menu, either. Just Margherita and the daily special. None of the daily specials were appealing to my wife or me. 

Just now, AZJerry said:

Well that's very interesting. We had a Slice pizza place on a different ship and there was no indication of pepperoni pizza on the menu boards nor did they claim to have pepperoni. Pepperoni isn't listed in the online menu, either. Just Margherita and the daily special. None of the daily specials were appealing to my wife or me. 

Last year on the Caribbean Slice had pepperoni. Maybe they no longer have it. Would be sad as pepperoni is the most popular topping.

On 6/30/2019 at 5:13 AM, JF - retired RRT said:

👍I so agree. Can't understand why people here post that it's the best pizza at sea. The pizza on other lines must be truly horrible. DH absolutely loves pizza and he won't touch the ones on the ship. I tolerate pizza, one bite was all it took for me.

I've always assumed those quotes refer to Alfredo's, not the top deck pizza bar. I tried both on the Sapphire, Alfredo's was fantastic, Prego was nothing special. I guess it's all down to personal taste.