Bailey's

KSprite01

Is Bailey's or other Irish Cream available for purchase by the bottle (to have back in your room)? If so, anyone know the current pricing?

Baileys is available by the glass in the bars.

Edited by Scotty G

Not 100% true. RC has a gifts page and on some ships, you can buy a bottle package. Bailey's is not an option though. Rum, Vodka, Gin and Scotch are.

Have never seen that. Can you tell which ships do?

ps, just checked out Rhapsody cruise next year and Rum was an option. Did not look thru entire list!

Have never seen that. Can you tell which ships do?

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/onboard-delivery/

Easier to say which don't!

This product is not available on the following ships:

• Anthem of the Seas
  • Brilliance of the Seas
  • Explorer of the Seas
  • Freedom of the Seas
  • Independence of the Seas
  • Jewel of the Seas
  • Legend of the Seas
  • Mariner of the Seas
  • Navigator of the Seas
  • Ovation of the Seas
  • Quantum of the Seas
  • Radiance of the Seas
  • Rhapsody of the Seas
  • Splendour of the Seas
  • Serenade of the Seas
  • Voyager of the Seas

Strange that the Anthem is on that list. Those options were available on our Anthem Cruise last March. Well, I don't recall the scotch being an option, it might have been but the Rum and Bombay Sapphire definitely were.

dp

I enjoy Bailey's and coffee as a treat in the morning. You can buy shots on board, and I do. I also often bring a couple miniatures with me. They have not been a problem. In fact, we have brought miniatures back to the ship (as gifts) and security hasn't taken them.

Simple solution: Book a b2b, and you'll have it for the second cruise. ;)

More reliable solution is to make friends with someone getting off after the first cruise of a B2B. Pay them to purchase and they give you the bottle(s) on the last night.

The OP brings up an interesting point.

I wonder if the cruise lines could consider selling alcohol by the bottle (while at sea) with the provision it is kept at the bar venue of your choice for consumption by the passenger.

Just a thought...

Interesting idea, unless it got too popular and the bar had to keep track of a hundred bottles.

Interesting idea, unless it got too popular and the bar had to keep track of a hundred bottles.

I suppose it could be sold in the form of drink card. There are an exact amount of available ounces in a bottles, and bartenders could punch them as they are being used up from different bars not necessarily from that particular bottle. Perhaps even chose other available liquors to use up your card... Oh wait... they already have a drink card. They just don't like to sell it:rolleyes:

dp

I just wish they would allow you to bring a bottle (purchased on the ship) to your cabin. I like to relax and have a drink while DW is getting ready for dinner. Being able to pour my own would be so much easier. If I buy the bottle on the ship, they're still making money off of me. Charge me a corkage fee! I don't care. I just want the convenience of having a bottle in my cabin.

I just wish they would allow you to bring a bottle (purchased on the ship) to your cabin. I like to relax and have a drink while DW is getting ready for dinner. Being able to pour my own would be so much easier. If I buy the bottle on the ship, they're still making money off of me. Charge me a corkage fee! I don't care. I just want the convenience of having a bottle in my cabin.

I'm with you on that. With the bev package it is easy to stock up the room fridge with beer but sometimes, a good stiff drink is what it takes. That is usually when I take a walk to the closest bar with both our cards and bring back 2 drinks to the room.

dp

You used to be able to but haven’t since the George Smith case.