Finally!!

indychristine

My husband and I have been on 13 (is that right?? I think lol) cruises. We have sailed NCL, CCL, RCCL, and DCL, Disney being the one we have cruised the most. And yes, sans kids. :)

I have been saying for a few years that I was to try Celebrity! We booked once, with friends, they had to cancel so we did too. That is the closest I came to doing it! Until now!

We are booked,for our anniversary cruise, on Equinox! March 3.

I'm excited. Just wanted to say so!

Anybody have any tips? Best kept secrets? Places to relax that are off the beaten path? Anything like that?

I would appreciate any tips!

Thanks and have a great day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christine,

We have done 10 cruises on Celebrity and 6 on NCL as well as some river cruises. We enjoyed all our cruises, but prefer Celebrity. Celebrity has consistently provided excellent food and service with very good entertainment. Most of our cruises have been two week cruises and you get more retired people (older group) than on 7 day cruises.

Celebrity's ships, are well designed with none of the crowded mega ships like the NCL Epic (our least favorite ship). Celebrity travelers tend to be well traveled and not liable to be rude or show their butts flopping in the pool.

NCL has slightly better entertainment and we do like their variety of specialty restaurants. We hardly ever dine at the specialty restaurants on Celebrity, since the MDR food is excellent.

One thing that has taken place with Celebrity in the past couple of years is the bundling of most of its cruises with promos like the beverage packages. We don't want any of the promos and prefer the base line pricing, which is cheaper. You can still find this on transatlantic cruises. You might find Celebrity to be priced (with the bundled prices) higher than some of the other cruise lines.

I suggest you do some searching as there's lots of info on the celebrity board. You will see a difference to some of the others. Celebrity has so much space that you can often sit on your own if you want to. Hot glass show is great, the seats up at the sunset bar are great.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Christine. You are going to love Celebrity - welcome to the forum. Lots of great information in existing threads that cover beverage packages, dinners - specialty and main dining room (mdr), shore excursions, cabin location, etc. A thread search will be your best friend. The best suggestion that I can give is to relax and enjoy the trip. The ship staff are going to take excellent care of you.

P.S. You might get some additional replies to this thread if you change the subject to something more specific than "Finally" - although, it got me to look lol.

Our favorite place to hang out during the day is the Sky Lounge. It is usually pretty empty during the day, even on a sea day. The views are great, the seats are comfortable and it is a nice quiet spot during the day. The one caveat is the bar does not open until the afternoon so if you want a drink you need to walk....

We just took our first Celebrity cruise in September/October 2017, and enjoyed it so much we booked another while on board. Liked the ambience, space, and classiness. After trying a few lines, we think we've found a "home".

There have already been mentions of the Hot Glass Show, so I want to add an explanation. This is a feature of the first three S-class ships: art-glass artists from the Corning Museum [in upstate NY] do multiple shows throughout the cruise in which they create [and narrate] several beautiful pieces of glass. At the end of most shows they give away one of the pieces to a lucky audience member. And at the end of the cruise they have an auction of half a dozen terrific pieces [the proceeds go the Corning Museum scholarship fund]. DW and I attended one show just because it was something to do -- and got hooked! It's too bad that Celebrity didn't continue this on the newer S-class ships [and it may go away when the existing ships get their 'Edge-iziation' treatment] -- so enjoy it now!!!

Christine,

We have done 10 cruises on Celebrity and 6 on NCL as well as some river cruises. We enjoyed all our cruises, but prefer Celebrity. Celebrity has consistently provided excellent food and service with very good entertainment. Most of our cruises have been two week cruises and you get more retired people (older group) than on 7 day cruises.

Celebrity's ships, are well designed with none of the crowded mega ships like the NCL Epic (our least favorite ship). Celebrity travelers tend to be well traveled and not liable to be rude or show their butts flopping in the pool.

NCL has slightly better entertainment and we do like their variety of specialty restaurants. We hardly ever dine at the specialty restaurants on Celebrity, since the MDR food is excellent.

One thing that has taken place with Celebrity in the past couple of years is the bundling of most of its cruises with promos like the beverage packages. We don't want any of the promos and prefer the base line pricing, which is cheaper. You can still find this on transatlantic cruises. You might find Celebrity to be priced (with the bundled prices) higher than some of the other cruise lines.

Thank you for the kind reply. Lots of info!!

Yes, we chose no add - ons.

Thank you everyone for your kind replies!

I was going to thank you each separately, then realized I would clog the thread..... so a collective "thank you" will have to due!! Lol

Thank you for all the great tips!

And thank you Host Jazz for the glass blowing explanation!! We won't be missing that.

After reading all of your replies- we are even more excited for our first sail aboard Celebrity!!

Strongly suggest you keep reading posts between now and your cruise! We picked up lots of interesting ideas on dining, entertainment and even drinks before our first Celebrity cruise.

Even now, after many cruises, we will still pick up new things! Last cruise it was trying an Aspen Coffee...I didn’t like it but such good fun looking forward to it!

As another poster said as you have queries keep starting new threads with specific questions...by the time you board you will know all the tricks to make the most of your cruise!

Have a wonderful time!

We discovered that the window tables at the back of buffet (just before the doors to the outside) tend to be empty the first few days. We had a nice table without waiting until about the third or fourth day. On reflection you are near the coffee machine as well.

Well even though we haven't paid our final payment we were assigned our cabin. We did a verandah GTY. We have been assigned cabin 6176......

I was surprised to see assignments since we haven't final paid.

Thanks for the relies! And tips!! I really Appreciate them!

My husband and I have been on 13 (is that right?? I think lol) cruises. We have sailed NCL, CCL, RCCL, and DCL, Disney being the one we have cruised the most. And yes, sans kids. :)

I have been saying for a few years that I was to try Celebrity! We booked once, with friends, they had to cancel so we did too. That is the closest I came to doing it! Until now!

Anybody have any tips? Best kept secrets? Places to relax that are off the beaten path? Anything like that?

Indy---We are also on the March 3 Equinox! I could have written the post you did---same cruiselines prior, with DCL the most and never on Celebrity. We will be celebrating our anniversary as well. Looking forward to a great experience on X!!!

Hi

You can join the roll call for your sailing and ask questions there too.

Also you may find that you can get a lot

of info about excursions trips etc, also you are in a nice

cabin but watch out if 6240comes available and switch

Has a big balcony

Enjoy your cruise Equinox is a great ship

Indy---We are also on the March 3 Equinox! I could have written the post you did---same cruiselines prior, with DCL the most and never on Celebrity. We will be celebrating our anniversary as well. Looking forward to a great experience on X!!!

Mousefans! Wow! That's pretty amazing!! Well we are also looking forward to a great experience on X!!

Look forward to hearing about yours!

Hi

You can join the roll call for your sailing and ask questions there too.

Also you may find that you can get a lot

of info about excursions trips etc, also you are in a nice

cabin but watch out if 6240comes available and switch

Has a big balcony

Enjoy your cruise Equinox is a great ship

Thanks for the reply and info!!

Mousefans! Wow! That's pretty amazing!! Well we are also looking forward to a great experience on X!!

Look forward to hearing about yours!

You have a few more under your belt...but I don't mind trying to play catch up! :) Looking forward to meeting you!