Pacific Princess

Cruzinram

We discovered the Pacific Princess earlier this year and just love it. So much in fact we are sailing on the Dec 22 14 night Caribbean sailing. Can someone tell me what to expect on this sailing regarding the formal night dress. How do most of the passengers dress for a warm weather journey. i.e tux or suit etc. What age demographic should we expect also?

We discovered the Pacific Princess earlier this year and just love it. So much in fact we are sailing on the Dec 22 14 night Caribbean sailing. Can someone tell me what to expect on this sailing regarding the formal night dress. How do most of the passengers dress for a warm weather journey. i.e tux or suit etc. What age demographic should we expect also?

Generally, the smaller ships have a higher standard of dress. They are sailed by passengers who can take longer journeys and enjoy how cruising used to be. We found that formal nights and casual nights had a "classier" for lack of a better word, vibe. As you know from sailing on her, everything is just a bit more elegant.

Enjoy!

We have been on the Pacific Princess several times. We are also on the Dec. 22 cruise. Average age is older. Some people are more formal. Smaller ships are not for everyone (ie: less activity); but much more friendly. The Roll Call is not very active. If you need more info or want to tour together, send me an e-mail at KevintheIrishDJ@msn.com.

We are also on this cruise. I asked someone that did the same cruise last year and they said there was about a dozen children. My guess is with this cruise costing more than other holiday cruises it turns some families away plus the Pacific has less for children to do.

We are boarding the Caribbean Princess tomorrow for 21 days before changing ships - it will be interesting to go from a large ship down to the Pacific.

We went from the smallest ship in the fleet (Pacific) one month to the largest in the fleet (Regal) the next month. Surprisingly, it wasn't that much of a shock to the system.

Generally, I think the Pacific tends toward a slightly older, well-traveled group of passengers. They tend to dress up more than others IME.

My favourite ship.

Probably an older more dressy demographic, in my experience.

Since this sailing is over the holidays, do you think their might be many young families with children. My wife and I are both seniors and I told the wife I did think their would be children on this small ship. Hope I am right.

We did this voyage last Christmas / New Year. PP is our favorite Princess ship. As someone else noted, there weren't many children aboard as there isn't much for them to do. You won't run into a William Golding "Lord of the Flies" scenario for certain. The intimacy of this ship is a treasure. Where else do you find the singers and dancers doubling as the Cruise Director's staff? Enjoy your sailing, the Christmas night cabaret show and the new Year Eve party out on the open deck.

Happy to pay the extra to keep the PP in the fleet. Will join her for a short 17 day cruise in January.

I'm guessing that is the Panama Canal Connoisseur, Ft. Lauderdale to L.A. (?). We are on that cruise also--our first small ship experience. We have become increasingly disenchanted with the larger ships, especially the Royal Class and have decided to try something different.

Don't worry about "is it warm outside". You'll be inside, where it's cool.

Take your formal duds and glam it up.:D

Cool inside? When we went it was down right cold especially in the main showroom. Hopefully they have fixed that but if they haven't bring a light wrap.

We are also on this 14-day voyage. It has 3 formal nights and we are planning on treating this like any of the other 3 voyages over the holidays and wearing formal attire each night. As remarked already, this size ship does lend itself to being more like cruising used to be which means a little more "dressy" than the other Caribbean Cruise Busses.